**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

[Intro: Bēkon]
Is it wickedness?
Is it weakness?
You decide
Are we gonna live or die?

[Verse: Kendrick Lamar]
So I was takin' a walk the other day...
I'm sure it's been posted a million times, but he definitely wanted us to listen both ways.

The fact that it works so well and almost has a completely different tone backwards is mind blowing.

Samples...
24K Magic 
eek.gif

Tetsuo & Youth was slightly different because from the track listing you can see the songs are divided up by 'season' Lupe was more explicit.

So what would be the solution to our problem? I understand to accept God as our savior but what else we must do to break this cycle of constant mistreatment?

The solution. It's funny how under reported this is. In the year 2050 (33 years from now when our children will be our age) Africans, not including non-African "blacks" will make up 54% of the world population. By 2100, when our grandchildren are adults, Africans will make up 82% of the world's ENTIRE population.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...in-africa-grasping-the-scale-of-the-challenge

It is now the time for education, exposure to information and prepping our children for the coming change. There's a reason black folks have been catching more hell lately. The people opposed to this global change are VERY aware of this information.

Oh and stop worshipping the GOD they gave you.

Last edited:
Tetsuo & Youth was slightly different because from the track listing you can see the songs are divided up by 'season' Lupe was more explicit.

I never saw the season split as a obvious que to listen to it backwards.
I think Tetsuo and Youth has way more depth and the story front to back is vastly different then back to front.

I get what kendrick did and again i think the album is excellent. But people saying that he is the GOAT because of this front to back and back to front thing is laughable when its been done, slightly better and just last year. Its definitely a cool idea but don't act like he was first to do this

So what would be the solution to our problem? I understand to accept God as our savior but what else we must do to break this cycle of constant mistreatment?
The solution. It's funny how under reported this is. In the year 2050 (33 years from now when our children will be our age) Africans, not including non-African "blacks" will make up 54% of the world population. By 2100, when our grandchildren are adults, Africans will make up 82% of the world's ENTIRE population.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...in-africa-grasping-the-scale-of-the-challenge

It is now the time for education, exposure to information and prepping our children for the coming change. There's a reason black folks have been catching more hell lately. The people opposed to this global change are VERY aware of this information.

Oh and stop worshipping the GOD they gave you.
Word.

I think Tetsuo and Youth has way more depth and the story front to back is vastly different then back to front.

I get what kendrick did and again i think the album is excellent. But people saying that he is the GOAT because of this front to back and back to front thing is laughable when its been done, slightly better and just last year. Its definitely a cool idea but don't act like he was first to do this
I don't think it's fair to give him that title yet, but people are moreso giving Kendrick this praise because his first three major albums were great and a lot of people consider the first two (and the third too, but give it some time) classics.

Tetsuo & Youth had a lot more depth, IMO. Not sure I've listened to it backwards, though. Lupe and Kendrick are hard to compare. I feel like they're opposite ends to the same coin. Lupe is on another level with his technical skill though, if you ask me.

Wanted to rep you for the Kendrick and YG purchases but can't because of the other trash in your pic.

I don't think it's fair to give him that title yet, but people are moreso giving Kendrick this praise because his first three major albums were great and a lot of people consider the first two (and the third too, but give it some time) classics.

Tetsuo & Youth had a lot more depth, IMO. Not sure I've listened to it backwards, though. Lupe and Kendrick are hard to compare. I feel like they're opposite ends to the same coin. Lupe is on another level with his technical skill though, if you ask me.

completely agree.

and im not knocking kendrick. His last 4 albums (if you count section 80) are unmatched for me in terms of a 4 album run (as far as mainstream hip hop is concerned).

Back
Top Bottom