Official: Jordan Retro IV Oreo Thread 2/21/2015 (UPDATES ON PG 1)

Yeah, I'm still on the fence with the Columbia's, but these....
Columbia's are nice but trying to steer away from white based kicks now because there just too much to maintain. They def would make a nice pair of kicks for the summer though.

They are going with what's popular now can you blame them? Lol they still put out other nice cws and it also helps me to know what to pass on too

I definitely can't blame them, any successful business needs to learn to adapt with changes time bringa and JB is definitely doing that. But, sometimes it seems like JB focuses specifically on appealing to the younger demographic and what they want as opposed to learning how to balance it out a bit and appeal to every demographic evenly throughout the year.

I completely agree. They are trying to be that guy in their 50s dressing like they are 19-20. It could work for the sig lines in both JB/Nike, but for retro numbered jordans the design doesn't lend itself to crazy colors and patterns. That is why the 4lab1 look terrible or the Joker 3 (no offense if anyone owns them).

Lebrons, KD, Melo etc. can have crazy colors and patterns because they aren't designed, built, and don't have the same materials as 80s-90s ball shoes. Its like trying to put an air unit on a chuck taylor (not the best example).

Well, that's where things get tricky, because Jordan Retro's were so beyond their time and they have lasted the test of time up to this point. So for the most part they can release colorful retro's and be successful as long as they do them right. I would say the retro's 2-14 are best models that can be made to appeal to younger people using bright and colorful colors. But, Jordan shouldn't solely focus on trying to appeal to a certain stereotype of younger people, because there's those young people like me (I'm 23 and feel young lol) that don't go along with a lot of the trends and dress in bright and colorful colors. I dress in more bland colors like black, blue, red, grey, and white along with joggers and denim jeans. So I prefer either the classic's, the dope retro+ colorways that have released, or shoe's with colors that go with what I wear. For instance, I would love the red Melo 11 that has been going around the internet or the Pantone 11's and a blacked out/stealth 11, a Navy Blue 11 would probably look at least decent. But, other than the Concord 11 low's I feel like the other 11 low's that released last year were whack, especially that green snakeskin 11 low and the failed attempt at a Space Jam 11 low (if that's what they were going for) not to mention JB trying to ruin the 5 by producing a model with that poison green and other assortment of color's that's supposed to drop next year.

For me these are kinda close to the Fear IVs. I still have my fear IVs DS but may sell them since I am picking these up. Between the 2 I don't see myself ever wanting to wear the Fears over these.

having had the ogs and imo they were the most comfortable iv

with that said the leather doesnt look nearly as nice as the og retro plus

still undecided...

Last edited:

kinda leaning to these more than the columbias... anyone else?
same but i want the Columbias aswell 
tongue.gif

I want both tbh

I feel like for those who have money for both and want both, they should get both. I mean, IMO they are both dope colorways and can be used throughout different times of the year. A predominantly all white shoe and a predominantly all black shoe is always nice to have in the closet in the classic IV model :pimp:.

They do say that Oreo's are as addictive as cocaine
laugh.gif
That is the problem here!  I don't like all black like some.   To me that makes a shoe look like a nurse shoe or something someone wears working.  Not a sneaker to kick for fun.  These look really good to me.  And with the holidays putting a hurting on my slush fund, it is nice to have a n=month and a half to replenish and relax.  And the new release time is sweet too.  I am going to try and swing two of these when they drop.

That is the problem here!  I don't like all black like some.   To me that makes a shoe look like a nurse shoe or something someone wears working.  Not a sneaker to kick for fun.  These look really good to me.  And with the holidays putting a hurting on my slush fund, it is nice to have a n=month and a half to replenish and relax.  And the new release time is sweet too.  I am going to try and swing two of these when they drop.

The good thing about these shoe's is that even though they are predominantly black, there is enough of the Oreo accents on the midsole to balance it out and not make it a boring shoe even though I'm a sucker for stealth type shoe's. IMO with all these shoe's on my wishlist through May, especially with some month's having two or even three shoe's I want it's rough going from ending 2014 with the pricey 11's and going right into 2015 wanting the Columbia 4's and French Blue 7's. I wish there was a way for JB to spread these releases out a few months apart so our wallets could replenish, but in all honesty we know JB could care less if we have money in our pockets as long as it's going into their wallets. I wouldn't mind the busy months if prices were what they used to be when they were $100/$125 because the anticipation and waiting a long period of time also sucks.

In reference to pg.3(off topic)
Melo red 4s>>>>>>> actual released Toro 4s , All Day!!!

Dont get me wrong, I do like the Toro 4s, but I really was hoping them Melo toro version 4s, wouldve been what we got on a gr.

Last edited:
The good thing about these shoe's is that even though they are predominantly black, there is enough of the Oreo accents on the midsole to balance it out and not make it a boring shoe even though I'm a sucker for stealth type shoe's. IMO with all these shoe's on my wishlist through May, especially with some month's having two or even three shoe's I want it's rough going from ending 2014 with the pricey 11's and going right into 2015 wanting the Columbia 4's and French Blue 7's. I wish there was a way for JB to spread these releases out a few months apart so our wallets could replenish, but in all honesty we know JB could care less if we have money in our pockets as long as it's going into their wallets. I wouldn't mind the busy months if prices were what they used to be when they were $100/$125 because the anticipation and waiting a long period of time also sucks.
Amen.  The $200 stuff does mean i am just a bit more selective.  There are a few through May and as they announce the dates I will really have make sure it is something I am going to wear.  

all star weekend is gonna be huge also, i really have to limit myself with the remastered shoes, but the bulls over broadways are copped no questions. lady libertys and oreos are a dead tie for me. and of course just more and more release dates are getting leaked every day, jordan is not stopping for anyone lol

Amen.  The $200 stuff does mean i am just a bit more selective.  There are a few through May and as they announce the dates I will really have make sure it is something I am going to wear.  

So far everything through May I will wear, which sucks because I am trying to be selective, but I'll surely be spending at least $1500 through May granted I don't strikeout. If only we could have that $100/$125 price tag back instead of the big $200 price tag with taxes in my state I'd be looking at $200/$300 a month in months with two to three shoe's I want instead of $400/$600. As for my list:

January: Columbia 4's/French Blue 7's
February: Bulls Over Broadway 10's/Oreo 4's
March: Marvin the Martian 7's (maybe)/ Chicago 10's
April: White/Metallic 5's
May: Hare 7's/Bred 11 Low's/Chicago 1's
June: Nothing as of now
July: Bordeaux 7's
August: Black/Metallic Retro 6 low
September: Nothing as of now.

Back
Top Bottom