+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

Bottom line is that he just needs to quit the name dropping already. 
and WTF should he stop doing that to appease the generation of ****** who wanna hear him name drop Pablo Escobar and Tony Montana all record.
maybe if he said gucci this, fendi that, made a song about his buggatti, versace versace, his louis v bags, the bandz he drops in da club, or his molly connects...then maybe the kids would like it.

jay-z might have f-ed around and made a classic, 4th day listening to this joint and only track i really think about skipping is part 2.

That's another thing i will enjoy and have enjoyed about WTT also. That moment you speak of is still clear as day and the anticipation.... i was walking around my block using the funk flex app just to hear the album
laugh.gif
it seemed like that night thats all anyone cared about.
lol exactly I was on iheart bouncing from hot 97 to power 105 until I could download it but even after I got it the hype was there that night was fun for me an I enjoyed the album 

If Jay-Z is truly influenced by Basquiat and his work, you would think he would be able to reference him in more ways then just saying his name?

If you look at Basquiats work its not just flat out ideas, most of dudes painting are largely perplex and need mad amounts of decoding. how is hov inspired by somebody who such in depth work and can only quote his name. its like doing dude a huge disservice in my opinion.
ATLEAST NAME ONE OF HIS PAINTINGS or something. :rolleyes

The pre-order is in the #1 spot on iTunes top albums list... We talkin bout pre-order :nerd:
(Cue Iverson "we talkin bout practice" .gif)

If Jay-Z is truly influenced by Basquiat and his work, you would think he would be able to reference him in more ways then just saying his name?

If you look at Basquiats work its not just flat out ideas, most of dudes painting are largely perplex and need mad amounts of decoding. how is hov inspired by somebody who such in depth work and can only quote his name. its like doing dude a huge disservice in my opinion.
ATLEAST NAME ONE OF HIS PAINTINGS or something. :rolleyes

And if he mentioned his art work by names how many people would know what he was talking about?

Some of you nitpick anything.

Pitchfork gave it a 5.8 and gave Yeezus a 9.5 smh

What is a pitchfork? Who is Ian Cohen? And why does their opinion matter about anything?

Ian Cohen has written for Pitchfork since 2007 and currently surveys the misery of college football at Grantland. His work has appeared in Rolling Stone, LA Weekly, GOOD Magazine, ESPN The Magazine, GQ.com, MTV Hive, eMusic and various high school and college publications that are best forgotten. He currently lives in Los Angeles.

What makes him an expert on anything hip hop or rap?

Dudes stay letting others define their music for them. At least the Source and XXL used to come to a decision as a group, even if sometimes it was biased.

ATLEAST NAME ONE OF HIS PAINTINGS or something.
eyes.gif
And if he mentioned his art work by names how many people would know what he was talking about?

i guess people want him to give an art school dissertation on how basquiat makes him feel, i don't mind the name drop on a hot 16.

People always try to drag in other things to defend why their favorite album is better. Some people like Yeezus better, others like this better. Get over it.

I agree with you about WTT. His no church in the wild verse is still one of my favorites since it came out.

But Jay is in a position to make an album as sophisticated as he wants it to be. He is in a position where the critics and the media do not matter. He can drop whatever he wants and it will sell so why not come up with a deep and introspective album that will make these young hip-hop fans "think?" That would be creating the new rules. That would be changing the culture and I believe he has the ability and popularity to do that. "Heaven" is the best track on the album(IMO) because it actually makes me think. It has substance and so does Oceans. Unlike BBC and part II(worst songs on the album IMO)

overall I like this album a lot.

I see where your coming from but when doing that you have to really think of the generation that he's trying to get to... and not just the music that is being made but how this generation is digesting music. someone who's been listening to Migos, Gucci, future etc etc ALL THE TIME .... isn't going to be able to transition into an album with content. Becuase when listening to those artist everything is taken at pure face value. Their's no thinking, no having to look up certain things said, understanding the significance and placement of certain verses.

If he was too release an album completely filled with those kind of messages he would literally have to release another decoded for just that album.

Why do reviews matter any more. If you like it roll with it if not trash bin it. BTW Pitchfork has a hugeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee boner for Kanye look at his other reviews.
but according to that dude 

Triple F Life: Friends, Fans & Family>>>>magna carta

Why do reviews matter any more. If you like it roll with it if not trash bin it. BTW Pitchfork has a hugeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee boner for Kanye look at his other reviews.
People always bring in reviews when it validates their opinion, but when they don't people want to ignore them. And it is not just pitchfork, all of Kanye's albums, with the exception of 808's, have had positive to rave reviews.

Jay z is answering questions on twitter it seems lol
Every body ask if beach is better will be a full track :nerd:

Last edited:
Jay-Z tweets pretty sparingly, but in the weeks surrounding the release of his new album Magna Carta Holy Grail, he took to Twitter more regularly (new rules, after all). And today (July 8), he’s been having some fun replying to random followers who tweeted at him. The star began by addressing a few followers who threw shade his way, but once fans started relaying their amusement to Hov, he began replying to those tweets. Then he started answering random questions, shedding some light on his favorite cereal and why he didn’t call the album Magna Carter Holy Grail. Several of the posts contained the hashtag “#mylaugh,” which sounds much more refined than “LOL,” don’t you think?

Oh, also, he made a joke about fingering Beyonce. Head below to see that reply and more of Jay’s weird, entertaining Twitter exchanges from earlier today. Then hurry up and send a tweet to Mr. Carter.

http://idolator.com/7469251/jay-z-twitter-reply-followers

those tweets are funny as hell :lol:

i guess people want him to give an art school dissertation on how basquiat makes him feel, i don't mind the name drop on a hot 16.

:lol: not asking for art history lesson, I am just saying, Jay-Z is know for his creativity and whit like Basquiat, just dropping dudes name is the best he can do? Jay is capable of double and triple and hell triple double entendres but can't muster up the lyrical strength to give dude a proper shout out?

give me a break.

So now we see why Beach Is Better is cut short... (via hov's tweet)
Because vacations never last as long as you wish they would;
Just as you begin to get used to the enjoyment, it's gone...

I was talkin to my cuz about this yesterday how many of yall think cats are goin to go out and cop tom ford just because of hov..

what type of ******** is that hov you already got the hiphop world in your palms..just drop the full track already

Last edited:
I was talkin to my cuz about this yesterday how many of yall think cats are goin to go out and cop tom ford just because of hov..I think were gonna see a influx of tom ford gear or atleast fake gear if they make it..

what type of ******** is that hov you already got the hiphop world in your palms..just drop the full track already
Of course. Most people never heard of dude, so of course they gonna check him out. That's all rappers are these days anyway, free advertisement.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom