Official iPhone: RIP Steve Jobs.. Jailbreak Avail for 5.0(Page 1)

hopefully someone can help me out here.

I'm finally upgrading from my crappy phone to an iPhone this friday (if I can get my hands on one) at an Apple Store. Put one on "reserve" andeverything. My question is, does Apple change your current SIM card with a new one? (at the same time transferring whatever was on the old ononto the new one)

I ask this b/c my current phone won't make phone calls/send texts/access the internet if I'm in the Edge network. Only in 3G. It's been like thisfor a while. I think it's my SIM card that is to blame, and the fact that my phone is 2 years old doesn't help either.

If they don't, does Best Buy? Or does any AT&T carrier/kiosk offer a service that does that (if I were to pick up the phone on friday from Apple w/o anew SIM card).? Thanks is advance!

I'm downloading this junk (3.0) as we speak.
smokin.gif

Whoever has the update, has there been anything that has surprised you or impressed you with the update?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

I have a friend who wants to know something...

If his 3G iPhone is already jailbroken, will the 3.0 jailbreak release on Friday erase everything already jailbroken or will it just update it?

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by The Dauqs

Originally Posted by ballinsincekneehigh

Originally Posted by TerroristTim

For those with a 3G and want tethering and mms on 3.0

1.install itune 8.20.13 reboot pc
2. run itune shift + restore find OS 3.0 GM Build: 7A341
sit back or go get a beer. when its done sync the iphone
3.Uninstalled itune 8.20.13 reboot pc.
4.install itune 8.20.10 reboot pc.
5. run itune shift+update find ATT_US.ipcc click ok.
reboot iphone

Can be done on pc or mac. Search for the files needed. I didnt want to post them because I didnt know if it was against the rules here. This worked for me

c8b25bfec966d76fcf114e49e132c60ef54e417.jpg
24e155e3687ac41141dd5ac6bb220cc673e2343.jpg

fbb254bee866f73ac4316e3b7b2ec15037352fe.jpg
52f15be06375c41122c4325dbaf74192d85cc3f.jpg
someone dumb it down
laugh.gif

haha fo reals
It was easy. I used 2 computers though. I used my imac to sync my iphone and update to 3.0. I used my laptop with itunes 8.2.10 to update the carrier settings (ATT_US.ipcc file)

How do you change the carrier setting I cant find it

half the questions on this page were answered in the last 2 pages.

-No MMS until late summer, possibly early fall
-No tethering yet, waiting on AT&T (see a few posts up to enable)
-3.0 Jailbreak/unlock will come out on friday

do everyone a favor and read through a few pages before posting a question

Do i need to restore it first before i upgrade?

or it does that automatically when i choose to upgrade straight away..

Originally Posted by YUNG FLiP iMAGE

I have a friend who wants to know something...

If his 3G iPhone is already jailbroken, will the 3.0 jailbreak release on Friday erase everything already jailbroken or will it just update it?

nerd.gif
should just update it.

Originally Posted by MarkyMark25

hopefully someone can help me out here.

I'm finally upgrading from my crappy phone to an iPhone this friday (if I can get my hands on one) at an Apple Store. Put one on "reserve" and everything. My question is, does Apple change your current SIM card with a new one? (at the same time transferring whatever was on the old on onto the new one)

I ask this b/c my current phone won't make phone calls/send texts/access the internet if I'm in the Edge network. Only in 3G. It's been like this for a while. I think it's my SIM card that is to blame, and the fact that my phone is 2 years old doesn't help either.

If they don't, does Best Buy? Or does any AT&T carrier/kiosk offer a service that does that (if I were to pick up the phone on friday from Apple w/o a new SIM card).? Thanks is advance!

if it was like the 2g and 3g iPhone there's already a SIM card in there, you just need to activate it via itunes either as a new account or current account

reboot iphone

Can be done on pc or mac. Search for the files needed. I didnt want to post them because I didnt know if it was against the rules here. This worked for me

someone dumb it down
laugh.gif

haha fo reals
It was easy. I used 2 computers though. I used my imac to sync my iphone and update to 3.0. I used my laptop with itunes 8.2.10 to update the carrier settings (ATT_US.ipcc file)

on mac hold option click check for update. on pc its shift click check for update. you have to do it on the pre release itunes 8.2.10 and not thefinal release 8.2.13

reboot iphone

someone dumb it down
laugh.gif

haha fo reals

on mac hold option click check for update. on pc its shift click check for update. you have to do it on the pre release itunes 8.2.10 and not the final release 8.2.13

Does your phone have to be jailbroken to do this?

man it seems like getting MMS on 3.0 is complicated as heck, can someone attempt to simply explain what to do? thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by jordanfanatic23

man it seems like getting MMS on 3.0 is complicated as heck, can someone attempt to simply explain what to do? thanks in advance.
Wait. AT&T said late summer it will be working.

3.0 is cool.. but mms and tethering will have to wait.. can't wait to upgrade to the 3gs in a couple of weeks.. regular ole iphone interface ftl!!! nocycorder or cydia until 3gs..

when i updated to 3.0, all my contacts got deleted... anybody else have this happen to them?

Can Jailbreaking your iphone really void the warranty?
I was talking to my friend, and he said even if I restore my ipod to factory settings that they'll be able to tell that I jailbreaked my phone. Thereforeavoiding my warranty?

Originally Posted by vdubsta

I was talking to my friend, and he said even if I restore my ipod to factory settings that they'll be able to tell that I jailbreaked my phone. Therefore avoiding my warranty?

you can always restore to factory setting and back up... i have never seen someone brick a phone up here...

Originally Posted by just reason

Originally Posted by vdubsta

I was talking to my friend, and he said even if I restore my ipod to factory settings that they'll be able to tell that I jailbreaked my phone. Therefore avoiding my warranty?

you can always restore to factory setting and back up... i have never seen someone brick a phone up here...
Thanks. I guess my question is, if I even restore to factory settings, are they able to find out if you jailbreaked it? My friend claims they areable to find out if you jailbreaked it or not.

Originally Posted by 23MichaelJordan45

Originally Posted by jordanfanatic23

Wait. AT&T said late summer it will be working.

i know, thats too long to wait. i wanna know how peeps are using it already.

Back
Top Bottom