Official iPhone/iPod, Droid, Evo, etc Screenshot Thread Vol. Let's see your setup!

This might be a dumb question but is there any way I can make my droid incredible look just like an iphone?

I want to try something new and I kind of like the iOS look right now. I only want a replica or something very similar, if it's even noticeably different then I'll probably pass.

This might be a dumb question but is there any way I can make my droid incredible look just like an iphone?

I want to try something new and I kind of like the iOS look right now. I only want a replica or something very similar, if it's even noticeably different then I'll probably pass.

Originally Posted by scshift

Most definitely. It just depends on how far you want to go into it. You could replace the default launcher with something that looks like the iPhone, or you can go all the way to rooting your Incredible and replacing the stock ROM.

http://forum.xda-develope.../showthread.php?t=744807
http://forum.xda-develope...showthread.php?t=1117981

Here are a couple links to help you out if you decide to go the ROM route (which will be your best bet as far as aesthetics and performance are concerned.)

snap20110814_133859.png

snap20110814_135235.png

Spoiler [+]
snap20110814_135238.png

shoutout to Raadius. (Or does he prefer Radius?)

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by scshift

Most definitely. It just depends on how far you want to go into it. You could replace the default launcher with something that looks like the iPhone, or you can go all the way to rooting your Incredible and replacing the stock ROM.

http://forum.xda-develope.../showthread.php?t=744807
http://forum.xda-develope...showthread.php?t=1117981

Here are a couple links to help you out if you decide to go the ROM route (which will be your best bet as far as aesthetics and performance are concerned.)

snap20110814_133859.png

snap20110814_135235.png

Spoiler [+]
snap20110814_135238.png

shoutout to Raadius. (Or does he prefer Radius?)

nerd.gif

^ Thanks for the links man. I've seen MIUI before, don't know much about it, but that's what I'm saying. It looks close to the iphone, but not close enough.

I'm a perfectionist and if I was to really mod my phone I'd want everything perfect, down to the fonts, icons, dock, etc. Maybe I'm underestimating the potential of MIUI/ROMs but I've been googling a couple days for iphone themes on Android and I just haven't found any that are close enough for me yet.

I did however see a youtube video of someone who managed to get iOS on their HTC Hero, that's what I want. Some way I can perfectly (or very close to perfect) have the style/design of the OS on my phone, with the ability to change it back if I want.

^ Thanks for the links man. I've seen MIUI before, don't know much about it, but that's what I'm saying. It looks close to the iphone, but not close enough.

I'm a perfectionist and if I was to really mod my phone I'd want everything perfect, down to the fonts, icons, dock, etc. Maybe I'm underestimating the potential of MIUI/ROMs but I've been googling a couple days for iphone themes on Android and I just haven't found any that are close enough for me yet.

I did however see a youtube video of someone who managed to get iOS on their HTC Hero, that's what I want. Some way I can perfectly (or very close to perfect) have the style/design of the OS on my phone, with the ability to change it back if I want.

Once you have MIUI installed it's actually pretty easy to change stuff like fonts and icons around. There are countless themes that you can apply on top of MIUI to make it closer to the iPhone's interface, and you can always make your own if you're really dedicated to it. (It really doesn't take too long, I made my own flashable theme in like an hour and that was the first time I had ever done it.) But MIUI has a very extensive library of themes that can be applied and it comes with a theme chooser, so I'd definitely try it out before you decide not to go through with it. The worst that can happen is that you won't like MIUI and decide to choose a different ROM or go back to stock. (I prefer CyanogenMod, but each person has their tastes.)

iOS might be doable on your Incredible, but you have to keep in mind that various things probably won't be working 100%. You might have to push for notifications, 4G/3G might not work, your picture gallery may not load, etc. The hardware on your phone may also cause problems. For a ROM to really work on a phone you have to have hardware to support all of its features in addition to the software comparability.

Either way, I'd say you should still check out MIUI if your Incredible is still stock. If I were you, I'd try out a few ROMs to see what you like. Even if MIUI isn't iOS-esque enough for you, you might find another ROM that you'd rather use. (I still have a hard time not going back to Sense 3.0...it's so...beautiful...)

Once you have MIUI installed it's actually pretty easy to change stuff like fonts and icons around. There are countless themes that you can apply on top of MIUI to make it closer to the iPhone's interface, and you can always make your own if you're really dedicated to it. (It really doesn't take too long, I made my own flashable theme in like an hour and that was the first time I had ever done it.) But MIUI has a very extensive library of themes that can be applied and it comes with a theme chooser, so I'd definitely try it out before you decide not to go through with it. The worst that can happen is that you won't like MIUI and decide to choose a different ROM or go back to stock. (I prefer CyanogenMod, but each person has their tastes.)

iOS might be doable on your Incredible, but you have to keep in mind that various things probably won't be working 100%. You might have to push for notifications, 4G/3G might not work, your picture gallery may not load, etc. The hardware on your phone may also cause problems. For a ROM to really work on a phone you have to have hardware to support all of its features in addition to the software comparability.

Either way, I'd say you should still check out MIUI if your Incredible is still stock. If I were you, I'd try out a few ROMs to see what you like. Even if MIUI isn't iOS-esque enough for you, you might find another ROM that you'd rather use. (I still have a hard time not going back to Sense 3.0...it's so...beautiful...)

This ##+@ looks way too complicated to do.

I wanna hook up my iPhone 4, but i don't think i have the brains to do it

Back
Top Bottom