Official iPad 3 Event Thread (new Apple TV too?)

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

Y'all still buying into this Apple hype when other companies are now flying past Apple in terms of technology, experience and value?

Pretty much... These self hyping "events" are hilarious. Live streaming, live blogging... World changing events.... ehh. Not so much.. I have a iphone and love it. But they have definitely build their product around the fact that they do these flashy side show attractions that no one else is doing... Hundreds of companies put out new products every year. More than likely, you just see it on the shelves and that's that. No fancy press events or marketing.. I guess that's why Apple is currently beating out the others... The company definitely has substance, but they have built quite the allure. It reminds me a lot of Nike in the 80s and 90s.

Other tablet makers have proven that it's not all about specs. It's all about being user friendly if you want to be successful, and that's where Apple eclipses the competition.

Originally Posted by bjamez20

Was it a base 15 or high end? No idea what the going price is but probably 1200 or so..

base i believe bought it for 1800

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Y'all still buying into this Apple hype when other companies are now flying past Apple in terms of technology, experience and value?

Pretty much... These self hyping "events" are hilarious. Live streaming, live blogging... World changing events.... ehh. Not so much.. I have a iphone and love it. But they have definitely build their product around the fact that they do these flashy side show attractions that no one else is doing... Hundreds of companies put out new products every year. More than likely, you just see it on the shelves and that's that. No fancy press events or marketing.. I guess that's why Apple is currently beating out the others... The company definitely has substance, but they have built quite the allure. It reminds me a lot of Nike in the 80s and 90s.
LOL

WHAT COMPANY IS FLYING PAST APPLE IN TERMS OF TECHNOLOGY?

you guys are acting like the competitors are making life changing tech....THEY DONT EVEN MAKE THEIR OWN SOFTWARE

Apple simply put OVERALL is the best consumer electronics company people just hate when a company is on type. Silly how this is called a "self hype event" when EVERY SINGLE TECH COMPANY participates in keynote events whenever they are trying to push a new product. DID YOU GUYS NOT JUST SEE HTC JUST DO THE EXACT SAME THING LAST WEEK?

The reason why Apple needs such large events to show their devices is because they arent trying to promote vaporware like every other tech company when they show their devices its the retail version ready NOW

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

LOL

you guys are acting like the competitors are making life changing tech....THEY DONT EVEN MAKE THEIR OWN SOFTWARE

Apple simply put OVERALL is the best consumer electronics company people just hate when a company is on type. Silly how this is called a "self hype event" when EVERY SINGLE TECH COMPANY participates in keynote events whenever they are trying to push a new product. DID YOU GUYS NOT JUST SEE HTC JUST DO THE EXACT SAME THING LAST WEEK?

The reason why Apple needs such large events to show their devices is because they arent trying to promote vaporware like every other tech company when they show their devices its the retail version ready NOW

Mobile World Congress isn't just a HTC event.
And who is promoting Vaporware?????

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

LOL

Mobile World Congress isn't just a HTC event.
And who is promoting Vaporware?????
MWC isnt just an HTC event but they had a keynote presentation which is exactly what apple is doing with the iPad, apple does not participate in ce expos/shows, HTC took about the same amount of time talking about their bs new line of phones as with any apple presentation.

And vaporware is probably the wrong term to use but what I was going for is that these companies are talking about products that are sooo far away from release as where apple is showing their final retail version.

The next iPad will do the same thing as the current iterations but do it "better." Still no LTE. Just my two cents via Asia.

i like tablets, i use my fire more than my macbook...

id want a 8 inch ipad...i dont care if its 8gb either, apps don't take that much space and im not about to put music and carry around a ipad + headphones...movies ill just stream netflix and hbo go

I might just get this so i can use it on vacations.
pimp.gif

any idea how much an used ipad 2 should be now?  i see on craiglist that it can go as low as 300 for 16g wifi.  is that a good price?  
i'd rather save a few hundred bucks now for a jailbreak version.

So I slowly have become a huge Apple guy.. started with an iPhone 4, then got iPad 2 as a gift, then most recently got a MBP 15inch.

Having said that, I think I use my iPad the most of the three. I take notes with it for class, have lecture slides and books on there, take it on the bus for all road trips, etc

For college students, I think iPads have a lot of features that are helpful for class.

(I don't know anything about any other tablets so I can't compare them)

Don't think I'll be getting the 3, but am excited to see the new features

This "Applehead vs. Non Applehead" argument is ******ed and has been for years. Buy whatever the @+*@ you want.

Anyways...this TV better be everything that the Google TV wasn't. According to his biographer, one of the last things Jobs had told him before he passed was that he felt he had finally figured out what the Apple TV "should be".

Originally Posted by SN Souljah

Will not be a major upgrade for ipad 2 users...but to each his own

retina display is a considerable upgrade in resolution, this doesn't include the consideration of a new processor

WallyHopp wrote:
goldenchild9 wrote:

Flying past Apple?  A half trillion dollar company? There's an experience that trumps intuitive use? Value in terms of plastic casing and bezels?

technology in terms of apple being known to have instances of receiving preferential treatment in terms of receiving early releases of intel's newest chips?

The same company that single-handedly increased shipping rates by 20% from China because it bought up the majority of premium rates to ship their product in time?

the same company that is so massive that it's now fighting the law of large numbers

It is the largest publicly traded company in the world by market capitalization,[sup][7][/sup][sup][8][/sup] overtopping ExxonMobil by some $60 billion, as well as the largest technology company in the world by revenue and profit, worth more than Google and Microsoft combined.[sup][9][/sup][sup][10][/sup]

Fortune magazine named Apple the most admired company in the United States in 2008, and in the world from 2008 to 2011.[sup][11][/sup][sup][12][/sup][sup][13][/sup][sup][14][/sup]

[sup]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Company#cite_note-13[/sup]

Apple's iPhones were the top three most popular smartphones in the United States for all of 2011, according to comScore's 2012 Mobile Future in Focus whitepaper. NPDreported similar results for the months of October and November, when the iPhone 4S was the most popular smartphone in the country after it was released. 

comscoretopphones.jpg

For the full year, the iPhone 4S was the country's third most popular smartphone model, beating every other non iPhone model, even though it was only on sale for the final three months of the year. As they were on sale for the full 12 months, both the iPhone 4 and 3GS outsold the iPhone 4S. In fourth place was a single BlackBerry model, followed by the only Android device on the list: the HTC Evo 4G -- a Sprint exclusive, and the first 4G phone available in the US.

I don't get it, do you just talk so you can run your mouth, or are you trying to blatantly lie to people.

Originally Posted by kiendienn

Originally Posted by SN Souljah

retina display is a considerable upgrade in resolution, this doesn't include the consideration of a new processor

And you think for a regular user that they will care that much to shell out another 5-600 for the new ipad?

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

kiendienn wrote:

SN Souljah wrote:

And you think for a regular user that they will care that much to shell out another 5-600 for the new ipad?

I work in the corporate world where everyone here has a decent amount of money and most are all down to pay for the iPad even though it might not be that much better then the old one. I still don't think the iPad is a general thing for teenagers and even college students but corporate America loves this damn thing. All the managers here that travel all have iPads and most just use it for watching movies on the airplane to checking their schedules with meetings. Regardless, the iPad 3 will sell like hot cakes.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

kiendienn wrote:

I work in the corporate world where everyone here has a decent amount of money and most are all down to pay for the iPad even though it might not be that much better then the old one. I still don't think the iPad is a general thing for teenagers and even college students but corporate America loves this damn thing. All the managers here that travel all have iPads and most just use it for watching movies on the airplane to checking their schedules with meetings. Regardless, the iPad 3 will sell like hot cakes.

^this.
also, most apple products regain a chunk of their value, so as many other NT'ers, I'm sure people are going to flip their old one for a 3 and pay the difference of 2 or 3 bills.

if you're already paying $600+, you might as well have the best, and the difference between retina and the current display is night and day

regardless, i'm getting my mom one and i know shes gonna love it

Originally Posted by kiendienn

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

^this.
also, most apple products regain a chunk of their value, so as many other NT'ers, I'm sure people are going to flip their old one for a 3 and pay the difference of 2 or 3 bills.

if you're already paying $600+, you might as well have the best, and the difference between retina and the current display is night and day

regardless, i'm getting my mom one and i know shes gonna love it
yea man, I work in the industry, and companies are throwing out work computers and replacing em with iPads. Dudes kill me with the Android stuff though, its not about the hardware. What good is hardware when the software is horrid. To say Windows vs OSX is debatable, to say iOS vs Android is a joke, half these cats customize their Android devices to look like iOS. 
I got a 15in MBP, and I just sold my iPad 2 for 350 and I already miss my tablet, primarily when I`m in bed laying down.

Back
Top Bottom