OFFICIAL INSANITY THREAD: Week By Week Workout Results

this intrigues me.

is insanity a bit too tough for someone that isnt in great shape to begin with?

im fairly fat and out of shape and need something to kinda kickstart me to get in shape. My weekly exercise regimen consists of maybe 1-2 days of light lifting for 30-45 minutes, and 1-3 days of light jogging for about 30 min (2-4 miles at approx 9 min mile pace).

will my body quit and breakdown before I even get started?

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

this intrigues me.

im fairly fat
and out of shape and need something to kinda kickstart me to get in shape. My weekly exercise regimen consists of maybe 1-2 days of light lifting for 30-45 minutes, and 1-3 days of light jogging for about 30 min (2-4 miles at approx 9 min mile pace).

i dont know why but this had me dying

this intrigues me.

im fairly fat
and out of shape and need something to kinda kickstart me to get in shape. My weekly exercise regimen consists of maybe 1-2 days of light lifting for 30-45 minutes, and 1-3 days of light jogging for about 30 min (2-4 miles at approx 9 min mile pace).

this intrigues me.

im fairly fat and out of shape and need something to kinda kickstart me to get in shape. My weekly exercise regimen consists of maybe 1-2 days of light lifting for 30-45 minutes, and 1-3 days of light jogging for about 30 min (2-4 miles at approx 9 min mile pace).

I think you should be fine.   Tryout the fit test, so you can see your level of tolerance 
laugh.gif

You can find a copy of the exercises and calendar online (Google). 

this intrigues me.

I think you should be fine.   Tryout the fit test, so you can see your level of tolerance 
laugh.gif

You can find a copy of the exercises and calendar online (Google). 

this intrigues me.

You could say that. But hey, put it this way... ANYBODY that's in shape or not in shape that pushes them self to the fullest WILL break down.

It's all about pushing yourself past your limits... anybody that says "Awww naw, im hella fit... I didn't break down" is lying! Trust me, because any real athlete or someone trying to thrive 110% past their limits will eventually break down. That's why recovery days or recovery weeks is VERY important!

I use to always tell guys that I train with "If you haven't vomited yet, you're not training hard enough" I make sure my guys are on the floor exhausted at the end of the day.

this intrigues me.

You could say that. But hey, put it this way... ANYBODY that's in shape or not in shape that pushes them self to the fullest WILL break down.

It's all about pushing yourself past your limits... anybody that says "Awww naw, im hella fit... I didn't break down" is lying! Trust me, because any real athlete or someone trying to thrive 110% past their limits will eventually break down. That's why recovery days or recovery weeks is VERY important!

I use to always tell guys that I train with "If you haven't vomited yet, you're not training hard enough" I make sure my guys are on the floor exhausted at the end of the day.

Originally Posted by irie

this intrigues me.

im fairly fat

laugh.gif
 i just call it like it is man.  I'm just a shade under 6' and 207lb as of this morning.  The wife says I'm at my fattest I been in the last 3-4 years.  I was training for a couple of half marathons in '09-'10 (mostly to drop a couple lbs before my wedding) but after I threw my back out 2 days before my last race, I kinda just fell off.  Stopped exercising, drinking a cup of bacon grease with every meal,
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 and late night burrito runs.  not a good look.

follow up question:

if i can find the exercises and calendars online, is it still worth getting the dvd set?  is part of having the dvd set the motivation of the on screen trainer (cause i have terrible self motivation when it comes to exercise).

Originally Posted by irie

this intrigues me.

im fairly fat

laugh.gif
 i just call it like it is man.  I'm just a shade under 6' and 207lb as of this morning.  The wife says I'm at my fattest I been in the last 3-4 years.  I was training for a couple of half marathons in '09-'10 (mostly to drop a couple lbs before my wedding) but after I threw my back out 2 days before my last race, I kinda just fell off.  Stopped exercising, drinking a cup of bacon grease with every meal,
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 and late night burrito runs.  not a good look.

follow up question:

if i can find the exercises and calendars online, is it still worth getting the dvd set?  is part of having the dvd set the motivation of the on screen trainer (cause i have terrible self motivation when it comes to exercise).

I don't think you'll be able to find the exact exercises online. Unless somebody that has the DVD posts it. Though I think the DVD is worth it! Shaun T has a way to motivate you, tell when you stop, tell you when to go, how long you should stretch, how long to warm-up.... ect.

I don't think you'll be able to find the exact exercises online. Unless somebody that has the DVD posts it. Though I think the DVD is worth it! Shaun T has a way to motivate you, tell when you stop, tell you when to go, how long you should stretch, how long to warm-up.... ect.

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

last stupid question i promise.

looks like a lot of bootleg copies available on craigslist.  is there any specific insert that may be missing if i buy bootleg?  i mean, as long as it plays and i have the calendar and nutritional guide or whatever i should be straight, right?

looks like a lot of bootleg copies available on craigslist.  is there any specific insert that may be missing if i buy bootleg?  i mean, as long as it plays and i have the calendar and nutritional guide or whatever i should be straight, right?

I'm sure those bootleg craigslist version is the same. When I shopped for them, all they did was burn the original to another. Only difference is that you won't get the calender and healthy meal book.

To me, that was alittle more important, so I declined and waited. I got lucky on buying the whole thing for $20
pimp.gif
Just keep looking, check Ebay, Craigslist... ect.

I'm sure those bootleg craigslist version is the same. When I shopped for them, all they did was burn the original to another. Only difference is that you won't get the calender and healthy meal book.

To me, that was alittle more important, so I declined and waited. I got lucky on buying the whole thing for $20
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by knightngale

fit test 2 done

Great job Knight! As for me... i'm gonna have to start over
eyes.gif
I got sick, a really random fever! Never worked out for 2 weeks.
indifferent.gif
I got the flu 1  month into my first try and took 3 months off...dont do what I did
roll.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I suggest taking off  1 to 2 weeks off to regain your strength but not more than a month or you will lose progress

fit test 2 done

eyes.gif
indifferent.gif
I got the flu 1  month into my first try and took 3 months off...dont do what I did
roll.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I suggest taking off  1 to 2 weeks off to regain your strength but not more than a month or you will lose progress

pimp.gif
i downloaded all the vids and booklets after searching for a little bit.  this was last year, it's probably easier to find now.
mojo, i was out of shape when i started too.  after a few days you get used to it and feel more energetic.  the exercises do a ton of cardio and endurance.  i need to start up again soon.  i sweated a lot more when i did p90x though, not sure why.

pimp.gif
i downloaded all the vids and booklets after searching for a little bit.  this was last year, it's probably easier to find now.
mojo, i was out of shape when i started too.  after a few days you get used to it and feel more energetic.  the exercises do a ton of cardio and endurance.  i need to start up again soon.  i sweated a lot more when i did p90x though, not sure why.

fit test 2 done

eyes.gif
indifferent.gif
roll.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Yeah I been already slowly starting... did a mild fit test 2 days ago. And been running atleast 2 miles everyday since then. On Monday, i'll start again!

Weird though, I got sick for almost 2 weeks. Did nothing but take medicines and eat, eat and eat! Eating unhealthy snacks too
sick.gif
BUT... I actually lost weight, though I did look scrawny with no muscle mass at all!
laugh.gif

i sweated a lot more when i did p90x though, not sure why.

Most likely because P90X has a longer period of exercises, while INSANITY is like 30 minutes including the pre-warm ups and post warm ups. That's why I did 250 push ups, 250 sit ups, 10x 200 yard sprints and a mile cool down jog everyday after every workout.

fit test 2 done

eyes.gif
indifferent.gif
roll.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Yeah I been already slowly starting... did a mild fit test 2 days ago. And been running atleast 2 miles everyday since then. On Monday, i'll start again!

Weird though, I got sick for almost 2 weeks. Did nothing but take medicines and eat, eat and eat! Eating unhealthy snacks too
sick.gif
BUT... I actually lost weight, though I did look scrawny with no muscle mass at all!
laugh.gif

i sweated a lot more when i did p90x though, not sure why.

Most likely because P90X has a longer period of exercises, while INSANITY is like 30 minutes including the pre-warm ups and post warm ups. That's why I did 250 push ups, 250 sit ups, 10x 200 yard sprints and a mile cool down jog everyday after every workout.

Back
Top Bottom