Official Houston Rockets 2013 Offseason Thread: Welcome D12 to Houston!

The Rockets made their first roster move of training camp on Wednesday, releasing rookie guard B.J. Young. The move reduced the Rockets roster to 18 players.

Young was signed in July as an undrafted free agent out of Arkansas after averaging 11.8 points on 51.6 percent shooting with the Rockets’ summer league team in Orlando.

Young is likely a candidate for a roster spot with the Rio Grande Valley Vipers, the Rockets’ NBA Development League team.

B.J.-Young-306x428.jpg

Have an idea what the main rotation will look like, but maaaan, can't wait til the season starts to see everybody in action

Per clutchfans, Thanks for uploading it Clutch! 
pimp.gif

Dwight Howard First Scrimmage as a Houston Rocket 
pimp.gif

Additional Footage

TJ looked solid out there with the threes..

AB/Lin as 1/2 looks great.. 

EDIT: Omer still out I guess

Last edited:
^:lol:

It's almost time....

View media item 604329
The time has finally arrived for the Houston Rockets to take the court for an actual game, even if it is just a pre-season game. Nevertheless, the New Orleans Pelicans will take the floor at Toyota Center Saturday night for the opening day of the NBA’s pre-season.

The buzz will be around how Dwight Howard looks in the Rockets’ offense, and how he seems to fit into the new system. However, he will be on a minutes limit, as will the rest of the established rotation players. That includes James Harden, Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons, Patrick Beverley, Donatas Motiejunas, and Terrence Jones.
With so much anticipation and hype for the Rockets this season, it’s easy to lose sight of the fact that Saturday night’s matchup is just a pre-season game, and both teams are looking to get adjusted to their new look rosters.

Injury Update
Omer Asik has been ruled out, as he continues to deal with a calf injury that he suffered earlier in the week during practice. Both Francisco Garcia and Marcus Camby will not suit up for the game as well, as both players are still recovering from injuries they suffered before training camp began.

Rockets Starting Line-up Means Nothing
The quartet of Lin, Harden, Parsons, and Howard will be in the starting line-up and will remain so when the regular season tips off on Oct. 30, barring any injury. The power forward spot still remains a mystery. There could be bevy of options: Jones, Motiejunas, or the shifting of inserting Parsons at the 4-spot and Beverley starting at point guard, with Lin and Harden each moving down a spot. The latter seems unlikely as coach Kevin McHale will want to maximize minutes in the pre-season for both Jones and D-Mo to get a clear sense as who should be the starting power forward coming out of pre-season. Whatever starting five is rolled out will most likely not be the same group when the Charlotte Bobcats come to town to start the regular season.

17 Deep
The next 20 days will give players on the bubble of making the rotation a chance to showcase what they have. The wing rotation off the bench remains unsettled. With Garcia sitting out, Reggie Williams, Ronnie Brewer, and Robert Covington will have ample time to make a claim for rotation minutes in the season. Aaron Brooks has looked impressive during training camp so far, and will get some minutes to prove if he can legitimately challenge Beverley for the back-up point guard spot. Omri Casspi has to prove if he can be that stretch-4 that the Rockets were looking for when he was signed, and Greg Smith has to prove if he can be a consistent rotation player in the NBA. With Asik and Camby out, Smith will get the bulk of minutes as the back-up to Howard at center.

Tip-Off Time: 7:00 PM CST
TV: CSN Houston

:lol: @ "TV: CSN Houston" **** them

didn't get to watch the game, but the team looked pretty good yesterday. ended up losing but they were up by like 8 or something after 3 and the starters stopped playing near the end of the 3rd for good.

wish the real season would just hurry up and start already though.

Team looked solid 
pimp.gif

Howard looks healthy *knocks on wood*

Harden looks determined

Beverley making jrue his b**** 
smokin.gif

Tjones looks like he'll be our starting pf by the end of the season 
smokin.gif

My body is ready 

howard looked pretty good but still needs some work.
casspi was on FIRE.
i love patrick beverley. he's awesome :lol: i think he ripped jrue holliday on 2 or 3 straight possessions at half court.

The Great Casspi :pimp:

Liked what I saw from the starters, but that bench needs to be shored up, but I'm not in a bind cause we easily had 4-5 rotational players out

delfino is gonna be missed. vet leadership and outside shooting off the bench
cant blame him, was one of them bargain deals by morey

^this. But I think Casspi, Garcia,Covington can hold it down. I dont wanna see anymore Delfino at the "4" spot like last year. That game against the bobcats when Delfino was guarding Okafor :smh::smh:

Or when we had Delfino guarding.......oh wait I only seen 8 Rockets games last year. 6 of those were the playoff games.

Come on Comcast. :smh:

if you throw me the face value for my extra ticket you're more than welcome to come to some games with me

Delfino's swag will be missed the most.

I'm sayin. I knew we wouldn't bring him back after that foot fracture though. You're never the same after that type of injury at that age

Or when we had Delfino guarding.......oh wait I only seen 8 Rockets games last year. 6 of those were the playoff games.

Come on Comcast. :smh:

CSN stinks, but them filing for bankruptcy may do wonders for the tv deal. Haven't heard many details since though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom