OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

This game sucks, but always fun to watch from a suite :pimp: definitely started taking advantage of the drinks down 2-0 6 minutes in.

Attachments

• IMG_4928.jpeg
    IMG_4928.jpeg
    438.7 KB · Views: 2,773
This came to light about 2 years ago. It caused Hockey Canada to lose almost every sponsorship in the country until they cleaned house and had a third party investigation. The organization has met the criteria set forth to regain a lot of the sponsorship. If you read what Hockey Canada did, this is a pathetic punishment and we should have been banned from international competition.

The victim is pressing charges, which is why you are now seeing the names come out. People had basically deduced a group of 8-10 players from the larger group. Today through the actions of their current teams, the attackers were identified.

I havent kept up with the details but I truly hope if proven guilty, they are punished to the extent of the law,and that anyone at Hockey Canada proven to know about it and not come forward joins them.

This came to light about 2 years ago. It caused Hockey Canada to lose almost every sponsorship in the country until they cleaned house and had a third party investigation. The organization has met the criteria set forth to regain a lot of the sponsorship. If you read what Hockey Canada did, this is a pathetic punishment and we should have been banned from international competition.

The victim is pressing charges, which is why you are now seeing the names come out. People had basically deduced a group of 8-10 players from the larger group. Today through the actions of their current teams, the attackers were identified.

I havent kept up with the details but I truly hope if proven guilty, they are punished to the extent of the law,and that anyone at Hockey Canada proven to know about it and not come forward joins them.

Names should be made public and players should be banned by NHL and Canadian leagues at the very least. Europe too but I doubt that would happen.

wild stuff. was this like "lead story on the 6 pm network news" stuff over there? or more like sports talk radio news?

not surprised that this is the first that I'm/we're hearing about it, but at the same time crazy that it never got even a mention anywhere (AFAIK).

wild stuff. was this like "lead story on the 6 pm network news" stuff over there? or more like sports talk radio news?

not surprised that this is the first that I'm/we're hearing about it, but at the same time crazy that it never got even a mention anywhere (AFAIK).

Oh it was major news. But because it was technically allegations I think it wasn’t reported as widely as it should have been.

Rick Westhead is what amounts to an investigative sports journalist and is a great resource to follow. He is kind of abrasive and does run some people the wrong way. He has been key in a lot of the findings here, as well as the Chicago Blackhawks sexual abuse allegations.

A huge black eye for the sport and hockey Canada as a whole.

Rangers need this all star break bad. Igor been playing like **** :smh:
He’s been the worst goalie this past month. Partially it’s the defense and forwards just leaving him on an island and playing **** defense but it’s also a fault of Igor just not making the stops he normally does.

It seems like it but Kuz has been healthy scratched a few times this year. I liked him a lot but I think this is a good deal assuming the pick is realistic.

Is the 3v3 All-star tourney is dope. First time they've done this?

Lowkey been getting into the Kraken. I check in on the TNT games too...I like that crew and helps me better understand nuances of the game. Hoping Kraken can make this run to keep me going..

Back
Top Bottom