Official Heat vs. Hawks doubleheader post. (Vol. Disgrace)

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

^
laugh.gif

So the Hawks won by 3 today.

Twice.

roll.gif

...and now, for some unexplainable reason (or just that the East sucks) we're back in the playoffs...
laugh.gif

They ran a "Top 10 Crying Moments in Sports History" piece during the game. Included Favre, T.O., etc...you knew they were building towards the Heatat #1. They opted for the "Riley cries about Shaq's foul count" moment. Deep down, I was hoping they would go here...

^ Cooooold blooded.
laugh.gif
Gotta love it when the home team's entertainment department throws jabs at the opponents.
roll.gif

Did any fouls, TO's or anything occur withing those :51 seconds??? I mean anything that would've changed the box score at least
roll.gif

If not, there was no point at all in replaying that game, they basically just "OFFICIALLY" had a pre-game warm-up
laugh.gif

^ Marion got a rebound.
nerd.gif

Wade missed a 3 to send it to another overtime.
nerd.gif

Oh, and a Hawk hit a couple free throws.
nerd.gif

On ESPN, they said that the local radio show still a regular post-game show and everything, and then turned right around and went into their pre-game show.
laugh.gif

Can you imagine?

"Alright, folks, welcome to your Atlanta Hawks Postgame Show, brought to you by Outkast. [
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
] That was a tough, hard-fought win for the good guys in red and white. TheHeat played great, but the hometown Hawks were able to pull through with a W. So let's see... next on the schedule will be... oh... the Heat again! Inabout a half hour! Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to your Atlanta Hawks Pregame Show here on AM 1720, brought to you, as always, by Atlanta Chevrolet."

roll.gif

^^ Just saw the replay again, and they mentioned that they had a post-game show, followed by a pre-game show
laugh.gif

Maybe it wouldn't be as hilarious if it was another team, but it's the damn Miami Heat with the season they are having.
tongue.gif

They also put jason williams on the kiss cam...... that was funny..... i left with about 6 mins left in the game, because i knew the Heat couldnt comeback....... they are my team but only because of Jason Williams. I hope he gets signed by a good team next year.....

23ska909red02 wrote:
Like I said when it was announced that the final :51 would be re-done even despite the Shaq trade:

So with 51 seconds left in the game, they removed Shaq because he had fouled out.

Then the Heat/Hawks played the final :51 without Shaq.

Then the Heat protested, because Shaq SHOULD have been allowed to play, because he actually HADN'T fouled out yet.

The NBA reviews the game, and decides that the Heat are right: that was Shaq's 5th foul, not his 6th.

So they schedule a re-do... but Shaq has been traded, so he won't be playing.

So what began as 51 seconds of play without Shaq will now be corrected... by 51 seconds of play without Shaq

laugh.gif

NBA: where "What the...?" happens.

Not that it matters, but I thought the protest and NBA schedule redo was granted before the Shaq-Marion/Banks trade?

I kinda really glad that we lost but games. No point loses pin balls at this stage of the season.

I hope Riles shoots Wade down and let Cook finish out the season at SG. I, for one, think Cook can be something special. I hope Banks aint out long because hismaking good strides.

Yes!! We lost again.. One step closer to beasley!!! I hope dwade doesn't shut down I need to see him when he comes to boston March 30!! Que viva lo miamiheat

Seriously Riles needs to step down as coach. I want him and Randy Pfund to resign now so bad it pisses me off. I lost a lot of respect for Pat Riley. (and yesI'm mad).
mad.gif
smh.gif
tired.gif

We need Michael Beasley so bad as well as a do-over.
tired.gif

me:
Like I said when it was announced that the final :51 would be re-done even despite the Shaq trade:

So with 51 seconds left in the game, they removed Shaq because he had fouled out.

Then the Heat/Hawks played the final :51 without Shaq.

Then the Heat protested, because Shaq SHOULD have been allowed to play, because he actually HADN'T fouled out yet.

The NBA reviews the game, and decides that the Heat are right: that was Shaq's 5th foul, not his 6th.

So they schedule a re-do... but Shaq has been traded, so he won't be playing.

So what began as 51 seconds of play without Shaq will now be corrected... by 51 seconds of play without Shaq

laugh.gif

NBA: where "What the...?" happens.
heat23:
Not that it matters, but I thought the protest and NBA schedule redo was granted before the Shaq-Marion/Banks trade?

Correct: the league allowed a re-do... and THEN Shaq was traded.

Back
Top Bottom