OFFICIAL HEADPHONE THREAD VOL. iPod earbuds hurt

Originally Posted by megatron

Originally Posted by Sneaky

Originally Posted by Sneaky

Anyone else have a problem with their Dr. Dre Beats? I can hear the beats/instrumentals but the vocals are really really soft like i can barely hear them but the beats are loud so it's almost like i'm listening to an instrumental. I'm assuming it's the cord that hooks into my ipod and my beats but i'm not sure, any help?
nerd.gif

nerd.gif
Make sure your cable is plugged in all the way on both ends. thats all i can think of because that has happened to me at one point or another with every pair of headphones I have owned.
Yeah it's all the way plugged in.. Gonna take them to best buy this week and see what they can do.

I just copped a pair of Bowers and Wilkins P5 headphones. AWESOME

Originally Posted by BrockBo

I want to ask My mom for Beats for Christmas Either Solo's or studios in Red or Black I feel bad making her pay $200+ for headphones you guys any where you can get a legit pair for less I know it's probably been asked 15000 times but appreciate it. Also any info on the warranty for beats?

You could just get a less expensive pair of headphones that delivers twice the quality.
But I'm assuming the style and status of the beats is 90% of why you want them.
eyes.gif

poor mom
frown.gif

Originally Posted by DwyaneWadeOG

I want to ask My mom for Beats for Christmas Either Solo's or studios in Red or Black I feel bad making her pay $200+ for headphones you guys any where you can get a legit pair for less I know it's probably been asked 15000 times but appreciate it. Also any info on the warranty for beats?

You could just get a less expensive pair of headphones that delivers twice the quality.
eyes.gif

poor mom
frown.gif
How about you suggest a pair for him?

eyes.gif

poor mom
frown.gif

Yea your right we went to best buy and she was listening to them so we will see I might just tell her not to get them and I'll use my Christmas money to pick the up those Red studios are fire

Thinking of getting these. Nice understated looks, supposed to have nice sound (good bass response for hip hop heads), a nice thick cord, and foam ear buds for best fit. The only caveat I can see though is that you're apparently supposed to wear them with the wires looped around your ear kind of like monitors. I think I can look past that though...

eyes.gif

poor mom
frown.gif

Yea your right we went to best buy and she was listening to them so we will see I might just tell her not to get them and I'll use my Christmas money to pick the up those Red studios are fire
Not going to lie, Beats are the most aesthetically pleasing headphones out there.
If you are concerned with music quality and listening to your music library "for the first time" I would suggest keeping an eye out for the Logitech Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 on Amazon. They are usually priced at $400 but you should be able to find them for 100.

They have 3 speakers in each earbud, each one is dedicated to the mids, los, and hi's! You start hearing parts of songs you never knew existed.

For headphones check out Audio Technica M50s.

What ever you do, make sure to be careful if you're walking around with big headphones on. Look both ways before you cross streets etc.

Oh and if you get some nice headphones make sure you download the highest quality music you can so you can really use your headphones to their potential.

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

eyes.gif

poor mom
frown.gif

Not going to lie, Beats are the most aesthetically pleasing headphones out there.
If you are concerned with music quality and listening to your music library "for the first time" I would suggest keeping an eye out for the Logitech Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 on Amazon. They are usually priced at $400 but you should be able to find them for 100.

They have 3 speakers in each earbud, each one is dedicated to the mids, los, and hi's! You start hearing parts of songs you never knew existed.

For headphones check out Audio Technica M50s.

What ever you do, make sure to be careful if you're walking around with big headphones on. Look both ways before you cross streets etc.

Oh and if you get some nice headphones make sure you download the highest quality music you can so you can really use your headphones to their potential.

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

Eh, taste is subjective. I don't find any of the beats headphones great looking. Too much gloss IMO. I like my headphones to look like headphones, not a woman's head band.

how are the urban ears, anyone? looking to cop for my brother for xmas, its in the $50 range. apple also sells it on their online store. asked someone at my bookstore's techhub and he said they were well worth it for the price, even has a lot of good reviews on amazon

Just got my Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 Noise Isolating Earphones 
smile.gif

Can't use them till Christmas 
frown.gif

I got them on the Amazon Black Friday sale for $94.95 
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

21kk0m1.jpg

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Just got my Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 Noise Isolating Earphones 
smile.gif

Can't use them till Christmas 
frown.gif

I got them on the Amazon Black Friday sale for $94.95 
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

21kk0m1.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

You will not be disappointed.

Make sure to try and the different earbud tips to find which one is most comfortable for you. Also make sure to clean your ears regularly, especially if you use the foam tips.

The foam tips are the best in my opinion and make it seem as if the music is appearing in the middle of your brain. But seriously, dirty ears+foam tips=
sick.gif

Also make sure to experiment with other genres of music. Once I got these, really energetic and powerful classical pieces sounded unbelievable. I had never been a classical music kind of guy but with these it makes it
pimp.gif
. Also female vocals like some Eva Cassidy.

Listening to these earphones is like eating food when you're high. Everything tastes good.

just putting this out there for everyone:

all these audiophile headphones are worthless if your source is crap.

I'm not telling you to buy a $500 amp and a $2000 player because there's certainly much more cheaper stuff out there, but if you're playing 128kbps on an IPOD then you may have just saved your money by going with the stock IPOD headphones.

I've already caught the bug before with this whole audiophile thing and burned through some disposable income...that's until I developed ringing ears
tired.gif
I eventually sold everything.

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

I'm not telling you to buy a $500 amp and a $2000 player because there's certainly much more cheaper stuff out there, but if you're playing 128kbps on an IPOD then you may have just saved your money by going with the stock IPOD headphones.

I've already caught the bug before with this whole audiophile thing and burned through some disposable income...that's until I developed ringing ears
tired.gif
Tell me more about source.
I assume a computer is not a good alternative to an iPod?

Why were you listening to your music so loud? 

I got some iBeats a while ago, wasn't gonna go all out for the expensive pairs, but I really don't like the iPhone controls on the wire. I use the iBeats striclty for iPod so I don't need the function, all it does is the weigh the damn things down, it's too heavy. Any solution for this?

eyes.gif

poor mom
frown.gif
Act like you were never a kid before and asked your mom or dad to buy you something that was a complete waste 
indifferent.gif

Let him live

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Make sure to try and the different earbud tips to find which one is most comfortable for you. Also make sure to clean your ears regularly, especially if you use the foam tips.

The foam tips are the best in my opinion and make it seem as if the music is appearing in the middle of your brain. But seriously, dirty ears+foam tips=
sick.gif

Also make sure to experiment with other genres of music. Once I got these, really energetic and powerful classical pieces sounded unbelievable. I had never been a classical music kind of guy but with these it makes it
pimp.gif

Listening to these earphones is like eating food when you're high. Everything tastes good.

Wade, are these comfortable/? Do not like the fact that they go over the top of your ear 
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

tired.gif
Tell me more about source.
I assume a computer is not a good alternative to an iPod?

Why were you listening to your music so loud? 

A computer is a GREAT alternative, although I don't see how one is an alternative to another. So long as you have a decent sound card and a nice amp, it's all relative though. Headfi is the NT of audiophiles, there's a LOT to learn. Also, you can't be using 128kbps music either
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

A computer is a GREAT alternative, although I don't see how one is an alternative to another. So long as you have a decent sound card and a nice amp, it's all relative though. Headfi is the NT of audiophiles, there's a LOT to learn. Also, you can't be using 128kbps music either
laugh.gif

320+ or FLAC
pimp.gif
 only now. Using so much harddrive space though
tired.gif

Originally Posted by irie

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

sick.gif

pimp.gif

Wade, are these comfortable/? Do not like the fact that they go over the top of your ear 
eyes.gif

I wear them walking to class and they don't bother me. I have worn them for extended periods of time and I do feel like I need to take them out and let my ears rest after a few hours. The long term comfort issue is related to the fact that when you wear these properly they are IN your ear, not resting outside of your ear. A big plus for these is that because the earbuds physically block outside noise you don't have to listen to your music very loud.
The way they attach to your ears is not the prettiest and you definitely feel kind of funny walking around with them because they protrude a bit.

I don't use the foam tips though because I'm scared I'll get hit by a car or something zoning out. The foam tips are very comfy though.

Originally Posted by irie

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

sick.gif

pimp.gif

eyes.gif

Some people have a hard time getting a good fit with them. Usually too big for their ears.

Originally Posted by AIR J XIII

Sync retail for $399.99, Street for $299.99
never heard of sms audio till now. i did a google search to see if they made any other headphones and found out a brand called kono audio makes the stuff for 50s sms brand. 50 bought kono audio and uses them to make the headphones. kono makes $30 headphones so i doubt the quality will be good on them. i wont be surprised if they used the $30 stuff and made it look fancy to compete withthe beats and marked them up to beats price range.

Back
Top Bottom