****OFFICIAL GUCCI MANE & BRICKSQUAD 1017****

its not april fools. they need to get outta here with that. gucci mane without the mixtape scene is like...fries without the ketchup.

dat piff was def hit. they took off mad tapes. afadsfdafslkj.

i hadn't d/l every tape he had cuz he has so many...

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
this ***%$$ cannot be serious wit that

indifferent.gif
get the *!@* outta here, now a %$#!@ famous so they want to ban him from the mixtape game that made him???
smh.gif

*goes on massive d/l spree*

tryna get everything before they suck the web dry of his music. lol.

Its not Gucci or Bricksquad its mostly the label. They allowed dude to give out free music for a while. They let him drop 3 tapes in one day and he came up with modest sales. Thats why they suppose to be selling this Burrprint HD. They just trying to get what they feel they are owed. I dont agree with it but I get it.

Isn't he supposed to do a mixtape with DJ Holiday when he gets out? (not BP2HD)

unless they plan on charging for it again.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by JPioneer

What the #$!$?

NOTICE: ALL GUCCI MANE MATERIAL IS PROHIBITED FROM USE ON MIXTAPES!

Unfortunately for Gucci Mane, his label Warner Bros. Records has filed copyright infringement claims against Coast 2 Coast Mixtapes, our DJs and most other major Hip Hip and Mixtape websites and blogs. What this means to you as a DJ is that you can no longer put ANY Gucci Mane material on your mixtapes that you upload to our site or Datpiff. Because of the Cease & Desist letter that we received, our website and all our mixtapes can not legally feature Gucci Mane or any of his material on them.

We do not control your club or radio mixes or anything else you do as a DJ and we definitely do not want to tell you what to play and what not to play. However, I would recommend not supporting an artist that's record label does not appreciate the support that us as DJs, websites and bloggers give them. Gucci Mane used DJs, Mixtapes and websites to build his buzz to the point where he is at, now that he is one of the hottest artists in the game they are trying to turn around and +@*@ on the people who got him there.

Warner Bros. has lost all support from us at Coast 2 Coast for Gucci Mane and the rest of their artists. If you would like to continue to support his music on your club and radio mixes, etc that's totally fine and that's your choice as a DJ to do. However, we do need to make sure that there are no more mixtapes featuring Gucci Mane, his image or his music for legal reasons.

Thanks,

Lil Fats

Owner/CEO

Coast 2 Coast Mixtapes

STOP TRIPPIN!

Let me interpret this for yall. THIS IS NOT SAYING GUCCI WILL STOP RELEASING MIXTAPES!.

the ONLY assertive FACTS stated above are that Warner Brothers Records, has filed a copyright infringement claim against Coast 2 Coast Mixtapes, which from the above article presumably owns Datpiff (as far as i know the largest free mixtape distribution site on the web), and that they will no longer post Gucci Mane's material in fear of legal action. Basically WB has said "you can no longer profit for free from Gucci Mane's material."

keep in mind that when you sign to a record label, 99% of the time you give away your rights to any music you produce, i don't know the details of Gucci's contract, but it's safe to presume that WB owns anything he records.

the next two paragraphs push Coast 2 Coast's own greedy agenda, nothing more nothing less. "we can't receive add revenue from the hottest rapper in the streets anymore, $$!% Gucci, $$!% his label." personally I find it disturbing that they want to act as if they played anything more than a MINIMAL part in Gucci's recent surge in popularity. not only did he blow up off his own hard work but Gucci himself has nothing to do with this.

the bottom line, Gucci made it. this means his label views him as a very valuable entity, more so then they have these past few years. basically an A&R at WB said, "Gucci is one of our most profitable foreseeable artist, his material is no longer available for free."

More presumption on my part but look for A LOT more push from the label in anything he puts out, his next album is gonna move more units off tops just because WB will be behind it. the days of 5+ free tapes a year are over, it's a trade off. don't buy into the bull *%%@ above.

Don't act like we didn't know what the post said tho. Like we supposed to read your post and be on some, "oooh ok" type stuff. Nobody here is stupid. What it means is that they want to sell his mixtapes. Nobody is tryna cop his mixtapes which is why ppl (including me) posted what we posted. All the cosigners can get outta here. It means no more gucci tapes on datpiff. It could mean no more gucci tapes on livemixtapes once they (wb) finds out about it.

Don't know about the rest of you but I like being able to d/l guccis mixtape catalog easily. I don't feel like going through torrents or waiting for an RNS type release for a freaking mixtape. Agree to disagree but f all that.

I'm happy guccis label will support him and thinks highly of him but for thr mixtape fans this is a bad thing.

Back
Top Bottom