OFFICIAL Green Bay Packers (6-3) @ Minnesota Vikings (3-6) Game thread 11/21 1:00 EST

101116vikings_dopesheet420.jpg

Rodgers Vs. Favre for the 4th and likely final time.

THE DOPE ON THIS WEEK’S OPPONENT:
Packers vs. Minnesota Vikings:
All-time regular season:
50-47-1
All-time, postseason: 0-1
All-time, in Minnesota: 23-25-0
Streaks: The Vikings have won three of the last four meetings.
Last meeting, regular season: Oct. 24, 2010, at Lambeau Field; Packers won, 28-24
Last meeting, in Minnesota: Oct. 5, 2009; Vikings won, 30-23

LAST MEETING, REGULAR SEASON
  • Oct. 24, 2010, at Lambeau Field; Packers won, 28-24
  • The Packers picked off Vikings QB Brett Favre three times in the second half and held off a late Minnesota rally for the win.
  • Packers LB Desmond Bishop ’s 32-yard return of an INT for a TD in the third quarter gave Green Bay a 28-17 lead, but Favre brought the Vikings back with a TD pass to WR Randy Moss and two drives into Green Bay territory in the fourth quarter.
  • The first ended with an INT by S Nick Collins , and the second ended when heaves to Moss in the end zone on third and fourth downs were overthrown. Just a few snaps before, WR Percy Harvin caught what appeared to be a 35-yard TD pass with under a minute left, but replay review showed Harvin was out of bounds.
  • Favre finished 16-of-29 for 212 yards. Packers QB Aaron Rodgers was 21-of-34 for 295 yards with two INTs and two TDs, to WR Greg Jennings and TE Andrew Quarless . WR James Jones had four receptions for 107 yards.
LAST MEETING, IN MINNESOTA
  • Oct. 5, 2009; Vikings won, 30-23
  • In his first game against his former team, Favre completed 24-of-31 passes for 271 yards with three TDs and no INTs. WRs Bernard Berrian and Sidney Rice, plus TE Visanthe Shiancoe, all caught TD passes while RB Adrian Peterson (22 carries, 55 yards) ran for another.
  • Rodgers threw for a regular-season career-high 384 yards (26-of-37, 2 TDs, 1 INT) but was sacked eight times. Vikings DE Jared Allen had 4 ½ of them, including a safety in the fourth quarter that put Minnesota ahead 30-14.
  • Packers TE Jermichael Finley had six catches for a regular-season high 128 yards, with a career-long 62-yard TD. WR Jordy Nelson added a 33-yard TD in the fourth quarter as the Packers tried to come back, but following Mason Crosby ’s 31-yard FG with 55 seconds left, the Vikings recovered the onside kick.

VIKINGS-
How healthy is the Vikings offense right now?
Sidney Rice returning?  Percy Harvin healthy?
Chilly on the hot seat? Don't know if the players are going to show up for a coach that clearly many if not most of the players do not like...
Held without a sack in week 7 match up.

PACKERS-
Packers allowing the lowest PPG in the NFL thus far.
Intercepted Favre 3 times in first match up.
No longer have to worry about Moss.
McCarthy led teams are 9-3 in Domes.

Team (Rushing Yds. Allowed Per Game)
1. Pittsburgh (80.3)
2. Minnesota (91.8 )
3. Green Bay (94.4)

Team (Rushing TDs Allowed)
1. Green Bay (9)    
2t. Minnesota (11)
2t. Pittsburgh (11)

Team (Opponent Passer Rating)
1. N.Y. Jets (66.4)
2. Green Bay (68.6)
3. New Orleans (70.5)

101116vikings_dopesheet420.jpg

Rodgers Vs. Favre for the 4th and likely final time.

THE DOPE ON THIS WEEK’S OPPONENT:
Packers vs. Minnesota Vikings:
All-time regular season:
50-47-1
All-time, postseason: 0-1
All-time, in Minnesota: 23-25-0
Streaks: The Vikings have won three of the last four meetings.
Last meeting, regular season: Oct. 24, 2010, at Lambeau Field; Packers won, 28-24
Last meeting, in Minnesota: Oct. 5, 2009; Vikings won, 30-23

LAST MEETING, REGULAR SEASON
  • Oct. 24, 2010, at Lambeau Field; Packers won, 28-24
  • The Packers picked off Vikings QB Brett Favre three times in the second half and held off a late Minnesota rally for the win.
  • Packers LB Desmond Bishop ’s 32-yard return of an INT for a TD in the third quarter gave Green Bay a 28-17 lead, but Favre brought the Vikings back with a TD pass to WR Randy Moss and two drives into Green Bay territory in the fourth quarter.
  • The first ended with an INT by S Nick Collins , and the second ended when heaves to Moss in the end zone on third and fourth downs were overthrown. Just a few snaps before, WR Percy Harvin caught what appeared to be a 35-yard TD pass with under a minute left, but replay review showed Harvin was out of bounds.
  • Favre finished 16-of-29 for 212 yards. Packers QB Aaron Rodgers was 21-of-34 for 295 yards with two INTs and two TDs, to WR Greg Jennings and TE Andrew Quarless . WR James Jones had four receptions for 107 yards.
LAST MEETING, IN MINNESOTA
  • Oct. 5, 2009; Vikings won, 30-23
  • In his first game against his former team, Favre completed 24-of-31 passes for 271 yards with three TDs and no INTs. WRs Bernard Berrian and Sidney Rice, plus TE Visanthe Shiancoe, all caught TD passes while RB Adrian Peterson (22 carries, 55 yards) ran for another.
  • Rodgers threw for a regular-season career-high 384 yards (26-of-37, 2 TDs, 1 INT) but was sacked eight times. Vikings DE Jared Allen had 4 ½ of them, including a safety in the fourth quarter that put Minnesota ahead 30-14.
  • Packers TE Jermichael Finley had six catches for a regular-season high 128 yards, with a career-long 62-yard TD. WR Jordy Nelson added a 33-yard TD in the fourth quarter as the Packers tried to come back, but following Mason Crosby ’s 31-yard FG with 55 seconds left, the Vikings recovered the onside kick.

VIKINGS-
How healthy is the Vikings offense right now?
Sidney Rice returning?  Percy Harvin healthy?
Chilly on the hot seat? Don't know if the players are going to show up for a coach that clearly many if not most of the players do not like...
Held without a sack in week 7 match up.

PACKERS-
Packers allowing the lowest PPG in the NFL thus far.
Intercepted Favre 3 times in first match up.
No longer have to worry about Moss.
McCarthy led teams are 9-3 in Domes.

Team (Rushing Yds. Allowed Per Game)
1. Pittsburgh (80.3)
2. Minnesota (91.8 )
3. Green Bay (94.4)

Team (Rushing TDs Allowed)
1. Green Bay (9)    
2t. Minnesota (11)
2t. Pittsburgh (11)

Team (Opponent Passer Rating)
1. N.Y. Jets (66.4)
2. Green Bay (68.6)
3. New Orleans (70.5)

Seeing the records up there really enforces how big this game is, man a game in the NFL is worth almost too much
laugh.gif
...How are the vikes this bad and only 3 games out?

Seeing the records up there really enforces how big this game is, man a game in the NFL is worth almost too much
laugh.gif

obviously that much bigger of a game now that bears won last night

man a game in the NFL is worth almost too much
laugh.gif
isnt this the truth

only 7 games left people...

Rice told ESPN's Ed Werder"I'm going to play. I don't think I can go the whole game but I'm going to play as much as I can."

obviously that much bigger of a game now that bears won last night

man a game in the NFL is worth almost too much
laugh.gif
isnt this the truth

only 7 games left people...

Rice told ESPN's Ed Werder"I'm going to play. I don't think I can go the whole game but I'm going to play as much as I can."

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

With Sidney Rice playing, this game is much more interesting.....

not really imo

ill take a fully healthy tramon playing the best football he's ever played over a NOT 100% Sidney rice seeing his first action this season

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

With Sidney Rice playing, this game is much more interesting.....

not really imo

ill take a fully healthy tramon playing the best football he's ever played over a NOT 100% Sidney rice seeing his first action this season

Originally Posted by GMSboy1

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Team (Interceptions)

1. Green Bay (44)
2. Philadelphia (41)
3. Tennessee (34)

???
Hmmm... I believe you're onto something.
laugh.gif
  I C&P'd that stats section from team website... Ill remove that part, all the rest looks accurate.

Team (Interceptions)

1. Green Bay (44)
2. Philadelphia (41)
3. Tennessee (34)

???
laugh.gif
  I C&P'd that stats section from team website... Ill remove that part, all the rest looks accurate.

No wacky predictions this week. Taking more of an objective stance. I tend to become too much of a homer when it comes to the Vikes.
laugh.gif

Minnesota will give them a good game, but they will not win if they don't pressure Rodgers.

Childress has got to feed Peterson and let's hope Sidney can make an impact at the goal line considering how atrocious the Vikings are inside the 3. That probably extrapolates to the red zone in general, but inside the 5 this team has been anemic.

No wacky predictions this week. Taking more of an objective stance. I tend to become too much of a homer when it comes to the Vikes.
laugh.gif

Minnesota will give them a good game, but they will not win if they don't pressure Rodgers.

Childress has got to feed Peterson and let's hope Sidney can make an impact at the goal line considering how atrocious the Vikings are inside the 3. That probably extrapolates to the red zone in general, but inside the 5 this team has been anemic.

Team (Interceptions)

1. Green Bay (44)
2. Philadelphia (41)
3. Tennessee (34)

???
laugh.gif

sheeet son
roll.gif

Team (Interceptions)

1. Green Bay (44)
2. Philadelphia (41)
3. Tennessee (34)

???
laugh.gif

sheeet son
roll.gif

If the Pack can go 4-3 the rest of the way, that puts them at 10-6, which IMO should give them the division...so I wouldn't get all bent out of shape if they lose to the Vikes tomorrow.  The Bears will eliminate themselves with their difficult remaining schedule which includes Philly, NYJ, New England, and GB.  I don't see them wining any of those and they still have @ Min which is a toss up.

Back
Top Bottom