OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bryan Cogman peaked Jaime's character arc when he dropped this gem. The difference in writing is glaring when someone who deeply cares about the story composes a scene like this with meaningful dialogue that enriches the story, advances character arcs, and emotionally resonates with the audience. Cogman almost broke down in tears when he described writing this episode on the HBO behind the scenes video. Unfortunately, D&D butchered Jaime to shreds once they resumed the writing in episode 3.

Guess who wrote this masterpiece? Bryan Cogman.

Last edited:
Bryan Cogman peaked Jaime's character arc when he dropped this gem. The difference in writing is glaring when someone who deeply cares about the story composes a scene like this with meaningful dialogue that enriches the story, advances character arcs, and emotionally resonates with the audience. Cogman almost broke down in tears when he described writing this episode on the HBO behind the scenes video. Unfortunately, D&D butchered Jaime to shreds once they resumed the writing after episode 3.

That really should have been the height of their relationship.. having tyrion be a **** felt wrong on top of making their relationship sexual

I mean if she wanted it, then sure.. like what happened with arya felt right, although the scene went long

Episode 2 was by far the best episode of season 8. It actually had proper pacing, meaningful character dialogue, and made the audience feel that this was the final time we were ever going to see these people alive. The stakes felt REAL high as that episode ended. Not to mention the nod to the books with Jenny's song.

And it's not surprising because it's the only episode written by Bryan Cogman, the only writer left that genuinely gives a **** about the show.

Ep 2 was excellent..until you got to Ep 3 and you realized that nobody in that ******* room died. Like how is that possible :lol:

Going to ridiculous lengths to subvert the audience. It all feels cheap

Ep 2 was excellent..until you got to Ep 3 and you realized that nobody in that ****ing room died. Like how is that possible :lol:

Going to ridiculous lengths to subvert the audience. It all feels cheap

db-weiss-david-benioff.jpg

I really think it’s possible Disney pulls the plug on those clowns. The backlash is undeniable. If those spoilers are true the internet is going to literally break

Bryan Cogman peaked Jaime's character arc when he dropped this gem. The difference in writing is glaring when someone who deeply cares about the story composes a scene like this with meaningful dialogue that enriches the story, advances character arcs, and emotionally resonates with the audience. Cogman almost broke down in tears when he described writing this episode on the HBO behind the scenes video. Unfortunately, D&D butchered Jaime to shreds once they resumed the writing in episode 3.

Guess who wrote this masterpiece? Bryan Cogman.

That monologue is almost word for word lifted from the books

One of my favorite scenes though :pimp:

I’m gonna place blame e on Jon for the second Dragon death, a little guidance was needed. Let’s hope he makes up for it by showing up tonight. Please don’t make him kill Bran

This is such bull ****.

I don't care that it ends. I care that they are putting out GARBAGE. From one ep to the next means ****ing NOTHING.

S7 all about the war vs the dead. Travel for ONE dead soldier to prove they exist. Gain ONE SINGLE SOLDIER. Win the war anyways. Irrelevant S7 now. (Not to mention run, send bird, fly all the way back bs)

S7 about this war, war lasts one ep. One.

Mighty Night King. 8 seasons of dead hype, he kills ONE soldier. Theon. The 57th most important character.

Ep 2 "we're all gonna die tonight, but we'll die together". Zero die.

Ep 4, dozen ships, machine gun Scorpions, ep 5, hundreds of ships, TWO ****ING SCORPIONS!!!!!!!??!?!!!!!!!!!??????!!!!?!!!

Ep 3, Dothraki army obliterated. Blown out like a candle. 5 seconds. Lite work. 4-5 stagger back with Jorah.

Ep 5 HUNDREDS of Dotraki rush the gate.

Unsullied get killed vs Harpy, BUM RUSHED by the dead, slaughtered by the scorpions, got 50 of them at the gate ep 4, ep 6 THOUSANDS in attendance.

7-7 dragon takes down thousand year old wall. With ease.
8-5 King's Landing Castle is OBLITERATED. Exploding walls & ****. Just dusting them walls.
8-3 Jon is hiding behind 6 rocks vs dragon. :stoneface:

Brianne's arc close.
Jamie's arc close.
Tormund's arc close.
Bronn's arc close.
Bran's arc close.
Night King's arc close.
Ghosts arc close.
Sam's arc close.
Dario's arc close.

WTF??????

All those scorpions placed on the castle walls. Fired one single scorpion, obliterated.

MULTIPLE Giants with the dead army 7-7, ONE single Giant 8-3.

ZERO kills by a single White Walker 8-3.

20,000 Golden Army soldiers, ZERO kills.

Go **** yourselves "we just don't want it to end". **** You. This is Dexter level closing of a series.

Hell yes I want it to end, they are ruining this show.
I don't mean to ***** about it. I wanted a solid close, I expected greatness. 6 eps, ok leggo.

Ep 1, setup. Ok, I get it.

Ep 2, setup. Ok, wtf? But whatever, I'm HYPE for Ep 3.

Ep 3, I can't see ****. Arya from Steph Curry range, single shot, oh wait, they didn't tell us that was the only place he could be stabbed. How?

Ep 4, another setup ep. Uhhhhhh
Dany "FORGOT" about Euron's Navy.......IT WAS BROUGHT UP THE PREVIOUS ****ING SCENE you stupid *** writers.

Ep 5, another war, over in 5 minutes, let's burn Innocents for a half hour tho. :stoneface:

I mean.......they are insulting us. Stop covering for bad content. Stop wasting episodes with filler. (Dragons aren't eating......let's go fly for........what, purpose?)

It took 2 eps to get from the wall to Winterfell, but the entire Dany army went King's Landing to Winterfell FIRST?!?!?!?!?;?!? What the **** are we doing?

We "stranded" the Unsullied at Casterly Rock. They still made it exactly where needed no prob.

S7 Bend the Knee 52 times
S8 if you fail me again, it will be the last, 10 and counting. Jesus Christ.
When I see it laid out like this and I think of the fan vids and memes basically saying D&D decided to piss off fans, wanted to subvert out intelligence with **** writing I'm beginning to think thats exactly what they intended to do.

There's no way D&D doesn't know this isnt good.

I really think it’s possible Disney pulls the plug on those clowns. The backlash is undeniable. If those spoilers are true the internet is going to literally break
I'm eagerly awaiting the D&D have parted ways with their Star Wars movie project due to creative differences announcement.
I’m gonna place blame e on Jon for the second Dragon death, a little guidance was needed. Let’s hope he makes up for it by showing up tonight. Please don’t make him kill Bran
Jon wasnt riding Rhaegal when he got Ricky'd.

Should've been though. Did absolutely nothing on the ground other than kill one northern rapist.

Last edited:
I think the D&D dudes went bonkers trying to be unpredictable and ending up just messed up the ending.

I would have preferred it to be predictable than this BS we got.

I still can't for the life of me wonder why they just didn't have Jon and Dany marry.

And the whole Sansa beef with Dany feels so forced and manufactured.

I haven't read the spoilers but if it's any indication of this season and people saying it's bad I'm expecting the worst :smh:

I just know that Bleach Sansa will come out on top of all of this or off a technicality or something.

They never mentioned Jon and Dany's baby though that was speculated before the season began.

Preparing for the worst... but hoping for the best.

Two things I waited to see for many years: a dance of dragons and the Dothraki in an open field.

The music, the cinematography, the visual effects, the god damn horses etc. This is one of the most iconic shots in television and film history. I remember getting chills watching it for the first time.

tumblr_owbrulaX7W1wwqrf7o1_500.gif

I def ran the scene back a few times like a nerd to when they first hear the rumbling of the hooves and see the horses coming over the hill

I think the D&D dudes went bonkers trying to be unpredictable and ending up just messed up the ending.

I would have preferred it to be predictable than this BS we got.

That’s what GRRM said and why this happened to Star Wars and is happening to GOT now.

You have to tell your story and plant clues and hints along the way but just because people can figure it out, it doesn’t mean you just go left to be shocking. That means you just wasted everything you’ve been building towards and have to start ret-conning and it just wont make sense.

I'm eagerly awaiting the D&D have l
Parted ways with their Star Wars movie project due to creative differences.

Jon wasnt riding Rhaegal when he got Ricky'd.

Should've been though. Did absolutely nothing on the ground other than kill one northern rapist.
Yea, that dragon obviously did not understand the threat. Him and Dany could’ve drawn up a better play, maybe Sam share some strategy from past riders idk.

That’s what GRRM said and why this happened to Star Wars and is happening to GOT now.

You have to tell your story and plant clues and hints along the way but just because people can figure it out, it doesn’t mean you just go left to be shocking. That means you just wasted everything you’ve been building towards and have to start ret-conning and it just wont make sense.

They’re not trying to be shocking and surprising. They’re just trying to wrap things up overly quickly so they can get on to the game of thrones sequels and their other projects. They’re not doing this to give you an unpredictable story :lol: if that was the case they wouldn’t have copy pasted the first 4 seasons. They just don’t care about building any more, they want to end it.

They’re reverse engineering that end. For example, if they KNOW they want Dany dead at the end and [insert character] on the throne, then they have to justify Dany being killed. But they also know there’s no universe that the night king and Cersei lose without Dany, so they need her there until the end but somehow still not winning it all.

The end result is either this or, alternatively, a story where Dany goes “oh **** there’s another Targ? Aight cool, I accomplished my main goals anyway, the throne is yours.” They chose the former.

They’re not trying to be shocking and surprising. They’re just trying to wrap things up overly quickly so they can get on to the game of thrones sequels and their other projects. They’re not doing this to give you an unpredictable story :lol: if that was the case they wouldn’t have copy pasted the first 4 seasons. They just don’t care about building any more, they want to end it.

They’re reverse engineering that end. For example, if they KNOW they want Dany dead at the end and [insert character] on the throne, then they have to justify Dany being killed. But they also know there’s no universe that the night king and Cersei lose without Dany, so they need her there until the end but somehow still not winning it all.

The end result is either this or, alternatively, a story where Dany goes “oh **** there’s another Targ? Aight cool, I accomplished my main goals anyway, the throne is yours.” They chose the former.

They said it themselves they wanted to surprise everyone and not do what anyone was expecting on the behind the scenes of episode 3.

"Jon has already did enough heroic things and having Arya deal the final blow is interesting and no one would expect it, we knew about a few years now that Arya was the one that would be the one to deal the final blow to the Knight King.

HBO was in no rush to end the show either so rushing this series to push out the spinoff is a non factor. The spinoff could have waited and HBO wanted 10 seasons with 10 episodes each.

I also agree that they rushed to go get the bag with Disney and Star Wars.

They’re not trying to be shocking and surprising. They’re just trying to wrap things up overly quickly so they can get on to the game of thrones sequels and their other projects.
They're not doing any GoT prequels or sequels luckily.

They're rushing cuz they don't give a **** and probably are looking forward to outdo Rian Johnson with their Star Wars movies.

They said it themselves they wanted to surprise everyone and not do what anyone was expecting on the behind the scenes of episode 3.

"Jon has already did enough heroic things and having Arya deal the final blow is interesting and no one would expect it, we knew about a few years now that Arya was the one that would be the one to deal the final blow to the Knight King.

HBO was in no rush to end the show either so rushing this series to push out the spinoff is a non factor. The spinoff could have waited and HBO wanted 10 seasons with 10 episodes each.

I also agree that they rushed to go get the bag with Disney and Star Wars.

They say a lot of ******** on the behind the scenes to justify the ******** on screen. Doesn’t mean it’s true :lol:

For example: “Dany forgot about the iron fleet.” No she didn’t because they shot a scene in the same episode, the scene right before Rhaegal dies, where Dany and her people move the iron fleet onto the map right where she flew over.

I knew they were doing Star Wars and other projects, thought they were producing the spinoff too though.

And yes I know hbo wanted to stretch the original al series and they refused. Cuz they secured the bag already.

Y’all have discussed the literal Iron Throne being desecrated because of the Red Keep crumbling ya? So no one technically should “sit” on any throne this last episode

Back
Top Bottom