OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m waiting for the final 2 episodes to make my final judgement in the season/series overall.

I thought last episode was great, minus the Ghost stuff. The ghost stuff made absolutely no sense, but I thought everything else made sense and had it’s dramatic weight to it still

Reactions: Ube
If we're talking about shows that started & still ended hot, The Leftovers is definitely up there. I wanna say Boardwalk Empire also, but you can argue the finish felt rushed.

I’m waiting for the final 2 episodes to make my final judgement in the season/series overall.

I thought last episode was great, minus the Ghost stuff. The ghost stuff made absolutely no sense, but I thought everything else made sense and had it’s dramatic weight to it still

Okay this is some wacky excuse :lol: https://www.cnet.com/news/game-of-thrones-director-explains-why-jon-snow-didnt-pat-ghost/

Jon hugs Tormund goodbye. He hugs Samwell Tarly goodbye. Did Ghost get a hug? No. Jon just briefly gives him a solemn look before leaving. Just to recap, that dog has been Jon's sidekick since season 1, and has stood by him through life and death. So fans were understandably confused and, frankly, riotous. But the episode's director, David Nutter, has his reasons.

"Since the direwolves are kind of CG creations, we felt it best to keep it as simple as possible," Nutter told the Huffington Post. When the New York Times asked Nutter if it was a "CGI issue" that restricted the pat we all wanted to see, Nutter responded, "Very much so."

Having never tried to tame a wolf, film it, enlarge it in post-production and render it onscreen, I personally will reserve judgment. But many fans of the show didn't find Nutter's explanation sufficient.

The ONLY thing that stayed true to character was Varys. The last episode was terrible, and made you feel like you’ve wasted all the time watching previous seasons because the characters were so different from what we’ve seen over the last 7 seasons.

Shouts to Tyrion but he's got to die. Kinslayers are cursed. When he was pleading to Cersei in the last episode, I wanted to vomit. I was hoping she would light him up right then and there tbh. Tyrion went from being a pimp to a **** thanks to D&D.

I will say though, it makes me look at them and their ability to tell a compelling story much different when I gave them 50% of the credit for the show being so good. Now it seems like they only deserved about 25%.
Benioff co-wrote X-Men Origins: Wolverine which gave us the infamous mouthless Deadpool.

That's all I needed to know about his writing/storytelling ability :smh:

heard spoilers are out with the ending of last episode PLEASE dont write that **** in here not even covered in SPOILER alert

Reactions: Ube
Great article. This show is washed. I know people will clown saying we are nerds just complaining, or whatever, but they had almost 2 years to get this right. This season is a dumpster fire, and they people in charge are at best just making up excuses, and at worst, thinking the audience is just dumb.
https://www.theringer.com/game-of-t...rones-season-8-euron-greyjoy-rhaegal-scorpion

"How did Euron accomplish such an incredible feat? It wound up being stunningly simple: First, he snuck up on Daenerys’s fleet undetected. Then, he sent out three scorpion shots in rapid succession with pinpoint accuracy despite firing from a moving ship. And finally, his scorpion bolts proved incredibly effective, cutting through Rhaegal like dragonflame cut through the Wall. And of course, Thrones’ evil Jack Sparrow had a big smirk on his face the entire time:"

Dragons.png

Benioff co-wrote X-Men Origins: Wolverine which gave us the infamous mouthless Deadpool.

That's all I needed to know about his writing/storytelling ability :smh:
Well I was thinking it would be cool to see Jon and Arya fighting back to back like Wolverine and Sabretooth in Origins (obviously without one of the characters actually saying it). Didn’t know we actually have a chance.

I think we're definitely getting some fan favorites killed in the next two weeks Arya and Jaime being number 1 and 2, they're on suicide missions

Varys' treason wheels spinning gonna get him killed or Tyrion I don't see how both make it out of this conundrum unless Dany dies first

After all this I really think Sansa is the betting favorite to be sitting on the throne by the end as a Littlefinger/Cersei hybrid minus the violence.

That was my take before the season started and as it progresses I see it more clearly, I think If the show is ultimately about the throne and who ends up on it, it has to be a Stark, that family has taken L after L from day 1 and Sansa is the only one still alive that seems to want to rule, Arya, Jon or Bran want no parts of it and I think Arya and Jon both die, Bran and Sansa live on.

sansa being ruler would be the worst. she’d run westeros into the ground and night king would be laughing in white walker heaven.

What if Tyrion is gaming Varys? What is Sansa isn’t riding for Jon and she’s using that info to divide and conquer?

The ONLY thing that stayed true to character was Varys. The last episode was terrible, and made you feel like you’ve wasted all the time watching previous seasons because the characters were so different from what we’ve seen over the last 7 seasons.
I hear you but it’s debateable.

Jon - already accounted for but stayed true to character outside of the Ghost thing. But I’m under the impression it’s a metaphor for him forgettin who he is after finding out who he really is.
Dany - she’s been battling her inner mad king for seasons now and I think we’ve reached the boiling point now. You could argue the begging is out of character for her, which doesn’t seem far fetched if they’re really in love. I will say their love doesn’t come off as genuine on screen.
Arya - she’s been a real one since day one and the call backs to season 1 were obvious.
Sansa - I think she’s playing the game in a legit way. She planted the idea to Tyrion on purpose, knowing damn well something may come out of it. You can totally see the inspiration from little finger and cersci.
Cersci- still cut throat and looking out for her best interest.
Jaime - always been battling who he wants to be vs who he really is.
Tyrion - this one I will absolutely give you. This dude been ****in up for like 2 seasons straight and is completely out of character and horribly written, which is disappointing because he’s my favorite of the main bunch.

Great article. This show is washed. I know people will clown saying we are nerds just complaining, or whatever, but they had almost 2 years to get this right. This season is a dumpster fire, and they people in charge are at best just making up excuses, and at worst, thinking the audience is just dumb.
https://www.theringer.com/game-of-t...rones-season-8-euron-greyjoy-rhaegal-scorpion

"How did Euron accomplish such an incredible feat? It wound up being stunningly simple: First, he snuck up on Daenerys’s fleet undetected. Then, he sent out three scorpion shots in rapid succession with pinpoint accuracy despite firing from a moving ship. And finally, his scorpion bolts proved incredibly effective, cutting through Rhaegal like dragonflame cut through the Wall. And of course, Thrones’ evil Jack Sparrow had a big smirk on his face the entire time:"

Dragons.png

If you look at the scene, Eurons ship isn't the only one with a gigantic crossbow. One of the other ships could have hit the dragon

It sucks George hasn’t finished the books but on the other hand can you imagine trying to avoid spoilers if he had?

Back
Top Bottom