OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
khaleesi :pimp: :pimp:

why they gotta wait for the last 10 minutes tho :frown:

Always wondered if it has to do with budgeting issues. Like, her scenes tend to always be large, colorful, etc.. maybe we don't see as much of her and instead in spurts because of expenses?

I could just be talking out of my *** with that though :lol: .

The sets where she shoots definitely look expensive and also needs cgi done. Her screen time will also balance out. I expect her next appearance to take up 15-20 minutes of the episode.

Last edited:
The Pod scene was great.

Any scene with Oberyn is guaranteed to be awesome. His conversation with Tywin was incredible and Tywin is always planning and thinking. Plus I loved Tywin's "What makes a good king?" conversation with Tommen.

I loved his exchanges with Olenna Tyrell but this new one with Prince Oberyn is promising.

I wonder what they are plotting, their last discussion showed that they have very different intentions of how this trial will play out.

Tywin was great in this episode. Dude basically telling everyone that Joffery was a bad king in front of his grieving mother. Dude really hates his family. They all disappoint him.

Khaleesi angle been wack after she got the unsullied. Since her mans and child got offed theres no real interest in her storyline right now for me. They are building her up the "Ruling justly 101" handbook though. Maybe by next season she'll finally be ready to invade or some....ion wanna see her until then forreals. 

I feel like with Littlefinger either a) Sansa just jumped from the boiling pot into the fire or b) she's finally gonna learn high class manipulation from Littlefinger and become a better version of Cersie.

Jaimie been a scumbag. I remember how they tried to make the audience feel bad for him when they took his hand and saved ol girl. I still didn't forgive that dude for pushing stark boy without a second thought. I laughed when he hit Cersei with the webbie gimmie that. #savagelife 
laugh.gif

My mans Pod tho. 
ohwell.gif

The only part of the episode I didn't care about was the Sam/Gilly aspect. Sure he makes a good point that she won't be safe at Castle Black but then he brings her to a whorehouse? Like she'll be more safe there? That didn't make sense to me and kind of got annoying since that time could have been spent elsewhere with different characters.

I remember reading they would go away from the book a lot this season. I figured that meant they would just expand on some stories they don't give a lot of detail for in the books. For the book readers, has this proven true so far? I've seen a few things mentioned that happened differently from the book.

Yes they are veering away from the book in some aspects. Just slight ones so far though. I'll put a couple from this past episode in a spoiler. It doesn't spoil anything yet to happen though....

In the books, Jamie isn't even at the wedding when Joffrey dies. Jamie doesn't "rape" Cersei either.

Daario isn't the one who fights that champion. It was a dope character named Strong Belwas. He was a eunuch pit fighter who originally would have showed up with Ser Barristan. It has already been confirmed that he has been cut from the show.

Also, I was surprised about Tywin mentioning Daeny, the dragons, and the wildlings approaching the wall lastnight cause in the books, no one seemed to know at that time. It was all considered "hearsay and rumors" but nothing concrete.

And here comes the complaining of how the show and book are different and it's wack bc of it.

No movie and book ever a match except Godfather.

It's only whack if the changes suck. If it's an improvement then we give props. People understand now that when something is transferred to a different medium stuff will be different.

And here comes the complaining of how the show and book are different and it's wack bc of it.

People don't understand, that often what happens in books doesn't give enough shock value or doesn't make for as good visuals.

Script writers are always going to change what authors wrote, to fit in more with the visual theme/shock value/narrative of a show.

If you want the book, then read the book and be content.

If you want a televised experience, enjoy their interpretation.

Last edited:
Khaleesi angle been wack after she got the unsullied. Since her mans and child got offed theres no real interest in her storyline right now for me. They are building her up the "Ruling justly 101" handbook though. Maybe by next season she'll finally be ready to invade or some....ion wanna see her until then forreals. 

I feel like with Littlefinger either a) Sansa just jumped from the boiling pot into the fire or b) she's finally gonna learn high class manipulation from Littlefinger and become a better version of Cersie.

Jaimie been a scumbag. I remember how they tried to make the audience feel bad for him when they took his hand and saved ol girl. I still didn't forgive that dude for pushing stark boy without a second thought. I laughed when he hit Cersei with the webbie gimmie that. #savagelife :lol:
View media item 929900

My mans Pod tho. :\

Yeah I remember I think season 2 the Khaleesi scenes were my favorite, now they can cut a few or just move her story forward a bit faster.

Always wondered if it has to do with budgeting issues. Like, her scenes tend to always be large, colorful, etc.. maybe we don't see as much of her and instead in spurts because of expenses?

I could just be talking out of my *** with that though :lol: .

Seems like a pretty solid theory though. Whenever she's involved, there's usually tons of extras and big, elaborate sets. Sure can't be cheap to film those scenes.

And by the way, the more I think about the Jamie-Cersei scene last night, the more it occurs to me how many levels of wrong were involved. Like, off the charts, just wrong.

Some things were translated well with the TV series.  

One example is Daenerys knowing high valarian the whole time while talking to dude in Astapor.  We were in the same boat as the slave master in the TV series, finding out late.  In the book, she narrates that she knows what master was saying, but had other problems like not reacting to what he says in Valarian and waiting for the "translation" from the chick.

Jaimie been a scumbag. I remember how they tried to make the audience feel bad for him when they took his hand and saved ol girl. I still didn't forgive that dude for pushing stark boy without a second thought. I laughed when he hit Cersei with the webbie gimmie that. #savagelife :lol:
View media item 929900

My mans Pod tho. :\

Exactly how I feel about this whole episode :lol:

I think Littlefinger is very manipulative, but not necessarily all evil - definitely hard to read.

Daenarys coming in like George Dubya Bush - Be freed or die with your masters :lol:

Never liked Jamie Lannister ever since he pushed Bran out of the window. Him taking Cersei with their dead son next to them was all sorts of awkwardness :x :lol:

Who said it was wack though? I've read the books and I think the show is doing a great job.

My only complaint was the fact of them leaving out Strong Belwas. Everything else has been cool.

Btw, dude who plays Littlefinger has an Irish accent in real life. I didn't know that until I watched the show Love/Hate...

Jaime's all ****** up in the head by Cersei, the only women he's ever been with.  Everything he's ever done (so far) was for Cersei.  He doesnt even want his claim to Casterly Rock so he can stay in Kings Landing with her.

New daario is really weird just because they switched actors on us.

Thumbs down for that Jaime cersei scene.

Khaleesi makes me feel all types of ways when she making demands in valyrian looking all confident and ****.

Hound doing hound things. Hate that he had to do it, but he was being real.

Tywin is so calculated. Basically sacrificing the mountain to get oberyn on his side. Really interested how tyrions trial will go.

Back
Top Bottom