OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
so this whole universe came out of GRRM's mind???

all these characters and their backstories??

man I remember when I watched the first season live and would have to google characters names after every episode :lol:

Those that haven't given the series a second watch should definitely do it.

It's like a brand new show once you know characters and the houses they belong to.

Pretty incredible, isn't it. I always marvel at writers who do that kind of world building. Like I have that same kind of respect from JK Rowling. Sure, they do research and draw on historical and other fictional sources, but come up with an incredible amount of **** on their own. Like, I could never come close to doing anything like that. My brain just doesn't work that way. But I surely do appreciate it.

man I remember when I watched the first season live and would have to google characters names after every episode
laugh.gif

It's like a brand new show once you know characters and the houses they belong to.
This is how I felt after I went back and started the series from Season one. 

THIS. My girlfriend and I binge watched seasons 1-5 before season 6 started and it is so much easier to follow than the first viewing. I was so confused my first time around with all the names and houses and places.

Also, with all the chamber maids in Lyannas room, why would Jon being her son be such a secret? Wouldn't word get out eventually? Like, Ned didn't tell his own WIFE, when there were plenty of people that had to of known. Just seems like a huge reach that dude wouldn't tell his own wife.
Ned and Cat weren't originally suppose to be married, Cat was suppose to marry Ned's older brother Brandon but he died at KL with their dad. 

Ned honorably married Cat afterwards to fulfill his fallen brothers duty, but i doubt they "loved" eachother at first meeting, he wouldn't have risked Lyanna's secret with a woman he just met.

Also, with all the chamber maids in Lyannas room, why would Jon being her son be such a secret? Wouldn't word get out eventually? Like, Ned didn't tell his own WIFE, when there were plenty of people that had to of known. Just seems like a huge reach that dude wouldn't tell his own wife.
Ned and Cat weren't originally suppose to be married, Cat was suppose to marry Ned's older brother Brandon but he died at KL with their dad. 

Ned honorably married Cat afterwards to fulfill his fallen brothers duty, but i doubt they "loved" eachother at first meeting, he wouldn't have risked Lyanna's secret with a woman he just met.
Ned marrying Cat also secured the Tully army for Robert's Rebellion.

Does Brienne ever tell Sansa or Jon what Hot Pie said about Arya being alive?

S6E2 - Brienne tells Sansa about area+hound in the first 40 seconds
thanks. so many details I've forgotten already, even from this season.

Yea, same here.

About to start watching the show from the beginning.

I started season 1 again for at least the 5th time this week. We some fiends man. [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Even still before this week I never noticed how in season 1 episode 1, the very first time the Hound is introduced on screen, the camera zooms in on him, then immediately shifts to Arya, then right back to The Hound as he takes off his helmet.

Those two ain't done yet. :lol:

Last edited:

Pretty incredible, isn't it. I always marvel at writers who do that kind of world building. Like I have that same kind of respect from JK Rowling. Sure, they do research and draw on historical and other fictional sources, but come up with an incredible amount of **** on their own. Like, I could never come close to doing anything like that. My brain just doesn't work that way. But I surely do appreciate it.

If you guys have the time, I encourage you to read the books. It's incredible the amount of detail That went into building the world. There are so many characters (a lot of which aren't even mentioned on the show), and all of those characters have so much history that you would never know about otherwise. Also check out "The World of Ice & Fire" which is literally just the history of Westeros and Essos

If you guys have the time, I encourage you to read the books. It's incredible the amount of detail That went into building the world. There are so many characters (a lot of which aren't even mentioned on the show), and all of those characters have so much history that you would never know about otherwise. Also check out "The World of Ice & Fire" which is literally just the history of Westeros and Essos

The World of Ice & Fire is cool. Its an in-world written book. Written by a maester given to Tommen. (Was for Joffery but you know...)

Last edited:
Ned became The Warden of L's but him and Robert gave the Targ forces that work and brought in peace for over a decade.

man I remember when I watched the first season live and would have to google characters names after every episode :lol:

War of the roses and the accursed kings inspired.

ned was a good guy but such a weak player of the game.
yes and no. he is the guiding force behind sansa, arya, bran and jon, who are all poised to become masters of the game in their own ways. part of their success is due to the way ned raised them and how he lived his life.

he should've been more aware of people double crossing him, although i feel he trusted littlefinger because of catelyn. if anything she was his biggest mistake.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom