OFFICIAL: GAME 5 NBA FINALS LAKERS VS. CELTICS 6.13.10 8PM ET ABC

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

--Like I said. People still gotta learn how I roll around here.
--I pulled out all the stops with that post. Will it work? Maybe.
Is it wrong that a "Lakers hater" like me just laughs at your posts and some Lakers fans get all mad and demand your fan card?

Fair weather these days.
--I dont have to prove my loyalty to anyone on here. Whoever knows me, knows me. Thats it.
--Happy to entertain you homes.

listen...darth is one of the legit Laker fans out here

dont confuse his negativity with fairweather

his pessimism is his optimism

The slight jab at the end about fair weather is not even on Darth. I know how dude operates. I just laugh because some how some Lakers fans get all mad about it. I tried telling folks in the other game threads that Darth is like that, but some Lakers fans still don't understand. Then we got two Lakers fans (one of them been writing essay long responses lately) telling me that I can't post in these threads because my team isn't in the Finals. Too bad it seems like I know what is going on more often than Lakers fans that pop up and demand Darth give his fan card back. SMH.    

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Nate was a damn afterthought until Rondo got hurt vs. the Magic....now he's an asset? 
Not to Doc when earlier in the playoffs he said Nate Robinson would win them a playoff game. If you wanna downplay his skill and talent go ahead, but Nate could easily be a solid 6th man for the Celts.
I'm not buying how people are saying the C's have a better bench because of Nate Robinson....The Celtics have a bunch of veterans and guys who play hungry who can come off the bench in just about any situation.  Nate is thriving right now because he's changed his game to fit what the Celtics want out of him.
Nate been doing the same *+*+ he been doing in NY with less playing time. Driving to the hole and shooting ill advised 3s that go in. That's his game. Only time he pass is cuz he just trying to get open so they can pass it back to him. He'll hit the open guy once a game depending on playing time. Furthermore, Nate does make the Celts bench better. If you admit he's thriving cuz he's doing what they want how could he not be an asset? That don't even make sense. Why you acting like they got anybody else that could give Rondo a rest when he plays 3 quarters straight with no breaks? The Lakers aint got nobody on their bench on his level, what burst of energy they got? Not to mention aint nobody on that team could guard him without ignoring Ray or Paul.

How are you even going to suggest that Nate is doing the same +*+$, when you have guys on the C's saying that the trade was more than beneficial for Robinson?  1/2 the +*+$ he pulled in NY wouldn't fly in NY because you know KG, Pierce, and Ray would be all over his #!!.  He makes the Celtics bench better because we all know he can drop 20 in a blink of an eye.  However, to say he is an important asset to their bench is a bit premature because he hadn't proved his worth until Rondo went down. 

And I'm sorry....but if you've got guys with playoff and FINALS experience, you've got an edge over Nate Robinson.  Talent-wise (on the bench), it's about a push.  When the skill is equal, it's the other intanigbles and the "want" that will give a team an advantage. 

Who on the bench are you even talking about? Can they do the things Nate can do? You're just contradicting yourself. You acknowledge Nate can drop 20 but he aint an asset. 20 pts off the bench isn't an asset. He makes the bench better but he isn't an asset Okay. I never said Nate had an edge over any other player with experience especially the starters. Who else on the bench has an edge on Nate? Tony Allen? Brian Scalibrine? Talent wise it aint no %%%!#$@ push. The Celts don't even have anyone good to back up Rondo at the pg position.

And again Nate Robinson with 20 min of play, who on the Lakers is stopping him? Especially if Paul and/or Ray are on the floor. A player off the bench that can drop 20 that none of the Lakers bench players can guard isn't an asset?

roll.gif

--What did I start? The internet is really serious business eh guys?
--I'm an OG. Despite my post count, even more OG than KB8SanDiego. Ask him.
wink.gif

Nate was a damn afterthought until Rondo got hurt vs. the Magic....now he's an asset? 
Not to Doc when earlier in the playoffs he said Nate Robinson would win them a playoff game. If you wanna downplay his skill and talent go ahead, but Nate could easily be a solid 6th man for the Celts.
I'm not buying how people are saying the C's have a better bench because of Nate Robinson....The Celtics have a bunch of veterans and guys who play hungry who can come off the bench in just about any situation.  Nate is thriving right now because he's changed his game to fit what the Celtics want out of him.
Nate been doing the same *+*+ he been doing in NY with less playing time. Driving to the hole and shooting ill advised 3s that go in. That's his game. Only time he pass is cuz he just trying to get open so they can pass it back to him. He'll hit the open guy once a game depending on playing time. Furthermore, Nate does make the Celts bench better. If you admit he's thriving cuz he's doing what they want how could he not be an asset? That don't even make sense. Why you acting like they got anybody else that could give Rondo a rest when he plays 3 quarters straight with no breaks? The Lakers aint got nobody on their bench on his level, what burst of energy they got? Not to mention aint nobody on that team could guard him without ignoring Ray or Paul.

How are you even going to suggest that Nate is doing the same +*+$, when you have guys on the C's saying that the trade was more than beneficial for Robinson?  1/2 the +*+$ he pulled in NY wouldn't fly in NY because you know KG, Pierce, and Ray would be all over his #!!.  He makes the Celtics bench better because we all know he can drop 20 in a blink of an eye.  However, to say he is an important asset to their bench is a bit premature because he hadn't proved his worth until Rondo went down. 

And I'm sorry....but if you've got guys with playoff and FINALS experience, you've got an edge over Nate Robinson.  Talent-wise (on the bench), it's about a push.  When the skill is equal, it's the other intanigbles and the "want" that will give a team an advantage. 
Who on the bench are you even talking about? Can they do the things Nate can do? You're just contradicting yourself. You acknowledge Nate can drop 20 but he aint an asset. 20 pts off the bench isn't an asset. He makes the bench better but he isn't an asset Okay. I never said Nate had an edge over any other player with experience especially the starters. Who else on the bench has an edge on Nate? Tony Allen? Brian Scalibrine? Talent wise it aint no %%%!#$@ push. The Celts don't even have anyone good to back up Rondo at the pg position.

And again Nate Robinson with 20 min of play, who on the Lakers is stopping him? Especially if Paul and/or Ray are on the floor. A player off the bench that can drop 20 that none of the Lakers bench players can guard isn't an asset?

If it were as simple as you are making it seem, Nate would have been getting PLENTY of burn before the Magic series.  Do you know how many people were actually MISSING Eddie House when the trade was made?  Because he can drop 20 in an instant, he makes a bench better?  Like I said before, if it was that simple Nate would have been getting burn from the minute his plane landed in Boston from NY.  There's more to being a role/bench player than being an inconsistent chucker....Nate has (seemingly) found his niche and rolled with it. 

Originally Posted by MaxElite

Why do people say Doc is outcoaching Phil? Doc simply has better options to work with.

Imagine yourself looking down your bench and having to pick between Farmar, Vujacic, Brown, Walton, or an injured Bynum
laugh.gif

I expect Kobe and Gasol to get to the FT line about 10 times each in Game 6. And I expect about 3 Celtics to be riddled with foul trouble.

No, Doc IS outcoaching Phil.....He's making the right adjustments, and at times, there is no counter from Phil.  I didn't hear hardly any complaints about the Lakers bench when they were storming into the finals.  
See, that's what is funny to me. After the Cavs were eliminated and people were saying the Cavs had a weak bench, I recall a bunch of Laker fans screaming about "that's not an excuse! the cavs were winning all year with that same bench and now you guys want to dismiss them. get outta here!".
Yet, now that the shoe is on the other foot, I see people suddenly using THE SAME EXCUSE for the Lakers. Smh.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

What adjustments can Phil Jackson really make?
pound it inside, constantly.. Kobe's their best offensive player, but it's not the best match up this series for the team.

Yes, I know Pau/Bynum have to actually demand the ball as well, but that is where the Lakers advantage is.

I disagree. I think the combined frontline of Baby/KG/Sheed/Perkins >>>> LO/Pau/Bynum/Mbenga.  

As far as Doc outcoaching Phil, someone said it earlier in here:

Doc - "Don't worry about Kobe! Let him get his. Just shut everyone else down!"
Phil - "Ok, this is a team that always folds in the 4th quarter. We have them. They are ready to lose."

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SHUGES

See, that's what is funny to me. After the Cavs were eliminated and people were saying the Cavs had a weak bench, I recall a bunch of Laker fans screaming about "that's not an excuse! the cavs were winning all year with that same bench and now you guys want to dismiss them. get outta here!".
Yet, now that the shoe is on the other foot, I see people suddenly using THE SAME EXCUSE for the Lakers. Smh.
Difference is people started saying the Cavs TEAM AS A WHOLE was trash, not just the bench.

And people have been complaining all season about our bench, every team besides Utah has had the advantage over them.

As for the coaching comments, both Doc & Phil were right on the money.

Kobe got his (noboby else), and the Celts were so close to giving that game up too....They were up 12 with less than 3 minutes and had to hold on for dear life.

Its not as simple as you're trying to make it.

we closing out these lakers bums tomorrow once and for all. Kobe accomplished everything in his career, but beat a celtics team. Listen all you daydreamers who think Lakers are going to win. Magics and Cavs were much better teams than L.A. and have the record to prove it. We yoked both of them, so what makes you think you lakers got a chance

Originally Posted by BTK

we closing out these lakers bums tomorrow once and for all. Kobe accomplished everything in his career, but beat a celtics team. Listen all you daydreamers who think Lakers are going to win. Magics and Cavs were much better teams than L.A. and have the record to prove it. We yoked both of them, so what makes you think you lakers got a chance

you play for the Celtics?  Brian Scalabrine is that you?

- As far as Snake goes, that 3rd Q shooting was impressive. But as oneof the announcers (I think Wilbon) said last night... This isn'tNovember. No need for him to try and do it all on his own. It'smind-boggling that EVERYONE - Laker fans in this thread, Magic Johnsonon postgame, Doc Rivers in the huddle, etc - knows the book on Kobe:"Let him go off if he wants. Just shut everyone else down". Yet Kobehimself seems to love reverting back to the gunner that he naturallyis.
smh.gif

Kobe was incredible in Game 5. LA would have lost by 20+ if he didn't go off.. if you honestly think otherwise, you just don't know the game. LA losing had NOTHING to do with Kobe... it had everything to do with no one else on the Lakers showing up, offensively or defensively. during that stretch when Kobe went off, the Lakers could have closed the gap but Odom, Bynum, Gasol, Fisher/Farmar, etc repeatedly allowed the Celtics to blow by them for layups. that is not on Kobe.

and Ron Artest is terrible. not only is he essentially a ****** on offense and in clutch situations, but the Lakers brought him in for defense and he can't even do that. Pierce was doing whatever he wanted.

i honestly feel bad for Kobe.. he's the only one on his team with a winning mentality, and he's going up against 4 guys who all have that mentality as well. every Laker besides Kobe is mentally lazy.

Back
Top Bottom