Official Game 2: 05/06 Houston Rockets @ Los Angeles Lakers 7:30PM PST TNT

There has not been one team I've ever seen that frustrates me as much as these Lakers. Man up and play some D, seriously.

Originally Posted by enrique23

81ackMamba wrote:

Yeah, can't believe people are complaining about the physicality of this game. Yet, people complain that the NBA has gone too soft.

People really need to watch the way the Knicks played in the 90's, and Pistons in the 80's.

Nothing dirty, just good, intense, playoff basketball.

QFT

a couple of hard fouls are taken, a couple of elbows thrown, and you guys are talking about suspensions?
people complain that the nba has gone soft, but when some physicality is shown, you guys want suspensions?
smh.gif

so are ya saying, that fishers ejection was just physical and not dirty?

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

Originally Posted by SouthsideChi773

Kobe can't do 40 every game
eek.gif
Are we talking about Kobe.... Bryant???

Maybe not at a high %.... but come on
laugh.gif

Yes I said it.

But before the Kobe stans come out the woodworks,I meant in this playoff series,crazy as Ron is, he is not going to let this happen.The frontcourt gotta have agreat game 3 to survive,especially Bynum.

Originally Posted by 22 Deuces 22

Originally Posted by Roc Boy Jada

Originally Posted by 22 Deuces 22

I'll just say this:

There are very few humans that I can just kick in the head with no remorse. Kobe Bryant is one of them.
And, why is that?

He's one of those people I can't stand.

You know when you were younger in school there was that kid who was an absolute square, but had a unique talent? And he felt like that talent compensated for his square-status.

That's how I view this piece of %+@$. I cannot stand this mother +@!@@$.
I'm with you man.

if rondo doesnt get even a flagrant 2 for knocking a guys tooth out and costing the bulls the game AND not even a flagrant 1 for tackling a guy to the floorthen HOW IN THE WORLD can y'all come here and say "fisher should/will get suspended" that would be the biggest BS call in the history of thegame. Not to mention the play Phil keeps talking about in Utah where Bynum got plowed very similar to the way Scola did and all it was was a foul.

Also, Ron says "im ron artest, the wrong guy to hit" I got news for you pal, Kobe trains with Bruce Lee's old trainer, and this aint no selfdefense class, its a attack first fighting style so if Ron wants to go im sure Kobe can give him teh touch of death and end all you Rockets fans off after him.

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Originally Posted by mco85

nicedudewithnicedreams wrote:

Fro B Giant wrote:

Osh Kosh Bosh wrote:

Ask Spike Lee and how he almost canceled his movie do to Kobe's douche baggery. Guarantee you that movie is like a 30 minute Kobe propaganda film.

This is how I feel about Kobe and the persona, but this does not effect my basketball opinions, the fact that Kobe is the best player on the planet. He
just

happens to also be the biggest douche on the planet.

Because he knows he is the best at what he does? Because he will tell a player he can't guard him? That the face guarding doesn't work? Because of
his

personal life being made public? If you had skills like that I guarauntee you that you would be boasting about it. I mean nobody can guard him 1 on 1. His

personal life is his personal life, how does that affect you? Get over it dude, worry about yourself, I bet Kobe doesn't lose one ounce of sleep
because he

is up thinking about how you don't like him.
Seriously now. If we judged bball players by what they only do on the court and not off the court, there will be totally different perceptions
on players like ron artest, starbury, etc. We, fans, hear stories like how artest is from queensbridge and how he grew up in the hood and everything. With
that, we stereotypically assume he is a straight ghetto dude or whatvr. Same with other players that came from real grimey areas. Now back to Kobe. Kobe grew
up in Italy and played in Philly too. He was from the suburbs. And once again, stereotypically, we expect suburbanites to play with less "swagger"
in their game and etc. But what we see from Kobe is quite the opposite. I don't even need bring up his personal life. Kobe can be cocky all he want but
he didn't grow up in that kind of environment that suggests he would be like that. It is a stereotype but at the same time, we, the public have made it a
stereotype. If Yao Ming started talking trash like Kobe... Fans would be clownin him too. But Yao Ming doesn't. He plays his part in the stereotype of
Asians. Not saying you have to stay within your stereotype, but come on, there will be hate and there will be dislike when you try to change or be different.
Especially, when you try to hard to be something you are not. Word to Kobe Bryant feat. Tyra Banks - K.O.B.E. And besides, Kobe is and was never an underdog
in life. I don't hate on people that have been well off ever since birth, but people need to play their part and be respectful too.

That was the dumbest thing I have ever read

Just my opinion man. Feel free to explain why Kobe gets hated besides the whole he copies MJ thing.

Kobe gets hate because he came into the league at the wrong time. If Kobe would have came in 5 years after Jordan retired people would have loved him. Peopleloved Jordan and Kobe patterns his game and mannerisms after Jordan and people weren't ready to see Jordan go so they hate on Kobe. I don't see howsomeone could like Jordan and not like Kobe. Jordan was cocky and arrogant, slept around on his wife like Kobe, had a huge gambling problem, was hated by themajority of his teammates, a lot of the same thngs are true about Kobe.

Another reason people don't like Kobe is the way the media is now. When Jordan was playing the media would pretty much protect him, report on his on thecourt performance and not really talk about how much of an %#%%@!% he was. In today's media they report on the personality of the players a lot more thanthey used to so people don't love athletes like they used to for the most part.

And you talked about kobe being from the suberbs, Mike wasn't by any means from the hood and he is the most loved basketball player ever.

It still is sad that our "toughest" guys (if you want to call them that) are Fish and Kobe. Do the Lakers big men have any testicles at all? In thefamous words of the Joker "did your balls drop off" them getting manhandled constantly by Landry and Hayes was very frustrating to watch. I seriouslydon't think they have it in them to be tough, which will probably lead to us not winning it all again this year, but I hope I'm wrong.

As for Kobe not being able to score 40 every game, you have got to be joking, he can do it every single game if he wants or needs to, it's just not everytime will it be to LA's benefit, tonight it was. He really doesn't use much energy since he's taking almost all jumpers which makes what he'sdoing even more amazing.

I'm out for tonight, but Ron is THAT dude, I wished we'd picked him up in the offseason instead of resigning Sasha Vuja *+%+%

Originally Posted by aubstuh86

in all seriousness it was wrong for ron to be ejected. he caught an elbow to the throat, didnt initiate anything and was STILL ejected. smh.. dude has a bad rep and will always have one as long as hes in the league.

please explain to me how running over to kobe, getting in his face and talking head like he wanted to fight him is not initiating anything

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Fro B Giant wrote:

Osh Kosh Bosh wrote:

Ask Spike Lee and how he almost canceled his movie do to Kobe's douche baggery. Guarantee you that movie is like a 30 minute Kobe propaganda film.

This is how I feel about Kobe and the persona, but this does not effect my basketball opinions, the fact that Kobe is the best player on the planet. He
just

Because he knows he is the best at what he does? Because he will tell a player he can't guard him? That the face guarding doesn't work? Because of
his

personal life being made public? If you had skills like that I guarauntee you that you would be boasting about it. I mean nobody can guard him 1 on 1. His

personal life is his personal life, how does that affect you? Get over it dude, worry about yourself, I bet Kobe doesn't lose one ounce of sleep
because he

Seriously now. If we judged bball players by what they only do on the court and not off the court, there will be totally different perceptions
on players like ron artest, starbury, etc. We, fans, hear stories like how artest is from queensbridge and how he grew up in the hood and everything. With
that, we stereotypically assume he is a straight ghetto dude or whatvr. Same with other players that came from real grimey areas. Now back to Kobe. Kobe grew
up in Italy and played in Philly too. He was from the suburbs. And once again, stereotypically, we expect suburbanites to play with less "swagger"
in their game and etc. But what we see from Kobe is quite the opposite. I don't even need bring up his personal life. Kobe can be cocky all he want but
he didn't grow up in that kind of environment that suggests he would be like that. It is a stereotype but at the same time, we, the public have made it a
stereotype. If Yao Ming started talking trash like Kobe... Fans would be clownin him too. But Yao Ming doesn't. He plays his part in the stereotype of
Asians. Not saying you have to stay within your stereotype, but come on, there will be hate and there will be dislike when you try to change or be different.
Especially, when you try to hard to be something you are not. Word to Kobe Bryant feat. Tyra Banks - K.O.B.E. And besides, Kobe is and was never an underdog
in life. I don't hate on people that have been well off ever since birth, but people need to play their part and be respectful too.

Just my opinion man. Feel free to explain why Kobe gets hated besides the whole he copies MJ thing.

Kobe gets hate because he came into the league at the wrong time. If Kobe would have came in 5 years after Jordan retired people would have loved him. People loved Jordan and Kobe patterns his game and mannerisms after Jordan and people weren't ready to see Jordan go so they hate on Kobe. I don't see how someone could like Jordan and not like Kobe. Jordan was cocky and arrogant, slept around on his wife like Kobe, had a huge gambling problem, was hated by the majority of his teammates, a lot of the same thngs are true about Kobe.

Another reason people don't like Kobe is the way the media is now. When Jordan was playing the media would pretty much protect him, report on his on the court performance and not really talk about how much of an %#%%@!% he was. In today's media they report on the personality of the players a lot more than they used to so people don't love athletes like they used to for the most part.

And you talked about kobe being from the suberbs, Mike wasn't by any means from the hood and he is the most loved basketball player ever.
qft

laugh.gif
@ Chuck

btw I hit my post limit
nerd.gif

and got distracted with new Cassie pics o_O

I still want to know what happened between Wafer and Adelman, though

laugh.gif

We got Kobe homers in here saying Ron don't want NOTHING with Kobe....
roll.gif

You're justifying MISSED calls by refs (e.g. Rondo decapitating BMiller to save the game) as the reason there should be no call/suspension on Fisher? Yousir, are a lost cause.

Also, Ron says "im ron artest, the wrong guy to hit" I got news for you pal, Kobe trains with Bruce Lee's old trainer, and this aint no self defense class, its a attack first fighting style so if Ron wants to go im sure Kobe can give him teh touch of death and end all you Rockets fans off after him.
laugh.gif
I cannot get over this. "I got news for you pal"... Jeebus.

Originally Posted by baby dill

laugh.gif

We got Kobe homers in here saying Ron don't want NOTHING with Kobe....
roll.gif

You're justifying MISSED calls by refs (e.g. Rondo decapitating BMiller to save the game) as the reason there should be no call/suspension on Fisher? You sir, are a lost cause.
Rondo's play was reviewed after the game, lost cause
grin.gif

both deserve suspensions

Fro B Giant wrote:

Osh Kosh Bosh wrote:

just

his

because he

yea definitely was one of the stupidest things ive heard in a long time. you contradicted yourself so many times (bold)

Ron has both hands on the back of Kobe's neck just prior to that, shoving his head downwards on the rebound
That was the foul they called on Ron (the ref' told Ron he had his arm around him) and it was legit. To me, it should have been foul on Ron, T on Kobe. Kobe's known for using his elbows, but there are only a few guys that get close enough to actually beaffected by them. Only Ron and Bell have overreacted. IMO, Ron should've taken Fish's route and given Kobe a hard foul. A good push in the back on arebound attempt or something.

Ron deserved to get kicked out because he was taking over the game and not listening to anyone. The ref's can't have that.

Kobe's "He can't guard me" is straight stalker-status of MJ's in 93 against Gerald Wilkins.

Did you read BillSimmons recent article where he touches on the l0 stages of a player's reaction to a game winning shot?
Stage 5: "I'm going to pretend to be Michael Jordan to the point that you will feel creepy."

(Best example: Kobe's game-winner against the Suns in 2006 that recently made the slew of cool playoff commercials. We haven't seen an imitation that uncomfortable since Jennifer Jason Leigh got Bridget Fonda's haircut in "Single White Female.")

Normally I don't agree with that kind of play going on but you know what Scola deserved that for all the junk he does after the shot.
I agree. That's the way the game was played before the league clamped down on the extra stuff. It's about the type of foul Fox wouldhave put on someone during their championship runs.

my dude ron pointed at that sheep kobe and gave him the cut throat
I've seen it a few times and I still believe he was just talking to Kobe about the elbow.

Ask Spike Lee and how he almost canceled his movie do to Kobe's douche baggery.
Spike Lee was asked and didn't substantiate the claim. You're going off of hearsay.

crawford is too emotional as a ref.. he needs to go
+1

The NBA needs to do something about the refereeing. I know it's a hard game to ref' and it only gets more difficult when the teams get physical, butthey've got to do something because...

Fisher deserved to get kicked out, not sure if he should get suspended. Freakin Rondo eye gauges Brad Miller and barely gets a ticky tack foul.

Piece of #*+% officials.
Exactly. Rondo threw Hinrich into a table and slapped the heck out of Miller without receiving anything more than a foul. No fine, no suspensionand the ref's completely missed both calls.

Regarding Fish's intentional foul, as Fish already stated, it wasn't a blow to the head so he shouldn't be suspended. I'm not even sure itshould have been a Flagrant 2. It's not like Scola was in a prone position, but I can see where the ref's were looking to keep control of the game andit was the right call to make.

More than how the teams are going to play, I'm interested in how the next game will be called. The Lakers play defense with their hands too much so ifthey aren't disciplined, the Rockets are going to get a ton of free throws.

It seems like Odom finally played interior D the right way, by using his body. He bodied up the guys when they got to the lane and let the guards reach forthe ball instead of doing it himself and picking up stupid fouls. He's still the worst rotating big the in the league, but at least he didn't seem tobe committing stupid fouls.

Originally Posted by Nash

Originally Posted by aubstuh86

in all seriousness it was wrong for ron to be ejected. he caught an elbow to the throat, didnt initiate anything and was STILL ejected. smh.. dude has a bad rep and will always have one as long as hes in the league.

please explain to me how running over to kobe, getting in his face and talking head like he wanted to fight him is not initiating anything

ill let the man speak for himself

i swear i dont think I can ever be friends with female kobe fans

especially when they try to talk to you about the game and the kb24 ron ron incident

them broads swears by their lives that kobe can drop ron

smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom