OFFICIAL FREDDIE GIBBS THREAD - Piñata IS OUT NOW!

BFK is still probably my favorite tape from Gibbs goes back in the whip every summer. 
pimp.gif

I can't even rank these tapes, they all neck and neck to me. I'm talking everything Miseducation and after, he's got some heat before that too. He was finding himself then, but there are some gems.

For a while I thought nothing would top Midwestboxframe, then Str8 Killa dropped :x, then Cold Day in Hell dropped :x, then BFK, :x

SO MUCH HEAT! Sprinkle the random guest appearances and you can make a tape off of those alone

[/B]

I definitely disagree.

He's for sure not a middle of the road/average rapper bruh, come on now.

He's held his own on multiple tracks with other prominent rappers.

To each his own tho.
Yeah, Gibbs gets busy on tracks. He's never hesitant to switch his flow on whatever track he rhymes over. Not to mention he's spazzed on a bunch of his guest features. He's a representation of what "Just spittin" sounds like. 

Sidenote: "Still Livin' 2" = 
eek.gif
sick.gif
 still. 

Last edited:

[thread="508419"]And I'm gonna be honest, I mainly checked this project for Madlib's production too. Gibbs isn't some amazing rapper who everyone's gonna love, he's kind of middle of the road in the grand scheme of things[/thread]

Yea this is nonsense imo. Gibbs is the most technically skilled "street" rapper doing it today and I'm not trying to hear "that's not saying much." Dude is a bonafied rap talent regardless of era. 

Chuck_norris_approved.jpg

And I'm gonna be honest, I mainly checked this project for Madlib's production too. Gibbs isn't some amazing rapper who everyone's gonna love, he's kind of middle of the road in the grand scheme of things

I definitely disagree.

He's for sure not a middle of the road/average rapper bruh, come on now.

He's held his own on multiple tracks with other prominent rappers.

To each his own tho.
Freddie Gibbs is a good rapper, he can spit. I meant he's middle of the road TO ME in terms of not being super original or creative in his subject matter, or how he approaches creating music.

That's not to say he doesn't make good music, but it's not like he's revolutionizing hip hop or creating a new lane. Someone could be into hip hop but not really bother checking for Freddie Gibbs, I wouldn't say that means they don't know hip hop

Last edited:
Freddie Gibbs is a good rapper, he can spit. I meant he's middle of the road TO ME in terms of not being super original or creative in his subject matter, or how he approaches creating music.

That's not to say he doesn't make good music, but it's not like he's revolutionizing hip hop or creating a new lane. Someone could be into hip hop but not really bother checking for Freddie Gibbs, I wouldn't say that means they don't know hip hop

Never said anything about anyone not knowing hip hop.

What new lanes are there to create? I think too people are expecting artist to be groundbreaking, genre shaking music that'll turn hip hop on its head.

I don't think that's fair to the artist.

Nor is Gibbs trying revolutionize culture, he's just a dope *** rapper spitting some real **** and he is quite good at it.

Freddie Gibbs got bars!!! his flow is soo ill!! its a shame hes so underrated :smh:

Never said anything about anyone not knowing hip hop.

What new lanes are there to create? I think too people are expecting artist to be groundbreaking, genre shaking music that'll turn hip hop on its head.

I don't think that's fair to the artist.

Nor is Gibbs trying revolutionize culture, he's just a dope *** rapper spitting some real **** and he is quite good at it.
The poster I was originally responding to, was implying that the Youtube reviewer wasn't into hip hop because he doesn't like Freddie Gibbs

ESGN was hard too.

Came Up, I Seen A Man Die, FAME, Certified Live, Freddie Soprano. I could keep going but those really stood out.

Last edited:
Love that song, althtough im not a fan of Danny Brown

My favorite song is Shame with BJ the Chicago Kid :pimp: song is played almost daily in my car.

Most of yall probably never heard of The Tonight Show series if you're not from the Bay but DJ Fresh is the man. He's not my favorite producer but he's an Oakland ***** and his work ethic is crazy. Him and Gibbs been linking up for a minute about time they dropped a project together. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom