• Newcastle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Manchester United

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Nah I'm not letting y'all steal this credit without an asterisk.
Overall defense sure, y'all can have that, but our setpiece defending under Ange is by far the worst I've ever seen. Any setpiece against us might as well be a penalty.
United concede just as many off of set pieces if not more :lol:

Been leading the league for a few seasons now there while also being the worst at scoring from them too :rofl:

Tic Tac Waiting GIF by Alguna Pregunta Més?

Now they're risking another lost season and for what?
If we’re to believe the reports, they didn’t want him here for this season, they wanted Tuchel. But Tuchel wanted more say in transfers. Guess they figured they shouldn’t settle on their first coach/manager hire and extended him. This was always ending one way once it came out that INEOS were interviewing people.

He’s going to have to play himself into the starting XI.

Been kind of rough for him lately.
Was hoping he'd find his rhythm back at Porto. I want him to succeed so bad at Arsenal. His skillset is tailor made to help the team walk it in. Just needs to put the pieces together.

Mfs were really calling Licha the "butcher". Looking charming soft out there
When Arteta wanted him it was to play LB and invert into midfield. Wonder if he’d be better there than at CB

De light been on fraud watch for 2 clubs now, not surprised he’s been *** at the graveyard that is Man U

Martinez had two big foot injuries, a knee injury, and a calf injury. He has just lost a yard of pace which was needed for how aggressive he plays. You can just ran past him now. Add the geriatric midfield pairing in front of him and Dalot playing in midfield and you get that performance.

Don’t rock with Rashford at all. You guys know this.

But subbing him after the half time was an odd decision. He was killing Porto down the left.
Thing is, he’s in decent form offensively and getting back to attacking defenses with confidence…but he still absolutely kills the team cause he refuses to engage defensively. It’s really odd, and I don’t get it.

That first goal he just let Joao Mario walk into the box for a free cross, literally just walking behind him and looking at him. It’s impossible to build a successful team in modern football if you have a player who refuses to press.

worldbeefreeg worldbeefreeg you good bro?
no wonder why you keep upping the prem. trying to hang on the coattails of the other clubs
I just enjoy football and try to judge it honestly. I’m a United fan but we’re dog**** and I’m always pretty vocal about that.

No repping other teams, I just point out the truth that the money that has come into English football has already, and will continue to push the Prem ahead of the other leagues in Europe. Doesn’t mean other leagues won’t be able to outperform them in the odd tournament here and there, but the gulf will only grow as time. Sorry if that truth gets your panties in a bunch.

I just enjoy football and try to judge it honestly. I’m a United fan but we’re dog**** and I’m always pretty vocal about that.

No repping other teams, I just point out the truth that the money that has come into English football has already, and will continue to push the Prem ahead of the other leagues in Europe. Doesn’t mean other leagues won’t be able to outperform them in the odd tournament here and there, but the gulf will only grow as time. Sorry if that truth gets your panties in a bunch.
England has had more money for a decade, only 2 clubs have remained consistent in Europe. Villa is a good story but they will fade away, Spurs are Spurs, United & Chelsea will continue to spend and both have had trouble staying in the Cl spots, Arsenal might replace Liverpool’s position, Newcastle are still building. There’s a finite of good players & coaches so a lot of that money will just end getting spent poorly and the prestigious clubs outside of Europe will take advantage.

Thing is, he’s in decent form offensively and getting back to attacking defenses with confidence…but he still absolutely kills the team cause he refuses to engage defensively. It’s really odd, and I don’t get it.

That first goal he just let Joao Mario walk into the box for a free cross, literally just walking behind him and looking at him. It’s impossible to build a successful team in modern football if you have a player who refuses to press.

João Mario was getting embarrassed out there. Straight up.

I get your point but I would have kept Rashford on.

João Mario was getting embarrassed out there. Straight up.

I get your point but I would have kept Rashford on.
I didn’t disagree with you, it was just more a comment on Rashford as a player overall.

And yes, you can see how the money over the past decade has grown the league when you have the likes of Villa who were related a year ago outclassing Bayern. That’s the point.

Do I think Villa keep it up for the longterm?Probably not but there will be another English team right behind them filling that spot be in Brighton, Newcastle etc.

The depth of the prem is so far ahead, its cope to pretend like it’s not. Even a few years ago there used to be easy games in the Prem, besides the relegation teams there really isn’t that dynamic anymore.
Doesn’t mean that other leagues won’t compete or do better individual tournaments occasionally either. But the depth and money isn’t the same and it’s more about the talent at the back and middle that has grown than the talent at the top end.

That’s why the Championship can put through players that go into the top leagues (Look at Guimares) at other clubs and dominate in a way you don’t see with the other leagues.

United concede just as many off of set pieces if not more :lol:

Been leading the league for a few seasons now there while also being the worst at scoring from them too :rofl:
Nah I refuse to believe y'all are worse at setpiece defending than us, I need to see the stats.
Take in mind our overall defense is miles ahead of United, relatively speaking. We should be way better overall though considering our defenders. We're lucky to have the quality of Romero and Micky VdV. I like what I'm seeing from Udogie and Porro is serviceable I guess.

Edit: Told you.

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5796670/2024/09/29/tottenham-set-pieces-defending/
670c7ba22dbccd27176203692eda75aa.png

f170af07e0c68d154b0619937780dc67.png

With y'all the problem is just overall dog**** defense
b42b12ab74c79a11146fbc167ba4535d.png

Last edited:

I’ve been hearing this for over 10 years now. Yall have been spending for years and it’s still the same story. Prem teams are still a stepping stone for the very best players.

Stop lashing out at other leagues cause the biggest team in England is sooooooo buns and been sooooo buns for so long. How much did yall spend this summer? Are yall “built different”? Imagine being a united fan in 2024 and puffing your chest out cause of one round of football in a competition your team isn’t even a part of.

but the prem is different

Back
Top Bottom