OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Euro Cup and Copa America underway

Who wins the Euros?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Amazing experience. Stadium was completely packed and we had great sight lines.

IMG_1334.jpeg
IMG_1335.jpeg

I wanted a Mexico v Argentina qtrs but oh well.

The ecuador handball and shin touch not called was surprising. Mexico gets those penalty calls in Concacaf and Euros but not in Conmebol.

My Mexico-born Mexican friends always put the blame on the federation . It’s not Copa America specific; they use the fact that Mexico always plays friendlies in the US for tickets starting at $150 as evidence that they just want to leech of Mexican Americans who have more disposable income. Player development is not a priority at all for the FMF

Speaking of which, I completely agree that it’s sad that FMF never/rarely holds matches in Mexico anymore. Remember when getting a draw at the Azteca used to be an achievement because of how difficult it was to play there?

Last edited:
US fans begging Bielsa to take it easy on them tomorrow…probably even more embarrassing. This type of loser mentality is the worst.

Let’s say Bielsa listens to your prayers and basically lets you win. Then what? Make it out of the group just to get thrashed in the next round anyway?

The whole point of being in Copa America is to get used to playing against good teams and win something in the future.
screaming “Dos a cero!!” at Mexico does NOT count as a relevant achievement…

Last edited:
Germany and Spain are the main 2 actually serious teams we've seen so far this tourney man.

Switzerland as well tbf relative to their talent level
I’m very excited for England vs Switzerland
Obviously England has the better players but Switzerland has been looking very solid.

Unlike England, the Swiss actually seem like a proper cohesive team. Switzerland don’t have the individual talent to match but they’re well organized and link up very well by a national team’s standards.

England may have won today but they still haven’t played well.
It’ll be interesting to see what they’ll manage against a strong cohesive unit like Switzerland.

Idk if I’m just misremembering but the quality of football by the ‘small’ countries this tourney has been superb. With some exceptions like Scotland etc of course.

Back
Top Bottom