Official FIRST 2008 NT NFL Prediction Thread

Why is it too early? It's post draft. Make your predictions.

2. the eagles are terrible.
Why? Best secondary in the league. One of the deepest defensive lines in the league. Healthy McNabb. One of the most dynamic RBs in the league. Areturn game that will be vastly improved. Where are the major flaws that make us terrible?

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

Why? Best secondary in the league. One of the deepest defensive lines in the league. Healthy McNabb. One of the most dynamic RBs in the league. A return game that will be vastly improved. Where are the major flaws that make us terrible?

Coaching? Is Justice still on the team? (
laugh.gif
) Best secondary? Maybetop 5, but you can't just say they are the best without them having played a single game together. They do look good on paper...

Why? Best secondary in the league. One of the deepest defensive lines in the league. Healthy McNabb. One of the most dynamic RBs in the league. A return game that will be vastly improved. Where are the major flaws that make us terrible?

Not even gonna mention the big gaping hole at receiver, huh? Or the fact that the only time Westbrook gets his number called is when Mortinweg isrunnin' the show. McNabb is never healthy plus he's not the as good as he once was. Best secondary? Dawkins is another year older, Mikell is a bum.Honestly if this team went last in the division I wouldn't be suprised. The only reason I'd give them the edge over the Skins' is because of thenew coach (maroon and black SMH).

But its whatever, hope springs eternal right?

Originally Posted by jerseymizzle

you're forgetting us.

11-5, 14-2, 9-7 (our first five losses were by 4 or less, including that ridiculous blocked FG against philly), 12-4.

Phillip Rivers
sick.gif

Originally Posted by PlatinumFunk

Coaching? Is Justice still on the team? (
laugh.gif
) Best secondary? Maybe top 5, but you can't just say they are the best without them having played a single game together. They do look good on paper...

A backup is why we are terrible? AR may not be the greatest coach, but last time I checked, he has a pretty damn good record.
Not even gonna mention the big gaping hole at receiver, huh?
Yeah. It really sucks having a WR catch 77 balls for 1100 yards.
Or the fact that the only time Westbrook gets his number called is when Mortinweg is runnin' the show.
Marty didn't call the plays last year, and Westbrook had the best year of his career.

McNabb is never healthy plus he's not the as good as he once was.
And your point is? He's healthier than he was for most of last year. He had his best games at the end of the season.

Best secondary? Dawkins is another year older, Mikell is a bum.
Dawk is still a monster, and there's no neck issue anymore. Mikell is a bum makes the fact that we have four above average defensive backsnull?

Yeah. It really sucks having a WR catch 77 balls for 1100 yards.
With what 5 td's. How many drops?

Marty didn't call the plays last year, and Westbrook had the best year of his career.
My point was that he doesn't get utilized as much when Andy calls the plays, that's including last year. I know its around 60% of the timeAndy calls for the pass taking the ball out of the best offensive player's hands (by far) and entrusting them to bums. Andy has been known to overlook BW,don't deny that.

And your point is? He's healthier than he was for most of last year. He had his best games at the end of the season.
No guarantee that translates over to this season. And he's injury prone hasn't started a full season in like 6 years.

Dawk is still a monster, and there's no neck issue anymore. Mikell is a bum makes the fact that we have four above average defensive backs null?
Four above avg corners? or corners plus safeties? Sheldon is avg. only a good tackler, really regressed from the one year he was snubbed for thepro bowl. Lito is always hurt, only amazing against one team. Asante's legit. Hanson the fourth? ??? And no Mikell doesn't null good db's byhinself, Considine helps.

Last note Westbrook is like 70% of the offense and touchdowns, better pray he doesn't get hurt. The team still sucks in the red zone. Akers all day!!!!

NFC EAST
Giants
Eagles
Cowboys

NFC SOUTH
Saints
Bucs
Panthers
Falcons

NFC NORTH
Packers
Vikings
Lions
Bears

NFC WEST
Seahawks
Cardinals
Rams
49ers

AFC EAST
Patriots
Bills
Jets
Dolphins

AFC SOUTH
Colts
Jaguars
Titans
Texans

AFC NORTH
Steelers
Browns
Bengals
Ravens

AFC WEST
Chargers
Broncos
Chiefs
Raiders

NFC Wildcard
Eagles over Seahawks
Vikings over Saints

AFC Wildcard
Colts over Steelers
Browns over Jaguars

NFC Divisional
Packers over Eagles
Giants over Vikings

AFC Divisional
Colts Over Patriots
Browns Over Chargers

NFC Championship
Packers over Giants

AFC Championship
Colts over Browns

SUPER BOWL
Packers over Colts 35-21

With what 5 td's. How many drops?
Why does he need to score more TDs? It's a west coast offense. The point is to spread the ball around to multiple players. And I'm prettysure he had less drops than your #1.
My point was that he doesn't get utilized as much when Andy calls the plays, that's including last year. I know its around 60% of the time Andy calls for the pass taking the ball out of the best offensive player's hands (by far) and entrusting them to bums. Andy has been known to overlook BW, don't deny that.
He was involved in 35% of the plays (not including passing plays where he was thrown at and there wasn't a completion). LT was involved in38%. AND Westbrook missed a game. What's your point?

No guarantee that translates over to this season. And he's injury prone hasn't started a full season in like 6 years.
You're right. There's no guarantee in anything. I guess your thinking he's going to get injured just like I'm thinking the Cowboysare going to not win a playoff game for the 12th year in a row.
Four above avg corners? or corners plus safeties? Sheldon is avg. only a good tackler, really regressed from the one year he was snubbed for the pro bowl. Lito is always hurt, only amazing against one team. Asante's legit. Hanson the fourth? ??? And no Mikell doesn't null good db's by hinself, Considine helps.
DB = DB not DB = CB. Sheldon as a nickel is an above average corner. Lito is injury prone, but when he's on the field he is excellent.Considine isn't going to see much of the field this year.

Why does he need to score more TDs? It's a west coast offense. The point is to spread the ball around to multiple players. And I'm pretty sure he had less drops than your #1.
Well if the point is to spread the ball around shouldn't he have more? How come Westbrook is the only one that can find the endzone on thatteam? And I forget to mention that weren't three of the six (not five) td's Curtis scored in one game. Pathetic! And since were taking cheapshots, hemost likely had less tds, yardage, catches, camera time, etc, etc; you know because he sucks.

He was involved in 35% of the plays (not including passing plays where he was thrown at and there wasn't a completion). LT was involved in 38%. AND Westbrook missed a game. What's your point?
AR is a pass happy coach. Its most likely gonna cost the Eagles some games. You're gonna complain about Westbrook getting overlooked.

You're right. There's no guarantee in anything. I guess your thinking he's going to get injured just like I'm thinking the Cowboys are going to not win a playoff game for the 12th year in a row.
Oh look, another cheapshot, what does The Cowboys playoff record have to do with McNabb being fragile? And since we're going there, I'msure EVERYBODY think the Eagles won't win the Superbowl for the 43rd year in a row, save for you and Trillapino.

DB = DB not DB = CB. Sheldon as a nickel is an above average corner. Lito is injury prone, but when he's on the field he is excellent. Considine isn't going to see much of the field this year.
We'll see. Anywho I'm done man. Lately its just been me and you going back and forth, commandeering threads. Its only May.
Peace.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Judging from the "player to look out for" thread and the way this is shaping up, this thread is going to be people picking their favorite team to
win their respective divisions and getting to the superbowl...
tired.gif

Blame DaJoka...he started it with that outrageous claim that the Eagles are winning it all. I might as well say the Raiders will be playing in early February.

Originally Posted by jerseymizzle

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

all those were absolutely necessary for a man with any post-young (i'll even give you garcia) san francisco QB for an avatar questioning rivers. he's a top 10 QB in my opinion. (granted...he is 10th on that list. but still. he's at least 12th.)

You're acting like I said the Niners were going to do anything this year. I should post twice as many rolling smilies as you for saying Rivers is a top10 QB when he was 18th in the league last year in QB rating. Plus, did I mention how much of an idiot he is?

Originally Posted by BirdsIView

jerseymizzle wrote:

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

all those were absolutely necessary for a man with any post-young (i'll even give you garcia) san francisco QB for an avatar questioning rivers. he's
a top 10 QB in my opinion. (granted...he is 10th on that list. but still. he's at least 12th.)

You're acting like I said the Niners were going to do anything this year. I should post twice as many rolling smilies as you for saying Rivers is a top
10 QB when he was 18th in the league last year in QB rating. Plus, did I mention how much of an idiot he is?

The sad thing is that Rivers has twice the balls their RB has...

Originally Posted by vick5

Whoa Whoa, Atlanta at the top of NFC South !?!?!
eek.gif

Yes I said it......because any team can virtually win in this weak division.....and the past 2-3 years the team who finishes last in the division theprevious season will end up winning the division the next.

Originally Posted by TrillipinoTrapstar

eek.gif

Yes I said it......because any team can virtually win in this weak division.....and the past 2-3 years the team who finishes last in the division the previous season will end up winning the division the next.

Terrible logic.
laugh.gif

AFC South
1. Indianapolis
2. Houston*
3. Jacksonville
4. Tennessee
I can understand Indy but Houston,
smh.gif

Chargers fan?
laugh.gif
Yall aren't seeing the Jaguars

we need that division this year dammit

NFC EAST
1. New York
2. Dallas *
3. Washington *
4. Philadelphia

NFC North
1. Minnesota
2. Green Bay
3. Chicago
4. Detroit

NFC South
1. Tampa Bay
2. New Orleans
3. Carolina
4. Atlanta

NFC West
1. Seattle
2. Arizona
3. St. Louis
4. San Francisco

AFC EAST
1. New England
2. Buffalo
3. New York
4. Miami

AFC North
1. Pittsburgh
2. Cleveland *
3. Cincinnati
4. Baltimore

AFC South
1. Indianapolis
2. Jacksonville *
3. Tennessee
4. Houston

AFC WEST
1. San Diego
2. Denver
3. Oakland
4. Kansas City

Wild Card Round
Washington over Minnesota
Tampa Bay over Dallas
Jacksonville over Pittsburgh
San Diego over Cleveland

Divisional Round
Washington over New York
Seattle over Tampa Bay
Jacksonville over New England
Indianapolis over San Diego

Conference Championships
Seattle over Washington (
frown.gif
)
Jacksonville over Indianapolis

Super Bowl
Seattle over Jacksonville

NFL MVP: David Gerrard
Offensive POY: Clinton Portis
Defensive POY: Reggie Nelson
Offensive ROY: Devin Thomas
Defensive ROY: Chris Long

Originally Posted by Berkeley Boy

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Judging from the "player to look out for" thread and the way this is shaping up, this thread is going to be people picking their favorite team to
tired.gif

Blame DaJoka...he started it with that outrageous claim that the Eagles are winning it all. I might as well say the Raiders will be playing in early February.

Maybe I did it so I didn't have to see a certain idiot write "you didn't even pick your own team to win, LOL". There's no winningwith you guys. I picked the Eagles to win. So what? It's not totally unrealistic. The Giants won the SB after looking like they were going to choke in the2nd half of the season again.

Originally Posted by TrillipinoTrapstar

eek.gif

Yes I said it......because any team can virtually win in this weak division.....and the past 2-3 years the team who finishes last in the division the previous season will end up winning the division the next.

Yeah but they didin't do that with a rookie qb. The Panthers will be much better next year. Delhomme if healthy can do enough and DeAngelo Williamsis going to break out this year. Defense needs to get their act together and we will be straight. Only dudes playin last year were Beason and Thomas Davis.

Berkeley Boy wrote:

GUNNA GET IT wrote:

tired.gif

Blame DaJoka...he started it with that outrageous claim that the Eagles are winning it all. I might as well say the Raiders will be playing in early
February.

Maybe I did it so I didn't have to see a certain idiot write "you didn't even pick your own team to win, LOL". There's no winning
with you guys. I picked the Eagles to win. So what? It's not totally unrealistic. The Giants won the SB after looking like they were going to choke in the
2nd half of the season again.

laugh.gif
You're right. Anything can happen.

Back
Top Bottom