::[OFFICIAL] FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Thread:::

Rooting for Netherlands now Robben :pimp:
0wK.gif

Bandwagon? How is it a bandwagon to follow your home team and not a league in a different country.,.

Bandwagoners are the American Chelsea, Man U, and Man City "fans".

This. I only care about my country and players from my country post WC. Fk EPL, Spain, Germany...I don't have roots or can relate at all to those clubs or teams and I'd just root for the player from my country if they played in those teams. That's why I cringe when I see Hondurans, Chapines rest of Central/South Am. root for Real and Barca etc. Like FK, I can't get into it at all. :lol:

Last edited:
Missed the entire game because of work.

Don't know if I should watch my recording or just delete it

This. I only care about my country and players from my country post WC. Fk EPL, Spain, Germany...I don't have roots or can relate at all to those clubs or teams and I'd just root for the player from my country if they played in those teams. That's why I cringe when I see Hondurans, Chapines rest of Central/South Am. root for Real and Barca etc. Like FK, I can't get into it at all. :lol:

Dumb argument.
Some root for a player on a team.
I like Barca cuz Maradona, Messi and Mascherano played there. Some mexicans and africans also will follow a team because a certain player played there (ex. Marquez at Barca, Sanchez at madrid, Eto at barca, drigba at chelsea etc etc)

Also, im an american "sports fan" so do you think its more appropriate to root for the LA Lakers when Kobe is from philadelphia, Gasol is from Spain, Shaq is from Louisianna and Meta World is from NYC?

People can root for whoever they want...Whether its a team from their city or because they like a player(s) (see Ronaldo and Henry fans) or they just like the team from their child hood (see Jordan Bulls Fans)

I dont see any issue with someone liking Arsenal or Wolfsburg or Atletico Madrid even if someone is not from there.

Last edited:
just finish watching the game again since i had to leave by the end of the 2nd half since i had to go to class . man i must say Tim Howard is the best goalkeeper in the world right even better than Ochoa smh i feel for dude i almost cry by this man performance today , he deserve to win .Good game Yedlin, Jones, Green and Tim Howard the rest of them **** can stay in Brazil

As long as MLS is garbage, soccer in the US won't grow much.

Kids growing up playing basketball and working hard saying, "I wanna go to the NBA"

Football: "I wanna go to the NFL"

Maybe it's different in other states, but from being around competitive youth soccer clubs (Dallas Texans, etc.) I don't ever hear kids saying, "I wanna play MLS"

Players aren't being developed like they are in Europe..sure, the best kids play select, but these kids end up overseas somewhere or in college for 4 years.

Last edited:
Howard had a hot game but hes not the best keeper in the world not even close.

Soccer will never be popular here. Nothing will change it. So many different reasons. Too many sports, no money, no good players, not enough ads, disrespect from everywhere else, "retirement tour" for old players. So much has to happen and I cant foresee it.

First time on NT since the morning.

The loss still hurts :smh: , thought we had it won that 92rd minute. And I hate to throw blame on Dempsey but man that post-FK miss was brutal. Watching Howard though, man a game for the ages. And Bradley's incompetence drove me nuts, especially any touches he had in Extra Time.

Forget Germany, got Argentina winning the whole Cup :nerd: .

Last edited:

Soccer will never be popular here. Nothing will change it. So many different reasons. Too many sports, no money, no good players, not enough ads, disrespect from everywhere else, "retirement tour" for old players. So much has to happen and I cant foresee it.
Soccer will never be popular 

What world are you living in? The world is stopping right now for this tournament. You're out of your mind. Soccer hasn't gain popularity in the US but beyond our country soccer is probably the worlds most popular sport.

He said soccer will never be popular HERE. He didn't say it isn't popular around the world. :lol:

Soccer will never be popular 

What world are you living in? The world is stopping right now for this tournament. You're out of your mind. Soccer hasn't gain popularity in the US but beyond our country soccer is probably the worlds most popular sport.
He said soccer will never be popular HERE. He didn't say it isn't popular around the world.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I don't know to fix the problem but unless MLS becomes a top flight league soccer won't be big here. Regardless of what happens in the World Cup or Copa America.

its all about $$$$. Once the best MLS players get paid like the best from the NFL, MLB and NBA it'll blow the hell up.

Soccer will never be popular View media item 1043378

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom