Official FIFA Soccer 13 Thread: Out Now!

feel free to add me on PSN: vtotheinay ive been playing ultimate team a lot right now trying to get a hang of it. i never messed with it before but im always down to play a match with someone. does anyone know how to play a quick ranked match vs anyone? (not in ultimate team)

I love it so far. just trying to get the hang of these manual controls. First time trying Ultimate Team also and I think it's now my favorite game mode besides online.
Thanks for being the one person to respond, man. Appreciated. Small decision, but I'm taking my time because of how little I play video games anymore. May or may not purchase FIFA, Madden, and NBA 2K.

I love it so far. just trying to get the hang of these manual controls. First time trying Ultimate Team also and I think it's now my favorite game mode besides online.
Thanks for being the one person to respond, man. Appreciated. Small decision, but I'm taking my time because of how little I play video games anymore. May or may not purchase FIFA, Madden, and NBA 2K.

This is the best Fifa imo I really like the in game updates and the sideline reporter for injuries. If I were you I would wait for Amazons BF deals when the 3 games go for 35 and the patches have come out.

Can't send long soaring Scholes-like passes and expect perfect possession anymore :lol:

Pato had a wide open field and i lobbed it to him and dude steps on the ball and leaves it behind lol. Through balls will get more use next time.

i just wish i didnt have to pause the game to make substitutions... im on ps3 so no corny kinect option

UT is addicting is he'll!

Just scooped up Eto'o and Gerrard for 25,000 total after some timely bidding :pimp:

Also can anybody guide me as to how acquire a guy like CR7, Leo, Yaya, or Rooney? I logged 150+ games into UT last year and I never stood a shot of ever owning a player that costs 100K+ to buy. I was/am doing Madden UT as well when I play that but although the elite players are expensive as well, they are certainly attainable.

Last edited:
If anyone has the game on Xbox and wants the pre-order code for the adidas team PM me.

I pre-ordered it but cancelled it, but Amazon still send me the code.

edit: nvm, gone.

Last edited:
My Xbox gamer tag is DeeringCenter. Always done to play. There a niketalk pro club season out there?

How is Ultimate Team? I never played it and I want to try it out but my game keeps freezing every time I try to play the introduction match

Frustrating *** game. The new touch system is :x and it feels slower. I mean i'm still gonna cop it but so far i'm not impressed.

This is the best Fifa imo I really like the in game updates and the sideline reporter for injuries. If I were you I would wait for Amazons BF deals when the 3 games go for 35 and the patches have come out.
Appreciate it, dude. My brothers are coming home from college this weekend and we will be sampling a copy. Going to run Madrid, Benfica, and Newcastle in my trial matches.

I would have pre-ordered 13 had Amazon offered the $20 off deal from last year.

Took the GRE today, now I am going to treat myself with some FIFA 13.

But to piggy back off of Drizzyd, how do you get top notch players. I've watched a lot of youtube videos and have done some research, but I still feel like I've gotten nowhere.

NT BROS I need help. Been getting whooped online after a couple of games and it's usually because of these 3 things:

-Whenever I get a through ball or i'm running while keeping the ball far with the joystick, the defender always catches me unless I really got him beat. I've been using turbo and no luck.

-Defense is alright, but on crosses i'm suspect so i need some pointers.

-Also, what assisted controls do you guys use that would help me increase my offense. I can finish the play....it's just that I need to get there first.

Reps for those who help. Thanks

PSN: GETRICH87
Is it possible to start an #NT League?

If anybody starts one please let me know or make a thread or sonething

I'm setting it up right now.

We have to pick an actually a league and a team. I guess for kits, stadiums and what not. The OG uMAD FC picked Chelsea. The idea is to be the PS3 counterpart, Henz0 might be getting a PS3 also
I'm personally an Arsenal fan but....I can put it on any for both so that it's random.
Also for size of the club 11-20 sound good? 1-10 is the option before and 21-30 is the next option.
I'm putting "yes" for Join Request and "no" for Public Club.
This is my first time doing this so anyone with experience does this sound okay so far?

Last edited:
NT BROS I need help. Been getting whooped online after a couple of games and it's usually because of these 3 things:

-Whenever I get a through ball or i'm running while keeping the ball far with the joystick, the defender always catches me unless I really got him beat. I've been using turbo and no luck.

-Defense is alright, but on crosses i'm suspect so i need some pointers.

-Also, what assisted controls do you guys use that would help me increase my offense. I can finish the play....it's just that I need to get there first.

Reps for those who help. Thanks

- Use the RT Stick to push the ball in front of you. Double-flick it to get a bigger push.

And for those complaining about first touch, DON'T HOLD TURBO WHEN RECEIVING A PASS. Holding LT helps, too. I always hold LT when receiving a pass if I got space around me.

UT is addicting is he'll!
Just scooped up Eto'o and Gerrard for 25,000 total after some timely bidding :pimp:
Also can anybody guide me as to how acquire a guy like CR7, Leo, Yaya, or Rooney? I logged 150+ games into UT last year and I never stood a shot of ever owning a player that costs 100K+ to buy. I was/am doing Madden UT as well when I play that but although the elite players are expensive as well, they are certainly attainable.

you said it yourself earlier in your post bro timely bidding. then put them back up into the auction house for more coins.
i would suggest picking a league and learning what certain players in certain formations will go for.
in example last year imo the most popular formation in La Liga was 4-3-3, 4-3-2-1, so i learned the prices for player in those formations
and tried to pick up deals, my go to was Diego Alves i would pick him up for 800 coins and put him back up for 1700/2000 and they would almost
always flip. there are a couple of techniques to do if you have time and there is a couple of sites that can show you avg price of players aswell

-I HATE HOW I CANT BALL HOG ON 13' NO MORE SMH lol
-The goalies really are better in this game
- Better plays in small areas too

Last edited:
I'm setting it up right now.
We have to pick an actually a league and a team. I guess for kits, stadiums and what not. The OG uMAD FC picked Chelsea. The idea is to be the PS3 counterpart, Henz0 might be getting a PS3 also
I'm personally an Arsenal fan but....I can put it on any for both so that it's random.
Also for size of the club 11-20 sound good? 1-10 is the option before and 21-30 is the next option.
I'm putting "yes" for Join Request and "no" for Public Club.
This is my first time doing this so anyone with experience does this sound okay so far?

I'm in just let me know the name of the club.

Back
Top Bottom