***OFFICIAL FEBRUARY PICK UP POST*** NO PIC QUOTING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
sdubl- needed a new hoop shoe and came across these today. my kobe VIs are getting beat. im really liking these so far :pimp: cant wait to hoop in them

Damn, this page is NICE!

Valentine's Day Pick Ups....
Birch & Ice Blue his & hers.....

Picking up our ASG joints in the morning.

absolutely...

i remember having CDP BC 3's, grabbed them cuz i just didn't care... love the overall look of BC 3's... i grew up seeing the originals with nike air, but it wasn't that big of a deal to me...

finally found a flawless DS '01 pair in 2011 for a good price, no yellowing, perfect elephant print, etc...

the feeling of unDSing them, a 10 year old shoe, never even tried on b4... the smell they still had... the quality difference... the perfect nike air on the back... after that, the jumpman on the back doesn't even look right to me...

i dunno man, maybe it's in my head, but it was the best feeling i've had wearing a pair of shoes...

only thing that compared was unDSing 1990 air base II's last year... or wearing OG black toes...

but like i said, maybe it's all in my head... maybe that's a clear sign nike has me by the cojones... :lol:

Well said.

Jordans, to me at least, represent much more to me than simply their outward appearance. It's about a feeling of nostalgia and taking me back to the playground in elementary school. I don't get that feeling if a retro isn't 100% true to the original, which is why I always end up selling off my retros with the Jumpman instead of Nike Air.

Some people understand, some people don't. There's no "right" and there's no "wrong".

Nice pick up Chiva. From pics KDs are the best of the pack... I'd like to see all of em in person tho.

Well said.

Jordans, to me at least, represent much more to me than simply their outward appearance. It's about a feeling of nostalgia and taking me back to the playground in elementary school. I don't get that feeling if a retro isn't 100% true to the original, which is why I always end up selling off my retros with the Jumpman instead of Nike Air.

Some people understand, some people don't. There's no "right" and there's no "wrong".

yeah, i think for most people, if you grew up on the OG's, and have a chance to have them as close to the OG as possible, that's what you're gonna buy...

JB forced the jumpman on the shoes once they decided to be their own entity... remember when they tried to take the swoosh off of 1's briefly and replace it with a jumpman on the side? :lol:

at least they stopped that, cuz they knew that was just horrible looking (prolly only really changed it back tho cuz sales were terrible for those)...

Nike Air was their trump card to draw back in business if sales ever went down... so i'm very surprised they're playing that card now, cuz sales are actually at an all time high...

i think they literally slapped NA on the back of these 3's and upped the price literally cuz they saw the thread here on NT about people saying they'd pay extra for NA... these 88's are slightly better quality, but not enough to justify the price increase... i don't think they're gonna start putting NA back on everything just yet, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did pull a stunt like they did with the 6's a couple years ago and dropped WC/BC 4's and BC 3's again over the next year or so with NA (like how they released "varsity" reds, got everyone's money, cuz people just settled for the closest thing they could get, then dropped an "infrared" pack, and got their money from that too, :lol: JB mega trolling LOL, proving they got everyone by the nads)... they basically just did that with these WC 3's, and nearly everyone who already has them from a couple years ago still gobbled these right up. :lol:

Hey Proto,

We agree sometimes, how about that!

Yeah, I think NA is essential to all the Jordans that originally had it. Hell, I enjoy seeing Nike Air on the insoles of pairs that never even said "Nike" on the external sneaker. I can't say I don't own any III - IV retros w/ the jumpman, but I don't value them. They're Jordans, but they're not Jordans - like the TJ Maxx shirt with the horsey is Polo, but it isn;t Lo!

That said, I'm sour about them bringing back the NA, and here's why. ...I would have loved if they never took it away. I wouldn't complain that the noobs can have Nike Air retros just like my OGs, 94s, 99s, 01s, etc. Quality speaks for itself on a bunch of other levels. But, when JB took NA off the shoes, it made its decision that NA was not an integral part of the shoe (I beg too differ, as do you). So, to bring it back now - and selectively at that, all while jacking up the price - is the ultimate money grab, the most transparent possible money grab. And, I don't mess with that. Now, if JB/Nike came out and said, look JB is under new leadership and we want to give Nike Air back to our customers, etc. and then decided to drop ALL subsequent III-VI retros w/ Nike Air WITHOUT RAISING THE PRICE, then I could say that they at least cared enough to present this decision as one made with their heart and not their wallet.

...Buy your customers dinner first before you try to stick it in - ya know!

Last edited:
Hey Proto,

We agree sometimes, how about that!

Yeah, I think NA is essential to all the Jordans that originally had it. Hell, I enjoy seeing Nike Air on the insoles of pairs that never even said "Nike" on the external sneaker. I can't say I don't own any III - IV retros w/ the jumpman, but I don't value them. They're Jordans, but they're not Jordans - like the TJ Maxx shirt with the horsey is Polo, but it isn;t Lo!

That said, I'm sour about them bringing back the NA, and here's why. ...I would have loved if they never took it away. I wouldn't complain that the noobs can have Nike Air retros just like my OGs, 94s, 99s, 01s, etc. Quality speaks for itself on a bunch of other levels. But, when JB took NA off the shoes, it made its decision that NA was not an integral part of the shoe (I beg too differ, as do you). So, to bring it back now - and selectively at that, all while jacking up the price - is the ultimate money grab, the most transparent possible money grab. And, I don't mess with that. Now, if JB/Nike came out and said, look JB is under new leadership and we want to give Nike Air back to our customers, etc. and then decided to drop ALL subsequent III-VI retros w/ Nike Air WITHOUT RAISING THE PRICE, then I could say that they at least cared enough to present this decision as one made with their heart and not their wallet.

...Buy your customers dinner first before you try to stick it in - ya know!

haha! excellent way to put it!

i'd even take the price hike if the quality was significantly better (like, using the nicer leather they used on banned 1's)... but they literally made no changes (none noticeable, i mean, the leather seems slightly better, less shiny, but about the same), except the NA on the back...

they should just stick to their guns and not put it on anymore, or like you said, at least make a statement, like "we're trying to do right by the customers, we've been listening"... but you can tell it's just a money grab, cuz they're not changing it across the board, they're doing it on specific shoes and upping the price on the strength of that alone...

is the price on all these 1's releasing with NA higher than others without? i haven't even paid attention (cuz i basically have all the 1's i want with NA, both OG's and 2001 releases, so i'm skipping all these)...

you can tell once gentry stepped down from heading up JB, these retro's with NA started popping up (the new head was prolly like, "screw this, let's get money", LOL)... but i always thought his argument was flawed, about trying to stay true to the OG collectors, cuz to me wearing shoes > collecting, and many of the OG's are completely unwearable now... so throw us a bone and keep 'em true to the OG's for those of us who love these shoes and actually wear them, but don't use it just to up sales... it's blatantly obvious that's why they're doing it, not to just "do the right thing"...

p.s. we prolly agree on a lot more than you think, we're both older and both seemed to of grown up on the same music and culture (my vinyl collection would likely impress you, i started collecting and DJing in 1996)... i just refrain from most of these debates around the forums, where as you go in full throttle... haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom