OFFICIAL FEBRUARY '14 NIKE OUTLET/WEBSITE/STORE UPDATE THREAD - DO NOT MAKE REQUESTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry - I just wanted to address something from earlier...

...there are store employees that genuinely do like sneakerheads.  They can provide great conversation during a long shift.  They would rather deal with cats with actual knowledge than have to explain to some 14-year-old why they didn't have the Toro 6s, after explaining to them the week before why they didn't get Kobe 9s.

As for profit margins - not the major concern at the outlet level.  It's about moving product, and getting as many people to walk out of there with as many items as possible.  Those are the numbers that they care about.

But, without a doubt people calling from states away at 3pm on a Saturday aren't going to get nearly the customer service that the people in the store are going to get.  That's a fact.  Sure, some outlets aren't busy even on holiday weekends, but some are.  So be mindful of that if you call during a peak time.

And, bulk buyers are just annoying.

Sorry - I just wanted to address something from earlier...

...there are store employees that genuinely do like sneakerheads.  They can provide great conversation during a long shift.  They would rather deal with cats with actual knowledge than have to explain to some 14-year-old why they didn't have the Toro 6s, after explaining to them the week before why they didn't get Kobe 9s.

As for profit margins - not the major concern at the outlet level.  It's about moving product, and getting as many people to walk out of there with as many items as possible.  Those are the numbers that they care about.

But, without a doubt people calling from states away at 3pm on a Saturday aren't going to get nearly the customer service that the people in the store are going to get.  That's a fact.  Sure, some outlets aren't busy even on holiday weekends, but some are.  So be mindful of that if you call during a peak time.

And, bulk buyers are just annoying.
this guy knows! 

Last edited:
So I'm assuming that Nike's outlets have a large amount of sales on Allstar Weekend + the holiday. Lots of sales mean empty shelves. Does that usually mean that they receive new inventory shipments soon after?

So I'm assuming that Nike's outlets have a large amount of sales on Allstar Weekend + the holiday. Lots of sales mean empty shelves. Does that usually mean that they receive new inventory shipments soon after?

outlets receive shipments regularly. they have back stockrooms to hold excess inventory.

outlets receive shipments regularly. they have back stockrooms to hold excess inventory.

Thanks. I just thought the sales might be strong enough that they would receive MORE than normal.

naw... they already have a plan. the sales you mention were pretty much expected and they discuss sales figures very frequently.

View media item 810396
For all the big footers size 14 and up disregard the kobe 8 box idk why but theres just another pair of these inside I copped the last sz 9 marshalls in oakwood plaza in Hollywood florida

When'd you call and did they say they were sold out ?
I called the Georgia store for those flyknits. It wasn't that they were sold out, just that they were on clearance and they wouldn't let me phone order them because of that. 

I called the Georgia store for those flyknits. It wasn't that they were sold out, just that they were on clearance and they wouldn't let me phone order them because of that. 
ive done tons of phone orders and damn near everything was on clearance

it really depends on who you talk to. if they are in the mood to help yah out, they will, if not tough luck. that's pretty much the name of the game. I personally try to do phone orders normally Mon-Thurs only. I try the clearance stores since these stores normally have good pricing already without the extra off during "sales". I've yet to find something that I like to get shipped to me. 3x over the past two weeks that I got a nice employee. I put down their name and when I call I ask for them. some other times, you get employees that aren't so nice so I just scratch that store for that week. LoL. what I'm really saying here is just try and the worst case they can say is no and you save some money for the next great deal. if you get the deal, awesome! :smile:

this is true right here.

honestly, the phone order stuff is really hit or miss these days. outlets used to allow phone orders and even give free shipping (remember, NIKEFIND?) because they wanted to move products. its all changed now. almost like the outlets are "feeling themselves" and feel like they don't need us Out Of Towners anymore.

Hagerstown Outlet In MD Has 30% Of Jordan XX8 Oak Hills. Comes Out Around 90 Bucks After The Discount.

Seems Like They Had A Relatively Large Range Of Sizes.

301 393-5937

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom