Official Fall/Winter Coat Thread

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Got this Lether from Express a few weeks back, love it, the sleeves are partially perforated, very light and fits like a glove

what size is that? how much?

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

laugh.gif
it's not about the money, and nyc weather isn't an excuse.  you don't see us in minneapolis dressed up like halloween when it's cold. 
oh hush, ya probably still rocking nascar jackets out there.

I swear dudes be reaching for the corniest LOLs on this site.

North face steep techs is timeless .

Cats in Minny cant dress for crap.

yall cats still be on some down south flow with da nascar 1999 joints.....

Dudes talk wild greasy.

Sorry for the lame iphone pics (sold dslr ftl), I just got this in the mail, north face gotham jacket, my true size is a medium but this is a boys XL and it fits perfect. $100 difference between men's and boys prices. No tax (for Cali. not sure bout other states) and free 2 -day shipping from backcountry.com, fur lining on hood comes off. 

Originally Posted by ninjahood

laugh.gif
it's not about the money, and nyc weather isn't an excuse.  you don't see us in minneapolis dressed up like halloween when it's cold. 
laugh.gif

I am curious. Why do people wear steep tech jackets as an everyday jacket?

Seems to me like its meant for mountain climbing not walking around the city.

Minus well get one of these.

zwchm1.jpg

JACKET

Picked this up a couple of weeks ago.... It has become my favorite jacket and i get so many compliments,the fit is
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DwyaneWadeOG

I am curious. Why do people wear steep tech jackets as an everyday jacket?

Seems to me like its meant for mountain climbing not walking around the city.

thats like saying why do people buy jordans just to walk around in instead of playing ball? see how that sounds?
grin.gif

Originally Posted by GetThisMoney

laugh.gif
at the steep tech. Dude wants to look like tron.
steep tech jackets go hard b, sound like you out da loop.
in 94 - 2001?
they stopped making steeptechs in 1997, and resurrected da line in 2003-04..what are you talking about?
grin.gif

top of da line coats/jackets as far as functionality/and looking dope are:

marmots goretex (they expanded their whole line a season or so back though)

Steeptech northface ( even though mostly north face anything is good to go)

certain spyders (always been a lil underated)

after that is w/e's cleva

people do like sports coats here...not everyone here wants to look like a metro hobo wit da tweed and houndstooth stuff from brooks brothers
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

steep tech jackets go hard b, sound like you out da loop.
in 94 - 2001?
they stopped making steeptechs in 1997, and resurrected da line in 2003-04..what are you talking about?
grin.gif

Actually in 1998, do your research before you call me out. In 2001-2002 it was cool to rock the vintage ones but by the time they re-released them, they were already phased out. Not everyone wants to look like an extreme skier on crack. 

in 94 - 2001?
grin.gif

Actually in 1998, do your research before you call me out. In 2001-2002 it was cool to rock the vintage ones but by the time they re-released them, they were already phased out.
oh, you're one of those huh.....
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

and oooo, i was off by a year...doesn't matter though, 1997 was da last apogee steep tech, that mattered..there's a reason all da retros and original designs from da 2000's all resemble and have design hints from da 97 and before.

da north face brand is plated in gold in NYC, its gonna take alot more then a bunch of thrift shoppin hipsters dressing like mountain men in hillbillie wools and second hand tathered jackets or metro sexuals in outer attire that comes with a

matching ascot for it to get taken down.

grin.gif

Actually in 1998, do your research before you call me out. In 2001-2002 it was cool to rock the vintage ones but by the time they re-released them, they were already phased out.
oh, you're one of those huh.....
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

and oooo, i was off by a year...doesn't matter though, 1997 was da last apogee steep tech, that mattered..there's a reason all da retros and original designs from da 2000's all resemble and have design hints from da 97 and before.

da north face brand is plated in gold in NYC, its gonna take alot more then a bunch of thrift shoppin hipsters dressing like mountain men in hillbillie wools and second hand tathered jackets or metro sexuals in outer attire that comes with a

matching ascot for it to get taken down.
roll.gif

Seriously though I dont know where NTers get their style sense of the world from, but not everyone looks like the dressing better thread. Elitist mentality smh

people actually wear that steep tech crap? looks like it should come with a grappling hook

buncha fu fu chi chi mon stuff in here

59 Piffy wrote:
people actually wear that steep tech crap? looks like it should come with a grappling hook

some actually did

its called dope purpose built fashionable ski gear..why else would it called the north face?
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

only NT will try to take one of da most expensive lines of one of da most ubiquitous quality brand abd try to play da "irrelevant" card.

Seriously though I dont know where NTers get their style sense of the world from, but not everyone looks like the dressing better thread.

thank god.

just copped the "staple X Penfield" bubble for 285, and a sean john toggle coat (separately) from the macys sale for 120. the sean john joint is warm as heck too

Back
Top Bottom