Official Euro 2008 Draw Selection Post (6AM EST, ESPN2)

Just incase some of you forgot, ESPN2 as well as UEFA.com will have the live selection of the draw tomorrow. 6AM est/3AM pst. Set those Tivo's!!

EDIT- ESPN2

frown.gif

i feel like i'm watching the oscars or something....

they normally go all out like this for their selection processes?

Holy crap at group C:
Netherland
Italy
Romania
France

Why does Germany always get to be in favorable groups...

Group A
Switzerland
Czech Republic
Portugal
Turkey

Group B
Austria
Croatia
Germany
Poland

Group C
Netherlands
France
Italy
Romania

Group D
Spain
Sweden
Greece
Russia

Da hell is UEFA thinking putting 3 of the top 5 European teams in the same group?
laugh.gif
If I'm Romanian I'm heated right now, 3 guaranteed losses.

Group A is also really really tough, I think Switzerland have the best shot at advancing.

zidane should come back and whoop those lil girls hes still the best in the world

portugal

czech

croatia

germany

france

netherlands

greece

russia

I dont understand why people are shocked about England, yeah they invented the sport but they really suck at it. I've been saying since the 2002 World Cupthat they are crap, most boring team on the planet.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

I dont understand why people are shocked about England, yeah they invented the sport but they really suck at it. I've been saying since the 2002 World Cup that they are crap, most boring team on the planet.

Yeah, but I lived in England for the first half of my life. I was raised on English football.
I'm a Knicks/Yankees/Jets/Giants fan so I know a lotabout heartbreaking underachievement but I mean, England has been doing this #$%* for years. How hard is it to win the games you're supposed to win?

I dont understand why people are shocked about England, yeah they invented the sport but they really suck at it. I've been saying since the 2002 World Cup that they are crap, most boring team on the planet.
Yeah because Turkey, Romania, Poland and Sweden are all much better than England.
eyes.gif
On top of that we don't have any good players, and the best club teams inthe world don't play on English soil. I would also rather watch Azebijan, they are far much more entertaining.

I see Germany making a lot of noise again this tournament.

Originally Posted by mmagic1

Yeah because Turkey, Romania, Poland and Sweden are all much better than England.
eyes.gif
On top of that we don't have any good players, and the best club teams in the world don't play on English soil. I would also rather watch Azebijan, they are far much more entertaining.

Turkey, Romania, Sweden are all more entertaining to watch than England. Plus you dont hear about how "great" they are before every match onlyto see them perform miserably for 90 minutes. And English players are so highly touted these days, just have a look at Arsenal(1 English player), Liverpool(4English players), Chelsea(5 English players), Man Utd(8 English players). Face it buddy, England is over-rated, the 4 biggest clubs in the country dont evenhave enough English players to complete a full squad.

Atleast we can agree on one thing....Germany should do well next summer.

IM SICK OF PPL SAYING ENGLAND ISNT GOOD

THEY WERE IN THE TOP 8 IN THE WORLD CUP 06

ROONEY AND TERRY WERE INJURED AND ALOT OF THERE GOOD PLAYERS DONT PLAY ANYMORE LIKE SCHOELS

Listen to Tevez, he knows what he is talking about. I agree with just about everything he said.

Kobe2NJ, shut your mouth.

England isn't bad, but they sure as hell are overrated. I guarantee you that if they played Turkey, Romania, Poland, and Sweden, they would not win all ofthose matches. I've watched just about every single Turkish national team match since I was just a little kid, and I can guarantee on a good day, they cangive England a serious run for their money.

England isn't good. If the team can't qualify against the teams they played against then well, they suck. LOL.

Spain is going to take the euros this year, cuz my boy fab, oh so fab, is going to mesmerize everyone. I will be watching every match with my !!!$ in my hand.

still sad about England not qualifying...
well i guess imma go for France now.
Does anyone know if Trezeguet is gonna play???

Originally Posted by mmagic1

eyes.gif
On top of that we don't have any good players, and the best club teams in the world don't play on English soil. I would also rather watch Azebijan, they are far much more entertaining.

that's a pretty dumb argument bringing club teams into this considering, in the English Premiere leauge, the foreign player percentage is around60%, and most of the elite teams it's even higher. So you're basing that off of teams who only have a few english players on them.
Compared to when you look at the Italian club teams who only average around 30% foreign players it's a big difference. There's simply not as muchtalent from England, playing in England.

Back
Top Bottom