Official Eminem *Recovery* post Vol. 7th studio album 6/22/10

The R Kelly line gets me every time
laugh.gif

i though relapse did 750k in the US 1st week and over 1mil worldwide 1st week? anyways, still impressive numbers considering ...

the more i listen to it, the more i like it...

25 to Life, Going Through Changes, and Seduction are my current favorites,

i also really like No Love, Space Bound, and Talking 2 Myself.

The tribute to Proof had so much potential but his singing is so awful that i can hardly listen to it...

Em is back IMO, his flow on this album is unmatched

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

I can't really get into: Seduction, Almost Famous, Cold Wind Blows... at least not as much as some of the replies on here
eek.gif

My two favorite songs on the album.

As others have said, Cold Wind Blows is like the perfect intro song. Lyrically, he WRECKS that track.
sick.gif

I will agree with you SenorRoboto that Almost Famous isn't high on my list like it is forothers. I hate the chorus. It gets skipped the most after WTP. AlmostFamous reminds me of We Made You. And I HATED that song.

- On Fire is sick. I just wish he would have used a lil something different for the chorus than "You're on fire...you're on fiiiiire". I do love the silly ad-libs though ("I'm so hot, my firetruck is on fire homie").
laugh.gif

- Space Bound is definitely an underrated track.

- Cinderella Man = Till I Collapse (Though Cinderella isn't as great as Collapse).

As previously stated, WTP is the weakest track. But I can stand to listen to it every now and then.

- Won't Back Down is the 3rd skippable track for me. It's not a HORRIBLE track. But the aggressive rock-type beat doesn't do it for me like that.

- Going Through Changes, Not Afraid, and 25 To Life are all great songs.

The singing that everyone is complaining about doesn't bother me at all. I guess cuz he's been harmonizing on his choruses for a minute now (Say Goodbye To Hollywood, Hallie's Song, Mockingbird, even as far back as Kill You), that I've gotten used to it. *shrug*

And I would have NEVER guessed Havoc did the last track.

I'm VERY pleased that Em didn't have D12, Obie, Cashis, Stat Quo, Royce, or whoever his latest buddy of the moment is on this album. I hate the obligatory "these are my boys and I'm trying to give them some shine" tracks. I wish Cam would follow that lead.
tired.gif

Oh, and add me to the list of people who thought Relapse was dope. No need to apologize for that one Em.

Encore on the other hand.............
smh.gif

Cold wind blows, Talkin 2 myself, space bound, almost famous are my favs right now....if i really really had to pick a song to skip it would be wont back down.

Originally Posted by OrenthalJames

MMLP being his best album?
eyes.gif
roll.gif

TES > MMLP = SSLP > Infinite > Recovery = Relapse > Encore

Although I enjoyed Encore.

-The Juice
MMLP is his best tho...

Not one skippable track front to back + bonus track.

TES his great but some of those tracks aint doing it.

i wonder what em sales would be if he promoted his album like jay-z did. and released a video for LTWYL w/ rihanna as a lead single?

man em needs a better promotional team

Originally Posted by BlueberryMansions7000

The first time I heard his verse on No Love
sick.gif
. Every time I thought he was going to finish, he kept going
sick.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

song is toooo nice....wayne went in too.

honestly id rather have Em release "No Love" over the one with Rihanna

Originally Posted by imINchucks5

Originally Posted by BlueberryMansions7000

The first time I heard his verse on No Love
sick.gif
. Every time I thought he was going to finish, he kept going
sick.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

song is toooo nice....wayne went in too.

honestly id rather have Em release "No Love" over the one with Rihanna
he IS releasing it. they shot the video already

im not too familiar with how much an average artist sells the first week
but its pretty obvious 600k is far above average, right?
laugh.gif

you guys think it will reach 1mill the first week though?
nerd.gif

I strongly feel like he could have easily cut the first five songs and the album would still be just as good, if not better.

From Going Through Changes to Untitled, the album is untouchable.

Back
Top Bottom