Official Coachella 2016 Thread: April 15-17, 22-24 Indio, CA. Guns N Roses? LCD Soundsytem?

Coachella is no longer about the music and more about the experience and the partying.  Wish more die hard Coachella fans would admit this.  Not knocking it, because I have been and it absolutely is a blast.  But the lineup stays getting worse every year, and people refuse to acknowledge this.

Coachella is no longer about the music and more about the experience and the partying.  Wish more die hard Coachella fans would admit this.  Not knocking it, because I have been and it absolutely is a blast.  But the lineup stays getting worse every year, and people refuse to acknowledge this.

Is that actually true though? I was one of many who didn't go this year because the lineup was lacking. Never been a hair metal guy (GnR), LCD doesn't do it for me, Calvin Harris is in Vegas every weekend.......

And yea, there's more emphasis on partying and drugs now compared to just a few years ago. I blame it on mainstream EDM, but I'm not gonna knock Goldenvoice for wanting to maximize on profits.

People have been saying "people only go to Coachella for partying and drugs" since 2005

There's amazing music all around. Yeah a lot of people only want to do those things but you don't have to be with those people. I skipped this year cause of the lineup but looking at the stream I wish I was there. It's an amazing beautiful place, one of a kind.

They are expanding the EDM artists for the crowd. But having acts like Jack U and Calvin Harris allow them to take more risks and get Sia, Underworld, The Last Shadow Puppets, etc. You don't have to go to the stages where you're surrounded by 18 year old pill heads lost in the lights.

There's amazing music all around. Yeah a lot of people only want to do those things but you don't have to be with those people.

True.

I skipped this year cause of the lineup but looking at the stream I wish I was there. It's an amazing beautiful place, one of a kind.

And true.

Back
Top Bottom