Official Childish Gambino (Donald Glover from Community) Thread - Signs multiyear deal w/ Amazon and opts out of FX partnership

I was wondering if this was going to drop in Vinyl format. Guess this will not be added to the collection..... :smh:

I went ahead and ordered it, I have both the record store day edition and the tour edition of Because the Internet, so this was needed for the collection.

For that price I'm sure it's gonna include some pretty cool stuff. Guess I'll wait and see...

I went ahead and ordered it, I have both the record store day edition and the tour edition of Because the Internet, so this was needed for the collection.

For that price I'm sure it's gonna include some pretty cool stuff. Guess I'll wait and see...

Can you post a link to where I can find this.

No problem.

It took me a few listens to get into it, but I'm really digging both tracks now. I have faith and don't think Gambino will let us down.

Because the internet and the story it tells >>> one of my favorite albums. I didn't appreciate it until I read the script he wrote for it.

I'm sure Awaken, My Love will tell a story as well. Can't wait to hear it Friday.

Last edited:
Was finna have a listen but yesterday I listened to a bunch of old stuff and kinda don't wanna listen to experimental Gambino

He still hasn't topped EP for me, but the recent projects have been good just alot songs I don't rock wit

Came upstairs, my kid in her room singing the Me and Your Mama hook playing air guitar. Very excited for this album and I'm gonna wait for Friday. Can't do my mans Bino like that.

Bout to peep this VR video thing too, ain't eem know about this.

Looking forward to listening to this in the morning.

Interested in this VR Video as well, gonna dig my Star Wars Google Cardboard out and give it a look tomorrow night since I assume music from the album is involved.

Last edited:
The production value on this album is top shelf. This is not an album for the casual fan, but that doesn't mean it's not great. Hats off to Gambino for making the album he wants to, not what people want him to.

The production value on this album is top shelf. This is not an album for the casual fan, but that doesn't mean it's not great. Hats off to Gambino for making the album he wants to, not what people want him to.

I definitely realize i'm not as big of a fan of funk than I thought lol. California is garbage but its hard for me to really comment on anything else since I don't listen to this stuff usually. I friend of mine who is a big parliment + funkadelic fan loves this project. I really wish he could've just shown off his vocals more. He's gotten much better as a singer and the last track confirms that for me.

Listen to the first two singles finally and it's just funk music. I thought it was going to be on some out of this world type of experience. Digging Me and Your Mama more than red bone. Going to give the full album a spin later.

Just downloaded the album.  Sadly, I'm at work.  Will be bumping it very soon.  I love that this sound is coming back to the forefront with some of my favorite artists

Looking forward to listening to this in the morning.

Interested in this VR Video as well, gonna dig my Star Wars Google Cardboard out and give it a look tomorrow night since I assume music from the album is involved.

Same here! :lol:

Which one did you get? I got BB-8 while my wife lucked out and got the Stormtrooper one.

Which one did you get? I got BB-8 while my wife lucked out and got the Stormtrooper one.

I ended up with the Kylo Ren.

Spent way too much time that night trying to get an order in :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
givin this album a spin right now. Havent heard either of the singles yet so everything is brand new to me. "Me & Your Mama" is amazing. anyone who wasn't feelin it needs to get their hearing checked ASAP forreal

I ended up with the Kylo Ren.

Spent way too much time that night trying to get an order in :lol: :smh:

I did the same thing! I was trying to get Kylo myself and kept ending up with BB. I figured I should stop before I end up with nothing. My wife wanted the Stormtrooper, tried once, got the Stormtrooper. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom