Official Childish Gambino (Donald Glover from Community) Thread - Signs multiyear deal w/ Amazon and opts out of FX partnership

He killed it last night. Short comedy bit and then a solid helping of music. ?uestlove rocked out on the drums for Glover's encore.

I don't normally take videos at shows, but snagged a couple songs for my site.

He killed it last night. Short comedy bit and then a solid helping of music. ?uestlove rocked out on the drums for Glover's encore.

Saw him in Williamsburg, Brooklyn last night. The opening was pretty funny. The band was great. 

Joel McHale was there last night. He walked into the crowd with a big camera, in the middle of the show while the lights were already dimmed. After the show was done, he started to motion to the back, and everyone started saying, "OMG, that's Joel McHale," and "Hey, Jeff Winger!"

Put It In My Video was my favorite song performed last night. Overall, the show was well-put together.  

Oh, and thanks for being able to make the trade, JD.

Saw him in Williamsburg, Brooklyn last night. The opening was pretty funny. The band was great. 

Joel McHale was there last night. He walked into the crowd with a big camera, in the middle of the show while the lights were already dimmed. After the show was done, he started to motion to the back, and everyone started saying, "OMG, that's Joel McHale," and "Hey, Jeff Winger!"

Put It In My Video was my favorite song performed last night. Overall, the show was well-put together.  

Been giving his music some play recently... Pretty solid.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by wildmoodswings

Of course! Worked out great man. Apparently Annie aka Alison Brie was in there as well?
pimp.gif

2zdy4on.jpg

Originally Posted by wildmoodswings

Of course! Worked out great man. Apparently Annie aka Alison Brie was in there as well?
pimp.gif

2zdy4on.jpg

Annie was there? She must have been in the back the entire time. Dudes in the crowd would have lost it if they had caught a glimpse of her. 

I wish I could have seen her in person. 
frown.gif

Annie was there? She must have been in the back the entire time. Dudes in the crowd would have lost it if they had caught a glimpse of her. 

I wish I could have seen her in person. 
frown.gif

Not sure if this was posted, but "Not Going Back" was actually used in an episode of Community. Obviously, the piano is sped up.

Not sure if this was posted, but "Not Going Back" was actually used in an episode of Community. Obviously, the piano is sped up.

so mad I missed his NY shows.. =[

he says he is going to do a special show in Brooklyn in September when his EP drops

he says he is going to do a special show in Brooklyn in September when his EP drops

Originally Posted by JD161616

Looks like we were at the same show. I'm a fan of all of Donald Glover's work; Derrick Comedy, his stand-up comedy, Community and Childish Gambino). I was at the taping for his stand-up show and thought he'd recycle the jokes for the iamdonald tour. Nope. New jokes, hilarious. Performance was amazing. Can't wait for this LP.

Great interview by the way.

Originally Posted by JD161616

Looks like we were at the same show. I'm a fan of all of Donald Glover's work; Derrick Comedy, his stand-up comedy, Community and Childish Gambino). I was at the taping for his stand-up show and thought he'd recycle the jokes for the iamdonald tour. Nope. New jokes, hilarious. Performance was amazing. Can't wait for this LP.

Great interview by the way.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Yea I read that on his twitter. Looking forward to that for sure! He said:

"Cool. So, as a present to brooklyn, when the LP is done, I wanna play it in it's entirety, LIVE, before it's released. Be on the lookout for tickets. I'm planning it now. And again, THANK YOU! "

Vllheaven - yea, it was a great show. I was out of town during his comedy special, unfortunately, but I need to catch that at some point. Looks like he's putting in work while on hiatus from Community

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Yea I read that on his twitter. Looking forward to that for sure! He said:

"Cool. So, as a present to brooklyn, when the LP is done, I wanna play it in it's entirety, LIVE, before it's released. Be on the lookout for tickets. I'm planning it now. And again, THANK YOU! "

Vllheaven - yea, it was a great show. I was out of town during his comedy special, unfortunately, but I need to catch that at some point. Looks like he's putting in work while on hiatus from Community

Back
Top Bottom