Official Chicago Bulls Offseason Thread

Damn no Noah! My man got the heart of a lion but can't stay healthy. Love is gonna go HAM on the boards. I hope we can pull this one out.

Glad to see the Beatdown Bulls are doing work on the court tonight
pimp.gif

Bill Laimbeer is a hater, but what do you expect? He'll probably hate the Bulls until the day he dies (just like Craig Ehlo must still hate Mike)
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by zack54attack

Boozer has stepped it up...

I still hate Bogans though

tired.gif

Bogans man thats why i was so irked we missed out on JJ

edit - i hope Rose sits out the rest of the game while we hold this lead

Everyone hates Bogans but at least he's not a black out. He doesn't shot much like Salmons or BG7. Not a liability on defense or selfish.

Noah's not mister glass. Just bad luck. Dude tore a ligament in his thumb, knew he was going to have surgery but still played like 10 games on it anyway.

Boozer's glass. I can't see him playing through any kinda injury. He gets hurt, he's staying out lol.

How's bad the ankle injury?

*edit

Googled.  I'm sure if today was a playoff game Noah would've played.  Just getting people healthy for the playoffs.

8 games left. 
pimp.gif

I know everybody is entitled to their own opinion, but this Cowherd guy is just plain hatin'

Just watch and listen...

What hype, Cowherd?... Bulls in first place so there's no hype

Bulls beat Heatles "twice"...

Heat had injuries? to who?... Have they lost both Bosh and Wade for 3 months each, NO!

There's no HYPE about D.Rose seriously being considered for MVP...

I just wish sometimes that they give MVP to LeBron this year and let us see come playoff time who gets to the Finals...

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by Peteweezy

^ They might not lie but they can be skewed to fit peoples agendas though.

Exactly what I was going to say.
Sorry, this is really late but I'm out of the country this whole week.  I co-sign with this 100%, and I work for a metrics-based company.  A wise gentleman who relied on statistics during a pretty tough time in his day once said:

http://www.iwise.com/Winston_ChurchillStatistics are like a drunk with a lamppost: used more for support than illumination.

-Sir Winston Churchill

This pretty much sums up and validates the points of view, Cake.

Go Bulls..and DRose 2011 MVP

My issue was never with numbers. My issue was with John Hollinger.

My point was that Hollinger doesn't endorse the Bulls because he's a Bulls fan. He endorses them because his computer literally gives them the best chance to win. IDk which one of you guys posted the tables that update themselves after every game that Hollinger has created. Post it up again if you have it?

He's strictly a numbers person. If the computer says in two weeks the Heat have the best chance he'll probably be making an article about how he's picking the Heat to go to the finals.

Originally Posted by amel223

My issue was never with numbers. My issue was with John Hollinger.

My point was that Hollinger doesn't endorse the Bulls because he's a Bulls fan. He endorses them because his computer literally gives them the best chance to win. IDk which one of you guys posted the tables that update themselves after every game that Hollinger has created. Post it up again if you have it?

He's strictly a numbers person. If the computer says in two weeks the Heat have the best chance he'll probably be making an article about how he's picking the Heat to go to the finals.
Sorry amel, I didn't read that far back and I'm not singling you out at all.  I didn't know Hollinger was a Bulls fan. 

My issue is with all the stat-based proponents, aka numbers people, strictly using these statistics purely as the base for their arguments for or against a particular MVP candidate, when the parameters for the MVP voting are not even clearly defined.  That's why I posted that Churchill quote.  Anyone can state an argument, comb for statistics that support that argument and voila, you've got an article.  In my opinion it may be intriguing, but not very enlightening.

I applaud the use of statistics, however I feel they're just a part of a broad set of factors that need to be considered when trying to determine who the true MVP is.  At the end of the day, though it'd be nice if the NBA set some more specific criteria for determining who the rightful MVP is, I'd be totally surprised of Rose doesn't win it.   

I agree with you numbers are not the entire game. when I said that numbers don't lie I was more so referring to the win loss record

No, John Hollinger isn't a Bulls fan.  That was my whole point..

But nvm my post was useless I thought you were referring to something else, CA. 

Sorry fellas, the time difference is affecting my reading comprehension and posting ability 
laugh.gif

On a more serious note, I read someone making a point about Booz playing better with KT because KT spaces out better with his mid-range jumper than Noah.  What do y'all think?

Originally Posted by therenegade23

Originally Posted by ColdCity

Originally Posted by therenegade23

Any of you going to any bars for the Bulls-Celtics?
Joe's on Weed St.
How is that place? I've never been to it just heard of it

it great was there for the bulls-heat & it was loud
pimp.gif
any other chi NT'ers wanna/planning on coming to joes for the c's game drop me a PM & i can get a bigger table if needed.......

Back
Top Bottom