Official Chicago Bears [4-3] vs. Philadelphia Eagles [3-4] Game Thread. MNF 11/7

Pass rush pass rush pass rush.......period. Bears got to Vick last time we played. Yall dont scare me. That being said, should be a highly competitive game.

Julius Peppers chasing MV7 all over the field
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
soo much %+##@++ speed on that field come kickoff

Going to be a great Monday Night Game.....

DAAAAAAAAAAAAA BEARS
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by RetroSan

Bears are gonna focus either on the intermediate routes and get scorched or stop the deep ball and get attacked with 10-12 play drives

31-17 Eagles
Edit: What happened to  the Bear fans here? 
nerd.gif

Only thing is, if the Bears keep safeties deep like the Cowboys did to take away the deep ball, it comes down to can the linebackers stop the intermediate game. I say that to say this ... Urlacher & Briggs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Brooking & James.

Michael Vick Has Never Beaten The Bears
by JasonB

Whether he was the QB here or in Atlanta, Michael Vick does not have a win against the Chicago Bears as a starter. He's 0-4 in fact. He did play a small part in the Eagles 2009 win over the Bears, but that was back when he was the wildcat/gimmick understudy to Donovan McNabb. Plus, three of these losses came back in his ATL days and we know he's obviously a different player.

Still, it is an interesting stat and Vick was asked today why he's had trouble beating this particular franchise?
"I mean, they play a nice, tight, sound, disciplined scheme, and it's something that they've always been good at. And it's a ‘bend but don't break' mentality and they find ways to get it done, and in the past that's happened. So hopefully - I'm definitely confident this time I'll give ourselves the best chance to win the football game. And you know it's going to be tough but we have to put forth our best effort."

That "tight, disciplined scheme" he refers to the is "Tampa Two" which generally does a good job taking away deep passes. That's worked very well against the Eagles in the past, but as we saw last week they've started to be very effective against teams that try to scheme away their big play ability. TE Clay Harbor thinks the Eagles run game will force the Bears to play less of the big play prevention defense they've played this season.
"Chicago runs a tampa two mixed with some cover three, and I think this year they have gone a little more with three-deep safeties than they have in the past. Against us in the past, they have run more tampa two to take away our big plays. With our run game the way it is now, I don't think they'll be able to do that tampa two scheme as much and they'll move the linebackers in a little bit tighter to open up the pass game. A lot of times if you get after them with the two-deep, they'll move to the three-deep look more."

link:
http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2011/11/3/2536373/michael-vick-has-never-beaten-the-bears

Not guaranteeing a win or anything like that, but why do people mention lifetime records between 2 teams? Unless the 2 teams playing have the same exact players as they did the last time they play, I can give a damn less if the Eagles are 10-0 against them or 0-10...The Eagles were 5-0 against the Giants the last 5 times they played them and they lost when they played them early this season.

The Eagles had a terrible secondary when they played the Bears last time and the Bears defense was much better than it currently is. The Bears defense is ranked 28th against the pass. Matt Forte is the #1 rusher on the team (obviously) but he's also the #1 receiver on the team. Literally 50+% of their offensive yards are gained through Forte. Focus on stopping Forte and besides Hester, there aren't many threats down the field.

Bears don't have a chance if Forte doesn't do well. Our stopping the run issue should be solved with the adjustments we made on the line. Should be a fun game.

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

i agree it doesn't really matter about previous records.. other than for superstitious reasons.. just posted the article cause i thought it was interesting

our games against the giants show that.. considering how some of them have ended

but it does make sense considering the defenses that the bears have had.. and the scheme they run (cover 2.. with fast LBers and 1 gap tackles and speedy DEs)  always seemed to give vick problems (jim johnson's eagles, bucs and bears)

I agree that the scheme will give Vick troubles, but I don't think it will be as bad as in the past..Urlacher in his prime was a MONSTER..He still is an excellent defender but nowhere near what he once was..Don't think it will be a shoot out for either team, but I think the Eagles will come out confident as hell after that Sunday Night game and if they score first, they'll come out firing the rest of the game.

our defense (as of now) is significantly better than last year when Cutler went of
sick.gif
, i think Forte was putting in work to
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

this year Vick knows how to make pre-snap reads (kinda) and that could probably be a factor, our running game has gotten even better

unless we goof and turnover the ball OD, this should be a win (hopefully)

on another note, they need to pay Forte consider he's the major bright spot on that team

Don't forget that the eagles o-line is beginning to gel, and the run game is peaking as well. What worries me in this game is not Forte, but the gutsiness of Cutler. Dude can make some amazing plays and has the ability to extend the play, and make throws on the run while his body is contorted. His gunslinger mentality can either make or break this game, so it's important the front 4 of the eagles keep pressure on him the whole night. I would like to see nnamdi on knox, DRC on hester(even though DRC said we wouldn't see this matchup), and 'sante on roy. I know we shouldn't be too concerned about the bears WR's but I feel like speedsters like hester and knox might give guys like asante and our safeties problems with double moves(hopefully cutler doesn't have enough time for the routes to develop though). Djack has been quite lately, i'm expecting a big game from him. LEH GO!!!

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

we gotta pull it out tonight to keep pace
This.  Let's get this win tonight and then win next week vs the Cards and root for the 49ers to beat the G-Men before the Nov 20game at the Meadowlands.

Mike Vick get your first win against the Bears please.

Originally Posted by RetroSan

Edit: What happened to  the Bear fans here? 
nerd.gif

On behalf of all Bears fans, my apologies for not posting in a game thread 5 days in advance. I forgot that's what fans do.

Legggo eagles. Asante gonna let a couple go probably..but our offense is just too much.. eagles by 2 td's [peace

Back
Top Bottom