Official Celtics vs. Sixers Playoffs Series Thread (BOS wins 4-3) On to the ECF...

I criticize the Celtics, but lets be real Kevin Garnett played amazing in that game. Look at his stat like, 28,14, & 5? very impressive. NBA Legend %%+$

Boston had a hard time with the Hawks, who lets face it. They suck. The Sixers whooped them 3 times this season and went 2-1 vs the celtics. Not saying the sixers will win, but it wont be that easy

Originally Posted by blakep267

Boston had a hard time with the Hawks, who lets face it. They suck. The Sixers whooped them 3 times this season and went 2-1 vs the celtics. Not saying the sixers will win, but it wont be that easy
Hawks do not suck with Horford in there.

This. Even though those wins were earlier in the year, we can give Boston a run for their money. Either way, I am rooting for the winner of this series to win it all.

Their front court is a lot scarier with Josh Smith and Horford then Phillys is. I think we matchup better with you guys.

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

I criticize the Celtics, but lets be real Kevin Garnett played amazing in that game. Look at his stat like, 28,14, & 5? very impressive. NBA Legend %%+$
pimp.gif
 I'm saying man and he used to go harder than this in Minnesota 
30t6p3b.gif
.  KG is gonna abuse Brand and Hawes.  Celtics in 6.  If Rondo, Pierce, and KG, all ball out, Celts in 5. 

lets be real, the Sixers are a streaky team at best. they had a hard time winning last night against a injury plagued Bulls, what makes you think they'll actually beat the Celtics? they certainly wont do it by settling for 3s in the second half of each game.

Originally Posted by sthebest

lets be real, the Sixers are a streaky team at best. they had a hard time winning last night against a injury plagued Bulls, what makes you think they'll actually beat the Celtics? they certainly wont do it by settling for 3s in the second half of each game.

The Bulls play much harder defense than the Celtics do. So it makes sense the sixers would have a little better time scoring

Celtics in 5

This isn't a regular season game, the C's will dead that run and gun game that Philly wants to play. I could see it going 6 games, but Boston really has the best home court advantage crowd in the NBA. We always show up when were at home.

Rondo and Bradley are gonna lock down the Sixers guards,

Pierce=AI

Bass + KG>>>Philly's frontline

Game 1 - Sat May 12at Boston 8:00PMTNT
Game 2 - Mon May 14 at Boston 7:00PMTNT
Game 3 - Wed May 16at Philadelphia 7:00PMTNT
Game 4 - Fri May 18at Philadelphia TBDESPN
Game 5 * Mon May 21at Boston TBDTNT
Game 6 * Wed May 23at Philadelphia TBD ESPN
Game 7 * Sat May 26at Boston TBD TBD

Series looks like a snoozefest on paper.
laugh.gif

Unless Rondo has a couple of 17pts 16 reb 20 ast. type games.

Celtics win in at most 5 games IMO.

I want the Sixers to win. Hopefully they can run all over BOS and keep it a bit uptempo while playing good defense to keep the game in the 30s at the half and 70s in each game since they're not the best at offense.

Team will need huge and consistent performances from Hawes, Lou, and Iggy. Jrue, Evan, and Meeks need to be solid too.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

I want the Sixers to win. Hopefully they can run all over BOS and keep it a bit uptempo while playing good defense to keep the game in the 30s at the half and 70s in each game since they're not the best at offense.

Team will need huge and consistent performances from Hawes, Lou, and Iggy. Jrue, Evan, and Meeks need to be solid too.

sick.gif

Originally Posted by toine2983

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

sick.gif
laugh.gif
I never said it'd be pretty or fun to watch. To me that was Philly key to winning even if that team was healthy. Keep the scoring low and make it an ugly defensive battle. I honestly feel they can get away with doing it against the Celts, their clutchness and Rondo will be the main problems.

Ray-Rip
Pierce-Deng
Garnett-Boozer
Bass-Noah/Asik/Gibson

Besides the point guard situation with Rondo, the Bulls and Celtics both have pretty similar looking starting lineups. The Celtics just don't have much of a bench at all which is gonna make it tough for them. If it wasn't for JL3 and Gibson we would have came damn close to sweeping the Bulls last series. Both of those dudes came in the game and went on scoring streaks when the Bulls starters couldn't hit %+%*. I don't see anyone on the Celtics bench that has the potential to do that. And Thad and Lou should have a lot better series against the Celtics bench. I'm gonna need to see Turner be aggressive again to start off this series to give us a legit chance though. And just because he hit the game winning free throws better not mean Iggy is going to turn back into Kobedala and stray away from his rich man's Tony Allen role. We need Jrue and Evan attacking, Lou and Meeks hitting three's, Thad to get his game back on track and Iggy to play lockdown D on Pierce. Brand has gotta keep playing great defense as well, if Garnett plays like he did this past series it could get ugly for him.

Im just waiting for Pierce to go down because of his bad knee (which is inevitable) and everybody to come in and say the Celtics werent at full strength Blah blah blah

Back
Top Bottom