Official CAR AUDIO Thread FAQ added

I want to install a new head unit in my car, is it necessary for me to disconnect the car battery? I'm really not trying to get electrocuted.

well if you arent familiar with wiring then yeah I would disconnect the battery , better safe then sorry

edit* I just realized that I never posted a picture of my setup, I'll take care of it when I get off work

I hope the battery doesn't spray me in the face with that acidic *+*. Pause. I really just want to plug the joint in and go. Why do they make it socomplicated? They need to have like an HDMI cable that lets you just connect that *+* and be on your way

Hey NT..not to familiar with systems so I'm doing my h.w. Ty for the knowledge guys. I have an altima 07 and was wondering what u guys suggestions are.Looking for sound quality not too much bass..

Hey NT..not to familiar with systems so I'm doing my h.w. Ty for the knowledge guys. I have an altima 07 and was wondering what u guys suggestions are.Looking for sound quality not too much bass..

any of you car audio gurus know how I would go about installing two speakers in the grill.

I want two 6.5's, two 6x9's, and two 12" subs, then two 6.5 marine speakers in the grill with a switch for each one to turn the speakers in thegrill off/on without disrupting the rest of the system.

I just need an idea of how the wiring will go for example.

headunit
>A. amp 1
>>a. front right (6.5)
-(switch #1)-
>>>I. right marine speaker in the grill
>>b. front left (6.5)
-(switch #2)-
>>>II.left marine speaker in the grill
>>c. rear right (6x9)
>>d. rear left (6x9)
>B. amp 2
>>a. sub 1
>>b. sub 2

I'd like something like this

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

and you need speakers in the grill because?

just another form of stuntin, but really it sounds a 1000x's better when you're kickin it outside of your car and tryin to listen to music.

the eq's in modern decks is more than enough...no need for a pre eq

i did a sq system in a lincoln i had and i had a audio control eq for each side running as 3 way dyn audio component set with a eclipse head unit up front andthere was def a huge difference in sound with the audio control as opposed to the hu options..

http://www.youtube.com/v/TPRrJqsOm2c&hl=en&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/TPRrJqsOm2c&hl=en&fs=1& http://www.youtube.com/v/TPRrJqsOm2c&hl=en&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/TPRrJqsOm2c&hl=en&fs=1&
smh.gif

Originally Posted by dabossofbosses

the eq's in modern decks is more than enough...no need for a pre eq

i did a sq system in a lincoln i had and i had a audio control eq for each side running as 3 way dyn audio component set with a eclipse head unit up front and there was def a huge difference in sound with the audio control as opposed to the hu options..

I always wanted to do a active 3 way setup with some 10's in the doors.

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

smh.gif
sick.gif

^they were 8s in the doors a 3.5 midrange and a tweeter... also had a mcintosh 12 n the back with mcintosh amp and a diamond 6 channel running the mids midbassand highs.. i sold the car with the system and regret it to this day i was being lazy and didnt feel like pulling it all out.. also had a kinetik battery inthe back as well even though i wasnt running much powerr figured it coundt hurt since i had a few left over from a spl build i did not end up usining all ofthem.. i have pics somewhere on a external hd if i find them ill post..

ya i read that in some of your previous posts... i had at the same time two jl audio w7 13.5s with a arc audio to each i forget the model number of the amps..with a us amps running the interiors... damn local spot built me a terrible box that i paid a grip for ended up only getting like low 140s with the system wheni should of hit alot harder...

i later switched to two jl 1000/1s and wasnt as happy with them as the arcs.. so point being i had a spl wanted to see what sq was all about.

I feel you. i got a sq setup in my mothers car and while it sounds amazing, it just isn't my thing. i need earth shattering lows and ear piercing highs
laugh.gif

This is what's in there

Pioneer 880prs
mach audio mli 65 mids
scan speak illuminator tweeters
jl audio 600/4(traded an ssa icon for it)
10" ssa icon in a 1.5 cube ported box tuned to 27hz
phoenix gold xenon 600.1
FULLY deadened doors, trunk lid, and trunk.

2 XCON 18" D1s box is 12.5ft^3 159in^2 port tuned to 32.5hz
1 SAZ-3000D
Not sure what mids
1 SAX-100.4
2 KINETIK 2400s.

Originally Posted by i3allistic

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

You would never need to upgrade with a setup like that
and u would never have cargo room
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif