Official CAR AUDIO Thread FAQ added

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

damn, those need 2 cubes each

would 4-4.2 fit?
Not sure about cubes. Explain, so I'll know.

What do I need to know about building sub boxes?

I'm on SSA/Car Audio/SMD, just too lazy to go post on there.
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif

I know guys in Team Sundown/Team Nemesis, they'll get me right with custom boxes.

They own that Team Sundown Explorer with 12-18" Sundown Nightshades and 12-2000D amps.

They know what they're doing with this audio thing.

Said he'll sell me a Sundown 1000D or 1200D once I upgrade.

should be fairly loud, in whatever setup I finalize, I dont want my power to exceed 2.5-3k rms mainly because in a DD trunk car, anything more than that isjust insane. To most people 2c12s on 800 watts is insane tho lol

SO i ended up trading my l7 + 30 bucks for a 12 w6v2.

i didnt like the w6 because it just wasnt loud enough and it couldnt take much power, so i found someone on CL and i traded the w6 for 12 inch type x.

do oyu think i made a good deal?

just on a side note, the dude that had the type x 's system was CRAZY. he had some sick as mids and high and like 4 12 inch l7.

loudest ive ever heard

Here's a video of me in the Team Sundown Explorer with 12-18" Sundown Nightshades and 12-2000D Sundown amps + 2 - 100.4 mid/high amps.

BEASTY.

Young Jeezy - Air Forces [Slowed down].

Originally Posted by kobe82410

SO i ended up trading my l7 + 30 bucks for a 12 w6v2.

i didnt like the w6 because it just wasnt loud enough and it couldnt take much power, so i found someone on CL and i traded the w6 for 12 inch type x.

do oyu think i made a good deal?

just on a side note, the dude that had the type x 's system was CRAZY. he had some sick as mids and high and like 4 12 inch l7.

loudest ive ever heard
that was an extremely dumb move
smh.gif
it was most likely in a @++*%%box..

Originally Posted by Treb2k5

Here's a video of me in the Team Sundown Explorer with 12-18" Sundown Nightshades and 12-2000D Sundown amps + 2 - 100.4 mid/high amps.

BEASTY.

Young Jeezy - Air Forces [Slowed down].

i would NOT be in that truck @ all.
roll.gif
sick.gif
. The damn driver door was freakin opening
sick.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

I was gonna go for a 15 re se but idk, will a 12 do work?

Upgrading from 2-10" type r's
whats wrong with the r's? not loud enough? tune higher..
they're not loud enuff. I know i got a **%!#! ++% box but still idk
tired.gif
. i need/want more slap n da whip. they do sound like they got no kind ofbreathing room, my homie at the shop been tryna sell me a 40hz box for $100, but im like
grin.gif

i think i should cop, what u think?

Steve Meade is a true do-it-yourself type of guy with this car audio thing.

He's open minded and doesn't mind trying out new things to see if they work or not.

And...the fact that he's a regular guy like you and me with a regular job and does car audio in his spare time...even more motivation.

SMD!

Props. Sick setup.

Originally Posted by Treb2k5

Steve Meade is a true do-it-yourself type of guy with this car audio thing.

He's open minded and doesn't mind trying out new things to see if they work or not.

And...the fact that he's a regular guy like you and me with a regular job and does car audio in his spare time...even more motivation.

SMD!

Props. Sick setup.
all that rockford !#*# he get's for free so meh
grin.gif

If you gave SMD setup to a regular guy on the street who has a system from local audio shop...I HIGHLY doubt he'd know about installing all that.

Extra batteries, alternators, tuning boxes, setting gains, wiring, fiberglass, speaker placement, and everything else SMD has to his setup to make sureit's not only LOUD as hell, but it's properly installed as well.

It's not hard

just takes alot of time
I've been trying too built a custom box w/ fiberglass ...but knowing it takes alot of time and my buddy dont have time too teach me how to laythe fiberglass ...i just said iff it
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom