***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

If you're referring to Yachty, he doesn't bring up their music. People constantly ask him why he doesn't listen to 25 year old music at the age of 19. I would be annoyed and say inflammatory **** too if I had Ns like y'all acting like there's some set rules to being a rapper, like dudes have to pass a Hip Hop history class to do this ****. That's lame as hell.

The rap game is a lot like the streets. There's a lot of young guys running things and sometimes not everything done in the past is gonna be respected. And it is what it is.

No it's not.

If you've read the book you would know he spoke on those lines, I ain't misinterpret nothing. He said while Talib and Common are good technical lyricists there's a difference in being a good lyricist and making good songs. He also said even the best lyrics won't appeal to a widespread audience if they're not matched with a big song. These are all his words not mine.

He's spoke on those lines a bunch of times tho. He said with Reasonable Doubt he didn't know **** about making "music", after that he learned how to, in his own words, "turn it on and off" in regards to the lyrics.

One of the main _'s y'all worship than told y'all if you wanna make money lyrics ain't the end all be all. But then y'all turn around and start talking about these new dudes just in it for the money  :lol:  

By your own admission Jay had a balance. That's the point. Balance. Some records for the radio, some records that show that he can actually rap.

No projects entirely one way or the other. He never did nor said that ****** should completely ignore bars everytime they make a project.

So quoting those lines & saying that others shouldn't complain about these youngins today, completely misconstrues the essence of what Jay said AND did himself.

Last edited:
Idiot...Yachty and Uzi and to a lesser extent Herb, 21 Savage, Migos, ect...all young guys who's services are utilized by a lot of guys nowadays. It isn't just about the mainstream, popular guys. These dues get listens just as much as anybody right now.

As a die hard hip hop fan, I really do understand where y'all are coming from but feeling slighted and demanding these young dudes "respect" older hip hop is just really dumb to me. Because I'm quite sure at that age y'all didn't want anybody telling you **** about your generation's music. So again, it is what it is.

And nah I didn't download that bull ****, but what does that have to do with anything :lol:

this is EXACTLY the attitude that is hurting this culture. I'm not saying the new generation has to Know, memorize or like the older music, because i was born in 88 and a lot of early 90's **** doesn't do anything for me. However how is it a lot to ask people who are involved in the culture to RESPECT the culture feeding them. Saying **** everything before my time and showing no respect ***** things up all across the board.

If you've read the book you would know he spoke on those lines, I ain't misinterpret nothing. He said while Talib and Common are good technical lyricists there's a difference in being a good lyricist and making good songs. He also said even the best lyrics won't appeal to a widespread audience if they're not matched with a big song. These are all his words not mine.

He's spoke on those lines a bunch of times tho. He said with Reasonable Doubt he didn't know **** about making "music", after that he learned how to, in his own words, "turn it on and off" in regards to the lyrics.

One of the main _'s y'all worship than told y'all if you wanna make money lyrics ain't the end all be all. But then y'all turn around and start talking about these new dudes just in it for the money  :lol:  

You would have a point if Jay wasn't lyrical. You acting like Jay went from Reasonable Doubt to just catchy radio music. He learned how to make singles that will crossover. That's it. And in a lot of his singles he still had lyrics and substance (Hardknock Life and Izzo). He just found out how to make hustler music crossover. That's a big *** difference from dudes coming in now saying "I don't take this serious" "I know I can't rap". Then there's fans that will claim that artist who admitted himself he's trash, can rap. :lol: These dudes should just admit their admit in it for a chain and smash some strippers.

Dudes like Jeezy and Ross are perfect examples of rappers who came in with the bangers, wasn't much as far as rapping but kept getting better. Lyrics ain't eveything but you gotta have some type of skill.

Last edited:
I mean, I feel like this whole "no respect" narrative came out of him saying he doesn't like it nor listen to it. People ran with that and made it seem it like he didn't respect the culture based on that. The disrespectful part came from after you got guys shoving the whole "you need to like this and that" in his face. Now he's saying **** just because he knows it gets under people's skin.

If that's not what YOU'RE saying, cool, I'm not speaking about you then. I'm referring to these guys who sit here and act like if these rappers don't know about old school hip hop that automatically makes them a lesser artist. It doesn't.

no him being a lesser artist makes him a lesser artist.

Vince staples had sentiments very similar to this, def used it to troll & nobody looked at him as a problem in Rap because he creates quality product. Yachty does not.

is Jay not considered one of the best Lyricist of all times tho... Jay-Z version of "dumbed" down gives you songs like Fallen, Allure, Meet The Parents etc etc. Jay has NEVER not cared about Lyrics, he simplified them to appeal to the average listener a bit. Jays weakest verses would read to Hieroglyphics compared to some of these new ******.

Also saying lyrics isn't the end all be all doesn't equate to saying lyrics in music don't matter at all. The fact that you are comparing Jay who at this point has become a pillar in hiphop culture and who's MUSIC alone has helped build and improve hiphop to ****** who literally go in the booth and say the first thing in their heads on a beat shows me that you have an agenda in here.
Lmao what's my agenda then? I'll listen to Tragedy, put on Uzi and Key! and then backdoor with some Doom, or the Internet or the new JR Writer tape, etc. I listen to all different types of **** from all different types of genres. The only agenda I have is that I don't believe there's any rules when it comes to making this art ****.

Also, I wasn't really trying to compare Jay at all but rather the message. Like I said in here a few pages back, Jay is in an arena by himself when it comes to giving you bars but still making it accessible. Still yet, there was plenty of his fans who felt like he had consciously dumb his **** down to appeal to a more common denominator so he spoke on it and admitted it. And then explained it multiple times....he had to get to that bag.

Those lines are kinda a flex because his dumb down **** is still better than A LOT of dudes but at the end of the day he's still saying he put the money over the art. If it wasn't Jay saying that dudes would look at it as some sell out type stuff. There's a lot of OG's who would tell you this **** was never intended to appeal to everybody in the first place.
no him being a lesser artist makes him a lesser artist.

Vince staples had sentiments very similar to this, def used it to troll & nobody looked at him as a problem in Rap because he creates quality product. Yachty does not.
Hell nah bro _'s KILLED Vince on the internet. Dudes said he was "lost", a sellout, tap dancing for the white hipsters aka the Fader/Pitchfork crowd, etc. It's funny because if they had actually heard his music they would know it's furthest thing from the truth.

Dudes like Vince and Lupe are giving us gold and flopping. Yachty come out with his **** and eat all over the country. And you wonder why dudes shy away from that type of **** if they tryna go mainstream. I mean Jay already gave us the game 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Y'all still in here arguing with these crack babies ?
laugh.gif
I gave up a long time ago I suggest you fellas do the same.
C'mon bro 
laugh.gif

This music forum basically dead compared to what it used to be so even tho I know y'all _'s not gonna agree with half the **** I say I still appreciate any and everybody who willing to actually discuss some **** on here

Last edited:
If you was born between 85-95 and from the hood good chance you a crack baby. We all the same. :lol:

Not surprised vlad bumps Yachty :lol:

Last edited:
Speak for yaself, no crack in my system.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom