***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

It's always so weird to me when I see people talking about boosie gucci webbie dro etc... The guys are so trash to me and I love hip hop, but I guess they'd think who i listened to would be trash also. 

Artist like that have some much negative energy I just cant resonate with. 

Just stated this because im sure a lot of others are thinking it. 

Well who do you listen to? Just curious. The "negative energy" part about them isn't true though.

It's always so weird to me when I see people talking about boosie gucci webbie dro etc... The guys are so trash to me and I love hip hop, but I guess they'd think who i listened to would be trash also. 

Give me 5 hip hop artists that you are listen to now
Black Thought Pretty much the roots

yasiin

oddisee

Random Kanye mostly old stuff

Cudi

Im not trying to hate, I get why people like them and why their fans exist. Just when people start talking about how nice their flows are, it just donest make sense to me. 

I'm not about that life, so I get why there music doesnt resonate, but its when others who arent about that life either praise that music like they can understand that life and have actually lived it when they didnt. Thats where the games wrong to me. 

I will give you the rest... But the Guwop slander will not be tolerated! :smh:

Last edited:
I guess u gotta be raised in a certain environment to understand that kind of music. Its like u can relate to it cuz u seen that **** your whole life. Yasiin and black thought cool, great lyricist hell poets to an extent but thats just not my type of music. Respect it but imma pass on it, just doesn't relate to me or bring out any kind of emotion with me.

Only really liked webbie first album...dro fell off after his first album ...only liked random boosie tracks but his first mainstream album was :pimp:

I've been rocking with Gucci since 2005 when trap house dropped. I was literally like the only dude up here in NC rocking with him then. :lol: hell even when 'hard to kill' dropped ****** was still sleeping

these days I don't give these newer southern "trap" artist any chance because I have a low tolerance for their music. I will say I like young thug music for some reason but overall I'm not into these new southern artist like I was when I was 18.

I gave everybody a chance back then. Especially if they had a hot track on a Dj smallz southern smoke mixtape

I really never got the Boosie hype personally, but I've heard very little. I'm assuming Wipe Me Down and that other single he had aren't great representations of him.

I somewhat agree with Mr. Marcus, I dont listen to boosie and Webbie anymore since I was younger. But I will say that when you live in the same city as these dudes knowing that they are about that life, old heads telling you stories(just became a culture at one point in the city).  Got a better understanding of what going on outside of the burbs.

When that Jigg city video came out it was a rap 
pimp.gif

You didnt get down with any of the dude from Cash Money when they had their run? 

I really never got the Boosie hype personally, but I've heard very little. I'm assuming Wipe Me Down and that other single he had aren't great representations of him.
I like these two from booise. That wipe me down was some club **** not more than that.

Ehhh, we all listen to terrible music. Boosie, Gucci and Jeezy aren't trash. I always liked southern music because their lines were catchy and funny as hell along with some hard *** beats. Never been anywhere near the south but C-Murder one of my favorite rappers. He could paint some violent *** pictures. Gucci got one of the best flows I've ever heard. Young Jeezy is funny as hell to me. Field Mob could rap their *** off. Three 6 Mafia is one of the greatest groups of all time. Loved how they would use songs from horror movies and sample them. Legendary production and funny lyrics. I don't really mess with the new south. Future, Rich Homie, Wayne's new ****, K Camp. None of that is for me.

Only really liked webbie first album...dro fell off after his first album ...only liked random boosie tracks but his first mainstream album was :pimp:

I've been rocking with Gucci since 2005 when trap house dropped. I was literally like the only dude up here in NC rocking with him then. :lol: hell even when 'hard to kill' dropped ****** was still sleeping

these days I don't give these newer southern "trap" artist any chance because I have a low tolerance for their music. I will say I like young thug music for some reason but overall I'm not into these new southern artist like I was when I was 18.

I gave everybody a chance back then. Especially if they had a hot track on a Dj smallz southern smoke mixtape

Son, "Trap House" was around the time Young Jeezy took over. No one wanted to hear Gucci. I remember thinking "Icy" was kind of dope so I downloaded the album the day it came out. Played it twice that day and went to the store that night to buy it. I DIDN'T KNOW A SINGLE PERSON, in the state of NY or VA that was even willing to listen the CD. Didn't care what I said, wouldn't even listen. Only wanted to hear Jeezy. That's still one of my favorite albums, can play it all the way through still :x

I guess u gotta be raised in a certain environment to understand that kind of music. Its like u can relate to it cuz u seen that **** your whole life. Yasiin and black thought cool, great lyricist hell poets to an extent but thats just not my type of music. Respect it but imma pass on it, just doesn't relate to me or bring out any kind of emotion with me.
I see.

That's part of the reason I like black thought. Growing up in philly, he watched all the stuff going on around him like your POV possibly was. He incorporates all that into his music in a way thats positive and usable. Just laceration lyrics, empowering anecdotes, some everyday man type ****. 

I will give you the rest... But the Guwop slander will not be tolerated!
mean.gif
I had to look up who that was. lol I think im just to lost in the sauce for dude. 

Talks about "negative energy" then says he listens to Cudi :rofl:

Guess that logic only applies to "dealers" not u emo users :lol:

I'm not about that life, so I get why there music doesnt resonate, but its when others who arent about that life either praise that music like they can understand that life and have actually lived it when they didnt. Thats where the games wrong to me.

This is beyond stupid. You do not have to be about that life, from a certain place or a certain background to like someones music.

With a lot of these artists (Gucci,Future, Migos ESPECIALLY) overrating/hyping them up is the thing to do now a days I see it on twitter a lot and I guess it makes its way offline too. Some have horrible taste the rest is hyperbole.

:pimp:

Last edited:
:lol: :lol: most of these dudes who make this music aren't even about that life so we def don't need to be.

I see.
That's part of the reason I like black thought. Growing up in philly, he watched all the stuff going on around him like your POV possibly was. He incorporates all that into his music in a way thats positive and usable. Just laceration lyrics, empowering anecdotes, some everyday man type ****. 

The thing is, most of Boosie's songs come from a similar perspective. A common theme in his music is regret and reflection. I'll post some songs later.

Have an open mind, listen to it. If he's not for you, I understand. But to say that his music is mostly negative energy is shortsighted.

I've always listened to different kinds of Hip Hop. I can listen to Jay, Gucci, Nas, Migos, Kendrick, Furture all in one day. I might be in the mood to hear something lyrical then I wanna hear some street talk over hard beats. And you don't have to be from that environment to like it. There's plenty of white suburban people that loved NWA. I think you have to be from it to really understand it though.

And if you don't like Mind Of A Maniac you just not a Boosie fan. That song perfectly represents him.

Last edited:
Wipe we down and the like arent representations of Boosie. Most of his tracks are deep reflective introspective songs. He makes good club records though. Wipe me down still goes in the club.

Your'e from Harlem/Bronx?...Listen to a few of these tracks. If sonically you cant relate, content wise....maybe you can.

Back
Top Bottom