OFFICIAL: BOSTON BRUINS 2011 STANLEY CUP CHAMPS!!!

Originally Posted by Proshares

I love it when the Warrior fans all become Shark fans this time of year
laugh.gif
its a right of passage.  Since the warrior's season always ends early& right before the start of the NHL playoffs...
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

either way, i'd say there is a good amount of legit shark fans too. 

I obviously am not a fan of Mike Green, but you don't ship him out for any reason. If he is healthy, he can be a vital piece to success for Washington. That is, if they put him in a position more suited to his game and with a better partner. Green isn't a number 1. He is however, a solid 2-3, if he's paired with the right guy, who can cover for his mistakes. This is my personal opinion of what the Caps should look like next year. I think I've got a pretty good feel for them. Watched them more than anyone, not named the Ducks, the past 3 years. The good news for the Caps, is they have a very good core. They truly, are only a couple pieces and a better coach away.

1. Have to re-sign Laich. Great leader. Good gritty all-around player, essential for playoff success.
2. Trade Semin for either a #1 d-man or for picks and prospects to free cap space to sign a top pairing d-man. If no legit #1 is available sign a guy like Markov who is a #1 when healthy.
3. Sign a second line center and winger. (Maybe Tim Connolly and Scottie Upshall)
4. IMO you trade Neuvirth as well. His value his high coming off a strong season, but I've never been a fan. Hopefully get a late first for him. Kinda small and has a tendency to give up some really weak goals. Plus, Varly should be healthy.
5. Re-sign Hannan
6. Fill 3rd and 4th line holes (Reasoner and Torres)

Ovie/Backstrom/Knuble
Laich/Connolly /Upshall
Torres/Johansson/Fehr
Hendricks/Reasoner/Chimera

Markov/Green
Alzner/Carlson
Hannan/Wideman

Varlamov/Holtby

I obviously am not a fan of Mike Green, but you don't ship him out for any reason. If he is healthy, he can be a vital piece to success for Washington. That is, if they put him in a position more suited to his game and with a better partner. Green isn't a number 1. He is however, a solid 2-3, if he's paired with the right guy, who can cover for his mistakes. This is my personal opinion of what the Caps should look like next year. I think I've got a pretty good feel for them. Watched them more than anyone, not named the Ducks, the past 3 years. The good news for the Caps, is they have a very good core. They truly, are only a couple pieces and a better coach away.

1. Have to re-sign Laich. Great leader. Good gritty all-around player, essential for playoff success.
2. Trade Semin for either a #1 d-man or for picks and prospects to free cap space to sign a top pairing d-man. If no legit #1 is available sign a guy like Markov who is a #1 when healthy.
3. Sign a second line center and winger. (Maybe Tim Connolly and Scottie Upshall)
4. IMO you trade Neuvirth as well. His value his high coming off a strong season, but I've never been a fan. Hopefully get a late first for him. Kinda small and has a tendency to give up some really weak goals. Plus, Varly should be healthy.
5. Re-sign Hannan
6. Fill 3rd and 4th line holes (Reasoner and Torres)

Ovie/Backstrom/Knuble
Laich/Connolly /Upshall
Torres/Johansson/Fehr
Hendricks/Reasoner/Chimera

Markov/Green
Alzner/Carlson
Hannan/Wideman

Varlamov/Holtby

wow what a terrible second round after a great 1st

Flyers don't deserve to win a game, it's going to be hard for me to even watch game 4 tomorrow...I have never hated a team I love so much in my life

I feel like I'm back being disappointed by the Eric Lindros led Flyers

wow what a terrible second round after a great 1st

Flyers don't deserve to win a game, it's going to be hard for me to even watch game 4 tomorrow...I have never hated a team I love so much in my life

I feel like I'm back being disappointed by the Eric Lindros led Flyers

Originally Posted by cquan05

Seto
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
@ Wayne wearing a Bruin's fitted to Game 2 in Miami of the Heat/Celts series.....
gyi0064579161.jpg

Wayne just went up a lot in my book
pimp.gif

What a game. Crowd was insane. Powerplay monkey FINALLY off our backs, even if it was a meaningless goal. Chara had a great game and Seidenberg continues to play amazing defensive hockey. Everyone looked good last night, including Lucic finally getting involved. Wasnt on his A game but was far better than the other nine stinkers hes put up so far.

The team is finally getting those goal-scorers-goals too, which I think are overrated at times, but scoring them opens up other areas of the slot for the garbage goals.

What I loved most last night was not backing down and not taking a backseat when we got up. O'Donnell gets into it with Horton, and Horton throws the gloves. Hartnell got in Timmy's face, Chara popped him.
pimp.gif

We want Bou-shay chants.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by cquan05

Seto
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
@ Wayne wearing a Bruin's fitted to Game 2 in Miami of the Heat/Celts series.....
gyi0064579161.jpg

Wayne just went up a lot in my book
pimp.gif

What a game. Crowd was insane. Powerplay monkey FINALLY off our backs, even if it was a meaningless goal. Chara had a great game and Seidenberg continues to play amazing defensive hockey. Everyone looked good last night, including Lucic finally getting involved. Wasnt on his A game but was far better than the other nine stinkers hes put up so far.

The team is finally getting those goal-scorers-goals too, which I think are overrated at times, but scoring them opens up other areas of the slot for the garbage goals.

What I loved most last night was not backing down and not taking a backseat when we got up. O'Donnell gets into it with Horton, and Horton throws the gloves. Hartnell got in Timmy's face, Chara popped him.
pimp.gif

We want Bou-shay chants.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

3-0 lead again...yet i'm uneasy
laugh.gif
My thoughts exactly.

As for the Caps, I don't think it was a personnel issue so much as it was a coaching one. I love Bruce, but he did not make any substantial adjustments in the series to try and break the 1-3-1. Boucher's done a tremendous job in Tampa with that team.

laugh.gif
My thoughts exactly.

As for the Caps, I don't think it was a personnel issue so much as it was a coaching one. I love Bruce, but he did not make any substantial adjustments in the series to try and break the 1-3-1. Boucher's done a tremendous job in Tampa with that team.

The players have proven year after year that they cannot make great adjustments over a playoff series. It'll fall on the coach but underservedly so IMO. Semin, Backstrom and Green once again proved that they are not cut out for the pressure of postseason play. Semin is the absolute worst. I'd be embarassed to have him skate for my team. Backstrom is looking like a player who got his money and stops trying. First year of his ten year deal, GL with that.

The players have proven year after year that they cannot make great adjustments over a playoff series. It'll fall on the coach but underservedly so IMO. Semin, Backstrom and Green once again proved that they are not cut out for the pressure of postseason play. Semin is the absolute worst. I'd be embarassed to have him skate for my team. Backstrom is looking like a player who got his money and stops trying. First year of his ten year deal, GL with that.

I'm a HUGE Ovechkin fan, but you look at other cup winners in the past who had the "C" on their sweater (Messier, Yzerman, Brind'Amour, Stevens, *whispers* Crosby, etc..), they ALL led by example. I'm not talking about trying to do things on your own, because things don't work that way in the NHL. All of those guys on the road to their championships in NY, Det, Car, NJ, & Pit, each had a moment where their leadership came through in one way or another. I think we're still waiting for that "moment" with Ovechkin.
Remember, they used to say the same things about Yzerman back in his first couple seasons.  But, I do agree that he needs to become more of a vocal leader.

I'm a HUGE Ovechkin fan, but you look at other cup winners in the past who had the "C" on their sweater (Messier, Yzerman, Brind'Amour, Stevens, *whispers* Crosby, etc..), they ALL led by example. I'm not talking about trying to do things on your own, because things don't work that way in the NHL. All of those guys on the road to their championships in NY, Det, Car, NJ, & Pit, each had a moment where their leadership came through in one way or another. I think we're still waiting for that "moment" with Ovechkin.
Remember, they used to say the same things about Yzerman back in his first couple seasons.  But, I do agree that he needs to become more of a vocal leader.

Originally Posted by kash55

There are a few problems with the Sedins and they are all related in one way or another (Insert punch line drum)
They get pushed around too easily, I see them falling on the ice more and any others in the playoffs. 

Then when they get a great chance they can't finish, so many times this post season I see then with a great chance to score and they just don't get the puck in the air. Both of them, just can't left that puck up a few inches or score. 

Lastly, they are a huge liability on defence. Almost everytime they are on the ice, the opposing team has come consistent pressure on our end.I'm thinking if we get past a defensive team like Nashville perhaps they will be more effective, but I'm not sure.
i think another problem they have is the fact that in the playoffs the opposition has more time to scout them. their cycle game has not been very effective, however, i'm waiting for them to break through. like someone else said it doesn't help they're playing against the same defensive pair that limited ryan/perry/getzlaf to two points during their final 2 games.

Originally Posted by kash55

There are a few problems with the Sedins and they are all related in one way or another (Insert punch line drum)
They get pushed around too easily, I see them falling on the ice more and any others in the playoffs. 

Then when they get a great chance they can't finish, so many times this post season I see then with a great chance to score and they just don't get the puck in the air. Both of them, just can't left that puck up a few inches or score. 

Lastly, they are a huge liability on defence. Almost everytime they are on the ice, the opposing team has come consistent pressure on our end.I'm thinking if we get past a defensive team like Nashville perhaps they will be more effective, but I'm not sure.
i think another problem they have is the fact that in the playoffs the opposition has more time to scout them. their cycle game has not been very effective, however, i'm waiting for them to break through. like someone else said it doesn't help they're playing against the same defensive pair that limited ryan/perry/getzlaf to two points during their final 2 games.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

I am a man of my word, the new avy and sig make me nauseous 
sick.gif
. I know I will have to keep this at least until the next round because the Predators are a complete joke and are nothing more than a doormat for the Canucks. 

roll.gif

way to be a good sport

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

I am a man of my word, the new avy and sig make me nauseous 
sick.gif
. I know I will have to keep this at least until the next round because the Predators are a complete joke and are nothing more than a doormat for the Canucks. 

roll.gif

way to be a good sport

Originally Posted by True Blues

laugh.gif
My thoughts exactly.

I'm with you DA. After what I saw last year, I don't take anything for granted. People on the radio were like "we are going to kill The Flyers"! "Just give the W to the Bruins"!

TB:

I kind of felt a similarity to what Julien did for The Bruins during the season and the first round. Bruce wanted to play all four lines it felt like and didn't want to change anything. Maybe he was just too stubborn or something.

Originally Posted by True Blues

laugh.gif
My thoughts exactly.

I'm with you DA. After what I saw last year, I don't take anything for granted. People on the radio were like "we are going to kill The Flyers"! "Just give the W to the Bruins"!

TB:

I kind of felt a similarity to what Julien did for The Bruins during the season and the first round. Bruce wanted to play all four lines it felt like and didn't want to change anything. Maybe he was just too stubborn or something.

It's true, they did say that about Stevie. When Lidstrom hangs it up word is Hank is next in line to wear the "C", which is a crime. Datsyuk should be Captain. Not only is he better than Z, but he leads by example and makes everyone who's on his line better.

It's true, they did say that about Stevie. When Lidstrom hangs it up word is Hank is next in line to wear the "C", which is a crime. Datsyuk should be Captain. Not only is he better than Z, but he leads by example and makes everyone who's on his line better.

Back
Top Bottom