...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

Originally Posted by 2wenty thre3

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

kingtre - any idea of when the update is coming and how to go about getting it? the second part is a probably a dumb question but im new to BB
most of the OS updates are the same for all BB's

Download the the new update, then:

1. Back up data on Desktop Manager under Back up/restore option
2. Back up your 3rd party apps. Instructions here--> http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...cations-53201/http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...cations-53201/http://forums.crackberry..../f3/how-...cations-53201/
3. Disconnect your BB from Desktop Manager
4. Download desired OS to your PC
5. Install/run OS to PC
6. If you are not on Verizon, delete vendor.xml file. It's located in c:\program files\common filesesearch in motion\apploader
7. Connect BB to Desktop Manager and it should prompt the upgrade. If not click app loader and that should initialize it.
8. Do not unplug BB during the process. It will take around 30-60 minutes to complete upgrade.
just wait for the official release next week. They've made some changes to .75 since the leak. if your storm is working fine and just alittle slow, just wait cause a lot of people on CB are having issues with new software rev.

^^ oo..i have that ...its dope, but yah looking for turn by turn ...can't keep staring at my phone while driving....

Can anyone recommend any good storm ready apps? I have opera mini, youtube, google maps, quickpull, flycast. I haven't got flycast working properly yet.I'm running .75 (platform 4.0.0.94) with 0 problems or issues. I would recommend the software leak to anyone who uses a storm. Most people go tocrackberry.com just to complain. Most of the complaining is by people who don't even own the phone. If you want a review of the phone. Here is my day 1review. I've had it for a week now and it has only gotten better since. My only gripe is I still can't type as fast as I did with the voyager. And Ialso miss watching G4 on vcast. If you do get the phone and don't play on using vz navigator or visual voice mail remove them. Don't forget to closeapps your not using. Don't just hit the red button.

Here was my day 1 review. Running the default .65 software. (I was a little
pimp.gif
at the time of righting it)

Cliff notes for nt readers.

Pros. Screen looks Amazing. Great reception in my area for evdo (high speed internet) and phone service. Easy to use. Muli taking works very well. (Listeningto B.i.g greatest hits while browsing the web ftw.) Alot of potentional for future apps.

Cons. Os is slow. Acceleramotor needs to be faster. I can't type as fast as I did on the voyager. Gaps around the screen lead dirrectly to the circuitboard. Meaning a single drop of water could potentially turn the phone into a brick.

Full Review From Day 1.

OK, well I was thrilled to receive my brand new blackberry storm today as well as my charging pod.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I gotta start by saying man I love this phone. Why I waited so long to jump into the smart phone market is beyond me. A little background history. I'm aformer Verizon wireless employee. Have owned voyager, lg 9400, samsung u740, lg env, and many other Verizon phones. I have briefly played with just abouteverything else.

Like many people I read all the reviews I could find, and watched ever youtube review posted. So to say I was expecting the worst would be an understatement.Within about an hour of using it I was concerned as I had my first freeze where it simply would not move.
eek.gif
But, after following all the great forum posts Ihave book marked over the last few weeks this phone rocks.

As a former dumb phone user you get to do so many things you couldn't before. From having emails pushed. To getting to finally multi task. Listening tomusic and browsing the web is so addictive. (I didn't even do any black Friday shopping with friends). The videos I made looked amazing on the screen. Ihad a bunch of movies on my voyager too but with that screen I never got very far into them. This will be different.

Making ringtones was really easy too. Just take any mp3 you have and save it as a ringtone. Not having to use any programs, tricks, websites to send them andreformat.
cool.gif
Everything sounded great.Loud. Crisp. Clear. The cover art looked amazing as well. So now I have to find a way to do it for ever song.
mad.gif

The touch screen is smooth and intuitive. I feel like this phone was really built well and has a very nice weight to it. It's nice as long as it lookedonline which I was surprised at. Its not a knock just surprising. But coming from the voyager you realize what a gimmick that touch screen really was. It'sso much more responsive to scrolling websites. Just worked better in every conceivable way.

Battery life I feel like I would be judging a little prematurely since I have only had it for one day. But I used it non stop from 2pm to 11pm. I did a fullcharge just a few minutes after I programed the phone. It still had 30% battery life. I'm impressed. With such a large bright screen having the back lighton for 30 seconds that's pretty damn good.

I don't know if I got a good one or what but I found myself constantly challenging the phone, as opposed to being hindered with the os. I did have a fewoccasions when it would slow down. The the accelerator does not twist and turn on a dime. But considering all the things I was doing one after another I wasreally impressed.

My gripes with the phone are these. The gaps scare me. I'm becoming anal about who touches this phone. I showed it to my dad who is a gadget nut too. Imade him wash his hands first before trying it and dry them thoroughly. He's 65 agreed with the yes dad walk of shame.
tongue.gif

In my pre paranoia from all the reviews I now have both an invisible shield and ghost armor that have been sitting here for weeks. I don't think I want toinstall either due to fear of liquid damage. (I have installed invisible shields on 3 voyagers, ipod classic, blackberry pearl). Another issue I have with thephone is the lack of backup assistant.

OK, this is really at Verizon but come on. I don't want to schlep to the store to do back ups. I was going to see if I re download bitpim maybe I can savethe voyager contact and transfer them. I'm not sure.

I want more. I want a flash player. More apps. Software updates. Wifi. You know everything. Just like everyone else. But, for 2008-2009 I think we have anamazing device that will only continue to get better. A phone that you can be proud of.

Whats the easiest way to get data from my old SD card to my Storm? Its an old PNY one that moms got me for my enV. I have about 250-300 pics on it that I wantto transfer. Would Verizon be able to do this?

hey, i lost my CD disk that came with my curve 8310..desktop manager, the roxio thing..EVERYTHING..Is there anywhere i can download it at for my cpu?

HELP

im not able to click on links that are in my messages and email accounts to my bb 8830

anyone else have this problem?
im searching for help online but only stuff on the storm comes up

thanks for any help

Originally Posted by Retrojayz

HELP

im not able to click on links that are in my messages and email accounts to my bb 8830

anyone else have this problem?
im searching for help online but only stuff on the storm comes up

thanks for any help
did you try clicking "get link" or were you just using the trackball?

Originally Posted by Retrojayz

^^ im not able to do anything with it

its in a plain text format
Sounds like you need to go into messages--> options --> Enable HTML email and hit Yes

Nako XL - Look towards BeeJive

for those who ordered the storm through verizon/online and said it will ship out the 5th of dec, did u guys receive them? cause i noticed it says the 15th nowon the website. did all those who ordered for the 5th date get pushed backed to the 15th as well? planning to order and wanted to know how fast it came in ifanyone did receive it

^

It said I would receive mine by the 5th but I got it last thurs.

Took like 5 days for them to ship me it.

I'm waiting for the official update to come out.

The lag is driving me insane tho.

Its also a pain to go on some websites.

Certain links wont let me click them, it just keeps magnifying instead of me clicking the link.

Same when I use the cursor.

And the battery dies FAST ... too fast.

For GPS I would use Amaze or this one, TelMap: http://global.telmap.com/tugpc/ these look like your conventionalGPS systems and have turn-by-turn navigation and voice.
Both are free and work well, but BB Maps and Google Maps also work well with the GPS on the Bold, they are a bit faster than the first 3rd party options.

I highly suggest trying out TelMap, depending on your area it could be pretty good for a free GPS software with turn-by-turn and voice navigation...otherwiseGoogleMaps or BBMaps work well already.

Originally Posted by whyte1der05five

^

It said I would receive mine by the 5th but I got it last thurs.

Took like 5 days for them to ship me it.

I'm waiting for the official update to come out.

The lag is driving me insane tho.

Its also a pain to go on some websites.

Certain links wont let me click them, it just keeps magnifying instead of me clicking the link.

Same when I use the cursor.

And the battery dies FAST ... too fast.
good lookin out bro. im probably going to order this weekend. just waiting it out reading all your guys opinions/comments/reviews and what not. imleaning more toward copping it though
pimp.gif

just tired of this damn pocket pc
mad.gif

the bold is INSANE! got mine on sunday and i'm so glad i made the switch from my iphone. push mail that works, tactile keyboard, lightning fast OS, etc.this thing is making me wonder why i didn't switch earlier

blah!

Has the official .75 update been released yet? I am a little wary about the one that leaked. I have heard it is so much better with it and I am pissed aboutthe lag it has. If it has been outed let me know the link. Thanks a ton

Back
Top Bottom