...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

Originally Posted by xdahcreator

Originally Posted by Worlds Enemy

To my BB pros, an answer I seek.

I am under a family plan and want the Storm, but do not want to shell out money for the data plan. What are my options?

I have the same question about the Bold for at&t. I want to add internet options + unlimited texting and all that stuff just for my phone. Is that okay? Or do I need my own plan in order to have those goodies?
I'm guessing your on a family plan. I'm pretty sure you can add on the data and texting plan. You do not need to have your own plan inorder to have those add ons.

im deciding whether or not to get a blackberry. do any of them have wifi?
Bold, Curve etc...some are carrier specific ....the new Storm wont have it -

yo i traded in my girls pearl $86 + my 8702e $27 + treo 650 $25
did you have to give receipts for all of them?

Tre you know damn well you coppin' that phone...you been on it for like a month now
laugh.gif
most likely...unless i flat out cant type on thejoint...but even then i'll just learn...yea u got me - bout i have to put up $450 tho
nerd.gif
oh well i had my last straw with tmo yesterday- messing up my money

this sucks i gotta sit around here and wait
nerd.gif
i wasnt thinking but ireserved one near my house so i gotta get off work get home get wifey go to the mall cop my phone then shes gonna wanna shop... i shoulda did it around here soi coulda ducked off and grabbed it and spent my day getting it setup
laugh.gif
!#+@ i might still do that and just go pick up my $50 deposit 2morro

the thing that sucks with this release is that its sounding like the majority of stores are under stocked with Storms. I've been waiting for this phone fora while now, ever since the information started going on on howardforums and then crackberry.com & boygenius report. When I went to the store they guybrought out a demo model for me to mess around with. Check out the reviews on crackberry & boygenius, they both seem to be pretty honest about the unit. Imight just end up ordering on line and getting a 20% discount on my plan.

Yo I checked out that graduate thing on blackberry.com and found this.......

BlackBerry smartphone proof of purchase receipt
In order to receive the trade-in value for your old cell phone or wireless device(s), you will need to provide a proof of purchase receipt for a new BlackBerrysmartphone. The purchase will need to have been 30 days prior to or 30 days after the quote date.
So I'd have to purchase a blackberry 30 days ago or 30 days after I get a quote on my sidekick?? I don't get it. The offer ends on the 30th of Nov.

way too cold for this nonsense...i'm bout to call this dude and make sure mines is on hold- if not ima split his wig with a display dummy
laugh.gif

chasingthestorm2.jpg

I think we can safely say Verizon and RIM have succeeded in making the Storm's launch the most anticipated of any BlackBerry smartphone to date. With lineups at Verizon stores throughout the country and in many cases less devices in stock than people waiting outside (and in some cases no devices in stock!), it'll be a day of mixed emotions. A ton of you are going to be pumped to be among the first to own RIM's touchscreen BlackBerry, while some of you are going to be p!$$ed that you chased after the Storm today to have it escape your grasp on Day 1.

edit:
laugh.gif
i just called to make sure and these dudes are tryna giveme a story...i was like listen there wasnt an issue when i opened the new account and put my money down- you said i would def get one b/c of my place in lineif there was a shortage so i dont want to hear anything...hes like let me call you right back i'm getting 6 in from such and such store but people havebeen grabbing them-

i'm like my dude- take one, put my name on it in the back like you said and i'll be there tonight...

ohwell.gif

I was about to order the Storm online and this is what I get. Is it this serious?
[h1]Page is not currently available[/h1] We've encountered an unexpected error in retrieving the page you requested. This can be the result of using the back button or having your current session terminated.

To continue, please select a link below. You can also close this browser and open a new one to begin a new session.

Shop Phones

Shop Plans

Shop Accessories

Originally Posted by Kingtre

way too cold for this nonsense...i'm bout to call this dude and make sure mines is on hold- if not ima split his wig with a display dummy
laugh.gif

chasingthestorm2.jpg

I think we can safely say Verizon and RIM have succeeded in making the Storm's launch the most anticipated of any BlackBerry smartphone to date. With lineups at Verizon stores throughout the country and in many cases less devices in stock than people waiting outside (and in some cases no devices in stock!), it'll be a day of mixed emotions. A ton of you are going to be pumped to be among the first to own RIM's touchscreen BlackBerry, while some of you are going to be p!$$ed that you chased after the Storm today to have it escape your grasp on Day 1.
edit:
laugh.gif
i just called to make sure and these dudes are tryna give me a story...i was like listen there wasnt an issue when i opened the new account and put my money down- you said i would def get one b/c of my place in line if there was a shortage so i dont want to hear anything...hes like let me call you right back i'm getting 6 in from such and such store but people have been grabbing them-

i'm like my dude- take one, put my name on it in the back like you said and i'll be there tonight...

ohwell.gif

Tre, it's not dudes fault. I read on Crackberry yesterday that the employees were ordered NOT to hold any Storms for anyone. It went on asfar as to say that there would be plain clothes employees monitoring stores activity to make sure it didn't happen. This supposedly came down fromCorporate.

i mean its whatever- im going off the signs they had in store - the lil list they had etc- and its not a corporate store so that shouldnt apply - i asked thecorporate store and they flat out said 1st come 1st serve

i saw my name get put on it and he told me i got mines 1st shipment...if he couldn't guarantee it that woulda been cool and i would have strolled over tobest buy or the 100 of other stores to try my luck- now that shipment came and went to peoples friends and what not and they are scrambling for more-

i got my back up plan already so im good but trust if this dude doesn't have my storm later ima leave outta there with all types of free bluetooth goodiesand random phone cases
laugh.gif

BJs near the crib just told me 199 flat (no mail in rebate nonsense) and it will be fedex'd to my door 2morro morn - we'll see

Originally Posted by 2wenty thre3

^Tre, what about the the bold? or have you been waiting for the touch screen BB?
laugh.gif
there will be no compromise!

naw im not really feeling the bold...not "different" enough from the curve for me -

at the store by my house people started lining up at 6 in the morning in freezing cold weather. i showed up at 9, 15 minutes and $212 later (no rebate either,corporate pricing) i will be getting mine via fed ex by noon tomorrow.

waiting a whole day extra won't kill me but there were seriously people in there that looked like that were about to start a riot because they couldnt getit today.

Originally Posted by sunshine734

at the store by my house people started lining up at 6 in the morning in freezing cold weather. i showed up at 9, 15 minutes and $212 later (no rebate either, corporate pricing) i will be getting mine via fed ex by noon tomorrow.

waiting a whole day extra won't kill me but there were seriously people in there that looked like that were about to start a riot because they couldnt get it today.
yea it aint that serious...if i have to wait til 2morro i have to wait BUT its the principle of the situation if this dude doesnt comethru...talking about "def next week"
laugh.gif

^Tre, what about the the bold? or have you been waiting for the touch screen BB?
laugh.gif

naw im not really feeling the bold...not "different" enough from the curve for me -
laugh.gif
just wondering cause the bold is
pimp.gif

i got the curve too, and i'd take the bold over the storm...

laugh.gif

Come on Tre not "different" enough from the Curve
laugh.gif
The keyboard alone on the Bold kills the Curve then add WIFI
pimp.gif
The Storm stands out due to the touch screen and after the iPhone I've vowed not to do touchscreens again.

Originally Posted by tecca nena

So you guys can trade in any crappy phone you have and receive a minimum 50 dollar check from blackberry....

just go to blackberry.com/graduate

Get Started button

Enter in all your phone info

and in the promotion code put graduate

you'll get a minimum 50 dollar check on top of the trade in value of what your phone is worth

This promotion started 11/17 so if you recently bought a blackberry I would try it, you have nothing to lose, they even provide a the postage stamp

just throw the crappy phone, the receipt and a your store invoice (just in case) in a box, tape the postage on and to the mail it goes...

so do i have to buy my blackberry first? then trade in my phone? i'm trying to trade in my iphone and put the money towards a bold. can i just send in theiphone, take the cash and put it towards a bold afterwards?

blah!

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
The Storm stands out due to the touch screen and after the iPhone I've vowed not to do touchscreens again.
enh - my curve has wifi and i never use it
laugh.gif
and thats thething im not really in love with the iphone screen but this new "click screen" has me very interested...seems like a good mix

oh and it looks like i wont be getting anything til 2morro and i will be knocking some displays over tonight
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
enh - my curve has wifi and i never use it
laugh.gif
and thats the thing im not really in love with the iphone screen but this new "click screen" has me very interested...seems like a good mix

oh and it looks like i wont be getting anything til 2morro and i will be knocking some displays over tonight
smh.gif
Actually the click screen is interesting, my cousin has a touch screen phone by Samsung through US Cellular and it vibrates anytime you press anykey on the screen.

just got back from verizon. the wait to talk to a sales rep was 2-3 hours. i talked to one kid who was waiting...he got there a 8am, and was still waiting at11:30.

i did get to mess around with it. i was eager to check out typing on it. typing works absolutely fine. i read reviews that complained about the typing, but itworked fine for me. not as easy as the curve or other typical bb's...but i though it was easier than the iphone. the lady using the demo right before mefroze it up, but she was going wild on just pressing and clicking non stop. i shut it off, turned it back on, and it worked fine for me. i'm most likelygetting one, but i didnt want to wait around all day for it and then have them run out. ill just go back this weekend.

laugh.gif
which one? Boylston?

http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idUSN2148874820081121http://www.reuters.com/ar...ews/idUSN2148874820081121
(Adds Vodafone, analyst comment, paragraphs 9-11)

NEW YORK, Nov 21 (Reuters) - Hundreds of people lined up at some Verizon Wireless stores on Friday to buy the BlackBerry Storm, the first touch-screen phone from Research In Motion (RIM.TO: Quote, Profile, Research, Stock Buzz) that aims to compete with Apple's (AAPL.O: Quote, Profile, Research, Stock Buzz) iPhone.

More than 200 people had waited at a Verizon store in mid-town Manhattan early in the morning, many of whom were turned away after it ran out of the new phones less than an hour after opening at 8 a.m. The angry customers caused a ruckus and police came to restore order.

Verizon said hundreds of others were in lines outside its stores up and down the U.S. east coast, but added that it had "plenty of phones" and would keep getting more shipments. It declined to give specifics on inventory levels.

Anthony Lewis, who was at a Verizon store near New York's Bryant Park, at first tried to get the Storm at electronics stores nearby. But he was disappointed, despite putting his name on a list ahead of the Friday debut.

"I had two pre-orders at Best Buy (BBY.N: Quote, Profile, Research, Stock Buzz) and Circuit City (CCTYQ.PK: Quote, Profile, Research, Stock Buzz). Now I'm here and I'm hearing it's sold out," said Lewis, 28, of Brooklyn, New York. "I guess 8 a.m. in the morning is too late."

Back
Top Bottom