...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

Gonna have to be checking this thread more often.....
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Just got off the phone with CSR, It was either
Bold for 199.99
8900 for 179.99

I took the bold.... said eff it, $20 more

My battery on that thing use whack, and wifi doesnt work so well, dropped that thing many a times...

I know y'all are up on the Bold/Storm, but I just got my first BB two weeks ago (Curve) and it's without a doubt the best phone I've had.

I suggest to y'all to really check up on other forums, especially Crackberry, on how to maximize the potential of a BB...good looks to everyone who keptmentioning JiveTalk in here...there is no better app for AIM.
smokin.gif

Only negative thing I found about the Curve (I guess this is all BB's in general?) are the memory leaks or memory drainage for just having the phone on,but I haven't had any problems thus far since I made sure to delete everything I'm not using. Freeing up a good amount of data is essential IMO...savesyou from having to do numerous battery pulls (I've done it a few times, but not THAT frequently)...

just got my bold yesterday
pimp.gif

can someone inform me on how to update it ? if i have to ?

EDIT : also, JIVETALK destroys my battery life, does anyone else have this problem ??

Originally Posted by DRjordanlover45

pimp.gif

EDIT : also, JIVETALK destroys my battery life, does anyone else have this problem ??

Blackberry.com for the update.
Beejive for the IM.

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

I know y'all are up on the Bold/Storm, but I just got my first BB two weeks ago (Curve) and it's without a doubt the best phone I've had.

I suggest to y'all to really check up on other forums, especially Crackberry, on how to maximize the potential of a BB...good looks to everyone who kept mentioning JiveTalk in here...there is no better app for AIM.
smokin.gif

Only negative thing I found about the Curve (I guess this is all BB's in general?) are the memory leaks or memory drainage for just having the phone on, but I haven't had any problems thus far since I made sure to delete everything I'm not using. Freeing up a good amount of data is essential IMO...saves you from having to do numerous battery pulls (I've done it a few times, but not THAT frequently)...

I had to do quite a few battery pulls because I was having trouble with my memory card, haven't put it in a while..will probably reformat it..

but it is a GREAT idea to pull the unnecessary applications.
happy.gif

how can u get scrathes of bb curve screen ? i got ahuge @++ scratch right down the middle of my screen nd its anoyin me

Originally Posted by iHust1e

Originally Posted by soulize dp

For GPS I would use Amaze or this one, TelMap: http://global.telmap.com/tugpc/http://global.telmap.com/tugpc/http://global.telmap.com/tugpc/ these look like your conventional GPS systems and have turn-by-turn navigation and voice.
Both are free and work well, but BB Maps and Google Maps also work well with the GPS on the Bold, they are a bit faster than the first 3rd party options.

I highly suggest trying out TelMap, depending on your area it could be pretty good for a free GPS software with turn-by-turn and voice navigation...otherwise GoogleMaps or BBMaps work well already.
hey i downloaded the telMap app and there's a little globe icon that wont go away on my screen (next to the txt/email/facebook notice icons...)
How the hell do I get rid of it???

and thanks Da R Entertainment

For anyone using the Bold (on AT&T) what kind of plan/pricing do you have?

I'm looking to get unlimited Data/Messaging (which is $50) and a cheap phone plan, but I'm not looking to pay more than $85 a month (as I do withT-Mobile).

I've become fed up with T-Mobile. I'm in Midtown Manhattan 12+ hours in the day and I get GPRS, little gprs, and sometimes I get GSM! That'sunacceptable. Only reason I've been holding out on the move is because I've been waiting to hold T-Mo ransom when the Javelin drops...which doesn'tseem like it'll happen for another 2 or 3 months.

So any help with a plan on AT&T would be helpful, thanks!

FYI -

For anyone in NYC who has been having service issues (getting GPRS instead of EDGE) its because T-Mo has had outages in NYC since Oct. 31 and parts of the citysince Nov. 25

alien.gif
indifferent.gif

Hey I've been having problems with viewing videos I recorded on my storm, it keeps saying the media being played is of an unsupported format. I don'tknow what the problem is, anyone know what I can do???

Originally Posted by 5tan

Gonna have to be checking this thread more often.....
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Just got off the phone with CSR, It was either
Bold for 199.99
8900 for 179.99

I took the bold.... said eff it, $20 more
good choice
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by PatGelado

Originally Posted by DRjordanlover45

pimp.gif

Blackberry.com for the update.
Beejive for the IM.
thats what i meant ; Beejive kills my battery

Well, I have been keeping up with this thread and checking out crackberry.com and any site with info on the Storm and Bold for weeks now, and I still can'tdecide. I'm having major decision making issues in choosing the Bold vs. the Storm. I know it's all about what you use it for, what your personalpreferences/priorities are, etc, etc, but I can't even get myself to lean towards one over the other for more than a couple days...much less come to aclear decision.

I've been reading that Verizon's service, network, and coverage are better than AT&T's, so I thought I'd use the carrier to make mydecision for me...but AT&T has rollover minutes, so I could get a plan with less minutes/cheaper. UGH.

Originally Posted by Jetson2333

Well, I have been keeping up with this thread and checking out crackberry.com and any site with info on the Storm and Bold for weeks now, and I still can't decide. I'm having major decision making issues in choosing the Bold vs. the Storm. I know it's all about what you use it for, what your personal preferences/priorities are, etc, etc, but I can't even get myself to lean towards one over the other for more than a couple days...much less come to a clear decision.

I've been reading that Verizon's service, network, and coverage are better than AT&T's, so I thought I'd use the carrier to make my decision for me...but AT&T has rollover minutes, so I could get a plan with less minutes/cheaper. UGH.
bold>>>>storm and i've extensively used both. i current own a bold after switching from an iphone and i have to say i'm gladto be rid of a touchscreen. as good as it was on the iphone it was nuisance at times and the storm is no different. while some like the sure-press touchscreenit's damn near impossible for me to get used to it and i was a beast on the iphone. what attracted me to the bold was the form factor and the amazingkeyboard. if you text/email a lot i suggest you go the route of the bold because you will not be disappointed. especially w/ 4.6 on the bb now it's silkysmooth. i don't know how the firmware updates have been on the storm but every single one i've used so far as been laggy and non-responsive, most ofwhich ended up freezing on me. it's up to you, but the keyboard itself is def. worth it.

blah!

jay kickz

Thanks for the input, I always pay more attention to what people who have used BOTH say. As of today, I probably am leaning Bold. The $150 after rebate throughAmazon is a good deal.

I've been in Verizon stores were the demo Storm had the original software and an employee let me play with his personal one that had been updated. Thedifference is significant, but that doesn't mean ALL the issue are fixed, just some easily noticable ones. If I go Bold, I can move to an improved Stormdown the road, it's RIM's first touchscreen, it's not like the iPhone was perfect when it came out.

Let me ask you this...is the Bold "pocketable"? It seems sort of wide/bulky. I put it in my pocket in the store, and it seems ok, but it was just fora few seconds, I'm not sure if it would get annoying or not.

I wanted the Bold as soon as I heard of it and was iffy about the Javelin but now considering the uncertainty about the Bold coming out for Tmobile and theJavlin's specs, I'm leaning towards buying the Javelin on December 15th (the rumored release date for Tmobile) For the past couple of months I'vebeen saying to myself I'll wait for the Bold until May or w/e but now I'm extremely excited I might have a new phone by next week
pimp.gif

BTW, would this memory card work on the Javelin? Since the Javelin syncs with itunes, I think I'm retiring my ipod and I'm just gonna have that at alltimes instead.
pimp.gif

http://www.newegg.com/Pro...aspx?Item=N82E16820171320

do the new storms being shipped out still have to be upgraded to the new software? how do i know which software version i have?

Back
Top Bottom