Official Blackberry OS/Device Thread

Originally Posted by Digglo

Opinions on the PlayBook? How do you guys that have it like it? They are pretty cheap right now on Buy.com and I have a 25% off coupon so the investment will be minimal. The GF has taken over my iPad so I was thinking of getting this for myself.

I had a Playbook... damn charging port broke the same damn day 2.0 dropped so i never got a chance to check it out... but i loved how the UI worked... so smooth, but there were far to many shortcomings about the OS...  the web browsing, screen, and speed were tremendous though... pretty much if it had a full Android App market it would be my favorite tab, but its just not supported... the hardware specs are fairly great too... damn shame...

Originally Posted by odog24

http://www.cowboom.com/product/807224

its only 160 here

Not bad.......
smile.gif

my blackberry 9780 gave me the white screen, tried reinstalling a new os. Didn't fix it.
I'm assuming is something to do with the hardware now, should i just get the lcd replaced, or just try and grab a new 9790 or 9900 for cheap. (with rogers in canada)
I can still use my 9000 but the trackball is kinda messed up going right and up.
any advice?

You can get a new in box refurb Playbook on bestbuy.com for 130 with free shipping. Cowboom is hit or miss, since they sell used/returned merchandise and the grading of the condition is subjective.

I wish the Army would go away from Blackberry's though. They always mess up and I have to reprogram them. BB has survived forever off the misguided perception, that they are great business phones and do something iPhones or Android's don't.

got a 9650 a week ago i really like how the bb os is simple and does everything i want except the browser is kinda slow and the 9650 is kinda laggy

trying to find a 9930 on CL

played with the playbook at bestbuy and i didnt like the os at all.

I got my 4g 9900 the day it dropped. Functions just like new except with a better battery life
laugh.gif

Battery life is still incredible. Gave RIM one last shot and they came through. Seems like ill keep them a little longer i suppose.

I know us Blackberry users are a dying breed, but Blackberry 10 is almost here. January 30th will be the event launch, so we're looking at February or March for the release. :nerd:

Mad tumbleweeds in this thread lol

Been anticipating getting the new qwerty joint when it drops in February but i think i'll get the N4 for now and then sell it to get the BB10 if i like it more.

Last edited:
Was just about to post some info on the touchscreen devices, theyll be out in march.

Seemes to run real smooth.

i copd the BB 9350 it freezes sometimes but my main problem is the music will stop playing  at random times and then i have to reset the phone every time this happends about 6 times a day and also when im making and recieving calls i cant hear anything or get a dial tone

other than that its a cool phone.

I just sold a "new" 9900 on craigslist last week, for 300. It was a refurb I'd just got from T-Mobile/Assurion. But it was new to him! He was happy, and so am I.

Nexus 4 here we go...

Not gonna lie, the iPhone looks a little outdated compared to the L-Series.  Still, the iPhone's display is better and I prefer the bottom charging port...

Actually the BB10's display will be better too. I believe 1280x768.
I must've missed that.  I remember reading that it wasn't as nice as the iPhone's display, but that could've been speculation.  Either way, another win for BB
pimp.gif

EDIT:

Actually, I read that the colors were more natural on the iPhone's screen, that's why it was better.  I'd have to see it person to judge though...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom