Official Bitcoin Thread

fapmasterjr fapmasterjr you the man, but lets not compare BTC this year to stocks in general.

Stocks have been making people millions and the rich richer for centuries Owning shares of companies that make real profits and show real growth over years is >>>>>>

BTC has its own lane, the two shouldnt even be compared. There really is no comparison.

fapmasterjr fapmasterjr you the man, but lets not compare BTC this year to stocks in general.

Stocks have been making people millions and the rich richer for centuries Owning shares of companies that make real profits and show real growth over years is >>>>>>

BTC has its own lane, the two shouldnt even be compared. There really is no comparison.

not comparing btc this year....i can only compare to bitcoin lifespan which is 10+yrs. When will it be OK to compare? another 10-15, 20, 30yrs? serious question. Or never?

kind of annoying when peeps keep calling bitcoin skeptical, but i see other things as skeptical and they give it a pass. from 1-100-1k-20k-60k....while all their other assets trend to ZERO vs it. so honest question i have.

I am not hung up on it being a medium of exchange, you are. I know for a fact it cant be so I dont even consider it.

Maybe I should ask you, what is Bitcoin?

what? I never even brought up BTC being a MOE. :lol: it doesn't need to be a MOE for people to finally realize gov't controlled currencies are garbage.

Maybe you should ask the people of Venezuela and Argentina what Bitcoin is.

not comparing btc this year....i can only compare to bitcoin lifespan which is 10+yrs. When will it be OK to compare? another 10-15, 20, 30yrs? serious question. Or never?

Probably never imho. I think it's a different type of asset, just gives us an additional way to make money.

oh word?

the only reason people with no understanding of stocks have been getting 'rich' since 2020 is because the government printed 50% of its money supply since last March. yall not tryna hear that tho...

what? I never even brought up BTC being a MOE. :lol: it doesn't need to be a MOE for people to finally realize gov't controlled currencies are garbage.

I know some have been quoting or assuming things Satoshi has written in the white paper....so let me drop a legit quote that covers this:

“If you don't believe it or don't get it, I don't have the time to try to convince you, sorry.” - Satoshi

Thats meaningless when 99% of the population had no idea how to purchase a BTC 10 years ago even if they wanted to. Hell even in 2017 you had to go through so much crap to buy crypto.

It wasnt until 2019 where it became so easily accessible to literally everyone.

Thats meaningless when 99% of the population had no idea how to purchase a BTC 10 years ago even if they wanted to. Hell even in 2017 you had to go through so much crap to buy crypto.

It wasnt until 2019 where it became so easily accessible to literally everyone.

Sounds like you don't want to put in the work to educate yourself. Why are you thinking of yourself as the 99%? Be the 1% my man.

I'mma come clean, i'm sorry bros if I sound like a diiick.....on the real, to be 100....i want us to all flourish. not lying. i'm doing best i can answering everyones DMs and posts to help out. I really see this as lifechanging for many peeps and YES, it can happen to you if you just have the conviction....again, apologies if i'm being ahole.

Na I've been in this thread for years. I'm ok with having 5-10% of my investment money in BTC or ETH. I understand the potential of it as an asset for the top 500 companies and the potential of it overseas. Thats why i'm here, strictly off the potential of an intangible product reaching 100-300k.

The volatility, sending/receiving to addresses that the common person won't understand, zero support team if you lose your money, the crash in 2018, etc etc is why I'm more bearish than most.

I'mma come clean, i'm sorry bros if I sound like a diiick.....on the real, to be 100....i want us to all flourish. not lying. i'm doing best i can answering everyones DMs and posts to help out. I really see this as lifechanging for many peeps and YES, it can happen to you if you just have the conviction....again, apologies if i'm being ahole.

Salute, you're a better man than me.

LOL. So inflation and debasing of currencies has FINALLY been exposed by Bitcoin. Phew, almost thought we were going to go another 30 years before we realized that.

Hope all of you guys become millionaires. Hell, billionaires. Which you must be since you had the conviction bug since the OG white paper :-|

I can say with 100% certainty that you have no idea what you are talking about relative to the utility of the asset. We are all making money and that is great, but don't present it as something it isn't. It is an access database with append-only checked, that is energy inefficient, unstable, and derives its value from you and me. That is all. It might be the most valuable asset known to mankind in a few years. I sincerely hope it is because I will be a rich, rich man. But it also could be worth zero with the stroke of a pen by the gOvErNmEnT.

I could be totally wrong, feel free to quote me later and make fun of me, I could not care less, but to me it's obvious bitcoin is topping out. I sold more yesterday at 60k.

The NFT craze is one obvious sign (think ICO craze in 2017).

If you check the chart below, the DMA cross which has called every top in every previous cycle is just about to happen again. (Orange line crossing Green line from the bottom)

newplot.png

The almost religious devotion some people have to BTC and HODLing is kind of cringe to me.

I love BTC, I think long term it is going way way higher, but if I can take profits and avoid an 80% crash, and buy back 10x as many coins as I had before, obviously I will do it. I don't care if I "miss out" on another 2x from here. I made plenty of money buying low. No one went broke taking profits at all time highs.

Everything is in a bubble. Pretty much all assets, all across the world. Stocks, real estate, crypto. Everything is in a speculative craze right now. It's not healthy, it's not normal, and It's not gonna last. It never does.

Eth fees are ridiculous.
And this hs why crypto is due for a major correction. Bids will dry up when there isn’t an ability to use the networks reasonably. It’s why tech stocks crashed last month. Crypto is no different. It’s been a great run, we may keep going, but a correction is becoming necessary to find new buyers. We just may see 75k or 100 first.

I love bitcoin as much as anybody but we need to call it for what it is objectively, a speculative asset that dominates the world and can become a global currency. It’s only value is what we assign to it. The dollar has value because the military will go and kill anyone to preserve its reserve status. Bitcoin has value because of us hoarding it and driving up demand for its finite supply. I love bitcoin on every correction you get, but you need to be objective on what it is at its root form.

Everything is in a bubble. Pretty much all assets, all across the world. Stocks, real estate, crypto. Everything is in a speculative craze right now. It's not healthy, it's not normal, and It's not gonna last. It never does.

Agree with this. People have way too much money to throw around these days.

Agree with this. People have way too much money to throw around these days.

this. there should be nobody going hungry when we could spend stacks on sneakers and NFT's. how the f)#K

on BTC, it's an underlying theme for life man. we are all connected whether we realize it, like it or not. blockchain is the same way. every coin is connected and the blockchain keeps it in check with confirmations from the nodes. build more nodes! make the bonds stronger! it's bigger than just dollars. it's our digital transformation and a new frontier. don't be scared

Back
Top Bottom