Official Bitcoin Thread

Man coinbase gotta go seen btc for 3600 but when I preview purchase **** say 3620 just to compare i previewed a sale at the same price but is says 2580 smh

What's the name of that other exchange that's connected with coinbase but no fees?

Man coinbase gotta go seen btc for 3600 but when I preview purchase **** say 3620 just to compare i previewed a sale at the same price but is says 2580 smh

What's the name of that other exchange that's connected with coinbase but no fees?

Gdax. I guess it goes by coinbase pro now

Coinbase has a small surcharge on top of the other fee....

But i have caught bitcoin at a lower price on the late night... this was back in Oct or Nov. Btc was about 200 bucks cheaper than livecoinwatch or coinmarketcap...

Btw the Samsung s10 comes with a cold storage wallet on the phone. That's the 2nd phone coming with a wallet.

Most money will be on everyone's phone in 10 years...

I think I'm gonna open an Abra account later...

Coinbase has a small surcharge on top of the other fee....

But i have caught bitcoin at a lower price on the late night... this was back in Oct or Nov. Btc was about 200 bucks cheaper than livecoinwatch or coinmarketcap...

Btw the Samsung s10 comes with a cold storage wallet on the phone. That's the 2nd phone coming with a wallet.

Most money will be on everyone's phone in 10 years...

I think I'm gonna open an Abra account later...

That's dope. All we really have to do is get to a point where one person has btc on their phone and another has ltc and they can just tap phones and exchange $20 bucks. Crypto is still in that ugly, inconvenient phase. Like when satellite dishes were expensive af and the size of an h2

That's dope. All we really have to do is get to a point where one person has btc on their phone and another has ltc and they can just tap phones and exchange $20 bucks. Crypto is still in that ugly, inconvenient phase. Like when satellite dishes were expensive af and the size of an h2
Its coming along slowly. Was trying to put my cousin on to it last night but she said "it's a bubble , people can fake bitcoin and people can steal your bitcoin randomly". Once she said those 3 things i let it go and said, ok well see in 10 years...

Reactions: jjs
I think so, a DECENTRALIZED, GLOBAL asset, finite amount, has been tested for 10 years already, improvements are in the works, everyone moving towards everything connected to internet/mobile phones, such a small slice of the $$ pie right now, so much room to grow. Plus younger generation more open to cryptoassets, have a feeling some of the wealth they inherit from their parents/grandparents will be injected into the market. Plus plus great to add for diversification in conjunction with a regular equity portfolio or 401k

I'm hopeful the market is quiet for another year so I have more time to stack.

No ones running away from USD to crypto because the USD is centralized.

Just ask yourself a few questions.

Is crypto a value producing asset?

What are the factors that will cause more businesses to accept cryptos as payments?
In other words, where is all the demand for people to hold cryptos going to come from?

But let’s make it easy and just say no, it’s not a value producing asset. So by definition you can’t even invest in cryptos.

And no, the trend is not going to be businesses accepting cryptos as a form of payment.

If you like taking risks and like big returns, go gamble and speculate.
If you’re not willing to lose the money and want some decent gains over the long term, invest it.

There is a clear difference between the two

Last edited:
Jamie Dimon, CEO of JP Morgan in 2017: "Bitcoin is a fraud"

Jamie Dimon in 2018: "We've built a blockchain and cryptocurrency department"

JP Morgan in 2019: "We're launching our own cryptocurrency"

Couldn't both things be true? Lol bitcoin is a fraud but jpm coin is legit. They've basically taken the tech, which I see so many in the thread say is the value, and left bitcoin where it is. If all the banks come up with their own coin using the tech would bitcoin become useless?

No one doubts the authentication part of the technology behind cryptos.

Bitcoin is a whole other beast.

The “crypto” JP Morgan has is just for internal use and the only utility it has is a fast transfer of payment with more security.

It’s not something people will buy and hope to sell for more.

No one doubts the authentication part of the technology behind cryptos.

Bitcoin is a whole other beast.

The “crypto” JP Morgan has is just for internal use and the only utility it has is a fast transfer of payment with more security.

It’s not something people will buy and hope to sell for more.

True. The real value is in establishing a network.

Looks like the competition will be between who's distributed ledger will take dominance.

A centralized bank coin will never be the same as a decentralized, borderless, payment/store of value as BITCOIN. Bitcoin is 10yrs in, tested, unhacked (name another tech that hasn't been hacked and worth 60billion+).

Its like you guys are saying, why use A when B is clearly better?? There will always be bootleggs or copies..but the original, especially one that is decentralized has value.

"why do people buy gold, when fake gold is stronger, brighter, has almost the same exact qualities.....blah blah blah"

I mentioned investment platforms earlier this week. I started a youtube channel to get the word out.

Its a shaky industry and these platform have high risk . I made a video from my investment on the last 28 days. Made 50 percent on my litecoin , not bad.

Couldn't both things be true? Lol bitcoin is a fraud but jpm coin is legit. They've basically taken the tech, which I see so many in the thread say is the value, and left bitcoin where it is. If all the banks come up with their own coin using the tech would bitcoin become useless?

Xrp might not get the piece they were banking on....

I think they are on two different paths (xrp vs jpm stable coin).

There's a lot of value in a ledger that connects other ledgers vs a stablecoin on a singular network.

In 2017, Dimon said something along the lines of "Bitcoin is a fraud, but blockchain and the tech has a bright future"

Reactions: wr
No ones running away from USD to crypto because the USD is centralized.
Just ask yourself a few questions.
Is crypto a value producing asset?
What are the factors that will cause more businesses to accept cryptos as payments?
In other words, where is all the demand for people to hold cryptos going to come from?
But let’s make it easy and just say no, it’s not a value producing asset. So by definition you can’t even invest in cryptos.
And no, the trend is not going to be businesses accepting cryptos as a form of payment.
If you like taking risks and like big returns, go gamble and speculate.
If you’re not willing to lose the money and want some decent gains over the long term, invest it.
There is a clear difference between the two

If theres a centralized form is there a need for a decentralized form?
y

Chase stable coin will be cumbersome. Chase has a lot of counterparty risk on their end of the transactions.
Banks / clients will have to have agreements in place with Chase. Plus it's all within one bank and pegged to USD.
Look what happened to Wells Fargo last week. Chase stablecoin will not be quick, safer, or preffered.

i literally been gambling with some litecoin for the past month.. something i would not have done last year.. having a whole year in crypto takes away alot of the uncertainty one have entering a new space. i can see how computer illiterate people might not feel comfortable putting up money into something that read.509343 btc . its a little intimidating , but with time people will adapt and acclimate to the changes , just like atm machines and debit cards...

going to make a video soon on hype technology of 2018 and what that means going forward. i just found this chart that i need to study AND its oing to put it all into perspective..

Back
Top Bottom