Official Bitcoin Thread

One thing I don't understand when you buy Alt coins, I noticed the total value of your investment + return on Binance correlates to Bitcoin. If I went high up on Ripple for example, but Bitcoin is down, and I have to exchange to Bitcoin when it's low just so I can cash out and send to Coinbase, isn't all this defeating the purpose of trying to profit? Is it only good to cash out when Bitcoin or Ethereum is up? By the time you wait to cash out exchanging to Bitcoin or Eth, my Ripple could be down.

One thing I don't understand when you buy Alt coins, I noticed the total value of your investment + return on Binance correlates to Bitcoin. If I went high up on Ripple for example, but Bitcoin is down, and I have to exchange to Bitcoin when it's low just so I can cash out and send to Coinbase, isn't all this defeating the purpose of trying to profit? Is it only good to cash out when Bitcoin or Ethereum is up? By the time you wait to cash out exchanging to Bitcoin or Eth, my Ripple could be down.

That's why the real goal is to beat BTC/ETH growth, If your alts can't beat their growth you lose.

So how do these ico work? How do you purchase and where does it go?

ICO's basically are fund raising for an altcoin. They usually have a pre sale then a public sale then it releases on exchanges.
Prices per coin are usually much cheaper in the ICO stage because they want to raise money and some even give discounts for pre sales.

upload_2018-1-11_22-40-44.png

If you participated in the Ethereum ICO and put down $1000 and hodled, You'll have $3.8 Million right now. Let's not even talk about NXT, because that would just make me mad :lol:.

My boy was on the ICON ICO and his £300 is now over £30K.

Most ICO's these days use the Ethereum platform for the ICO, you buy their tokens with Ether and they will send it to your ether wallet then maybe later on they'll swap those tokens for their native tokens if their blockchain is not going to be on Ethereum.

I need to get into one of these ICOs man...

Check the latest coins to be added on Binance

https://support.binance.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003892352-VIBE-VIBE-

Article shows the ICO prices :smh::sick:

I would post some but most don't allow US citizens for some reason so unless you have 2 passports, it's kinda hard.
Best bet is to add their telegram to find out around the time it'll exchanges

Minimum purchase for Matrix ICO is 10k tokens, which looking at the pre-sale exchange rates, I'm sure will be like 3+ ETH. Not an option for me at the moment unfortunately. I'll try to grab some once it hits exchanges.

Minimum is 0.5 ETH according to their Telegram

LOL speaking of family members buggin, my mother just told me that she heard on the news that all the cryptocurrencies are on the dip

Hit her with the "So? I'm still making money" :lol:

just started following this thread in the last few days.

it's like y'all are speaking a foreign language, but it's exciting. :evil:

How do you guys keep up with the up and downs while having a day job?

My job is killing my chances

You can set the blockfolio or delta app to give you notification for certain conditions.
Also, join the telegram of any coin you're invested in to get the latest news about the coin.

Back
Top Bottom