Official Bitcoin Thread

Is there any chance Bitcoin/crypto currency becomes non existent?

Can you shutdown the Internet? Then if u can, possibly bitcoins becomes nonexistent since all nodes cant go online (it only takes 1node/computer to be online)...does that make u feel better?

Your friend/contact, the one that said its a bad investment...is he in tech? Is he smarter than the mathematicians, engineers. and scholars that believe in bitcoin? If so, can I read some of his work? Because your friend sounds so smart and is able to convince/sway guys like you. Interesting.

Lol he's not someone I know personally, just someone on another forum I post on. Mostly he was saying to do your research before you invest into it. The other guy said he's investing in it as well, but didn't elaborate much further than that.

I have some money(not even close to 1 Bitcoin, but it's a start) just don't know many places that use it as far a payment option. Only thing I've noticed in the value fluctuates a lot.

Lol he's not someone I know personally, just someone on another forum I post on. Mostly he was saying to do your research before you invest into it. The other guy said he's investing in it as well, but didn't elaborate much further than that.

I have some money(not even close to 1 Bitcoin, but it's a start) just don't know many places that use it as far a payment option. Only thing I've noticed in the value fluctuates a lot.

Here...now u can “use” bitcoin ANYWHERE Visa is accepted, what’s next question?

Bitpay.com

D8A011BF-5B65-4AD5-AAEB-114FE25C321E.png

And add to the discussion:

In Oct. Amazon MAY start accepting Bitcoin. What really means is: Bitcoin officially has value. ( News to those who didn't believe in digital currency.)

Do you guys think the value will go up?

https://squawker.org/technology/breaking-amazon-will-accept-bitcoin-by-october/

If amazon actually accepts it? You best believe value will skyrocket and so will all alt coins

Amazon is the biggest and most know marketplace in the world, having bitcoin attached or associated with that company is nothing but good!

trying to get some goku coin

anybody ever collected stronghand?

got like 12-20 dollars worth just checked its over $800

I'm going to share some info on coins I've invested...For those are starting, this is awesome quick infos on them..

Ark is a secure platform designed for mass adoption and delivers the services that consumers want and developers need.
Category: Platform
Date of ICO: 2016.09.07-2016.12.11
All time low: 0.030143 USD
All time high: 3.76 USD
Pros:
-Ark's core is configured to produce ultra fast transactions with 8 second blocktimes
-Ark aims to bridge well known blockchain technologies through the use of SmartBridges, making an interconnected ecosystem of blockchains possible
-The ARKshield program provides an extra layer of protection to ARK
Cons:
-The technology consumes a lot of computer power due to a lot of mathematical solutions that are used to validate transactions
-Adoption of the currency faces a major challenge due to government regulations
Similar projects:
-None
Key figure: Mike Doty

OmiseGO is a public Ethereum - based financial technology for use in mainstream digital wallets, that enables real-time, peer-to-peer value exchange and payment services agnostically across jurisdictions and organizational silos, and across both fiat money and decentralized currencies.
Category: Payment network
Date of ICO: 2017.06.23
All time low: 0.319695 USD
All time high: 13.53 USD
Pros:
-Partnership with Ethereum, most advisors from Ethereum foundation. Having Vitalik Buterin as advisor. The team is filled with well-known blockchain developers. -Well established company behind it (Omise). It is a very popular payment management platform in Southeast Asia, especially in Thailand.
Cons:
-Needs more time to grow
Similar projects:
-None
Key figures:
-Jun Hasegawa, Donnie Harinsut

Potcoin is an open-source cryptocurrency forked from Litecoin in January 2014. It was created with the goal of becoming the standard form of payment for the legalised marijuana industry. Technically, Potcoin is almost indentical to Litecoin, with just a few differences: a shorter block generation time, quicker halving schedule, and a higher maximum number of coins.
Category: Currency
Date of fork: 2014.01.21
All time low: 0.000013 USD
All time high: 0.215177 USD
Pros:
-First player in the cryptocurrency market involving business with legalized marijuana
-Great vision for solving the network and banking problems of the legal marijuana industry
-Giving funds to charities
-Similarities to Litecoin which is a well established coin
Cons:
-Legal difficulties concerning the cannabis industry
-Legalisation has to come a long way for reaching a critical amount people
Similar projects:
-Dopecoin, THCcoin
Key figure:
-Joel Yaffe

Steem is an open-source, decentralized cryptocurrency created to reward posters on Steemit.com, the blockchain-based social media network.
Category: Currency, Platform
Initial release: 2016.03.24
All time low: 0.069192 USD
All time high: 4.93 USD
Pros:
-Content creators on Steemit.com get rewarded for when their posts get upvoted
-Great community, growing popularity
Cons:
-Vulnerable to voting manipulation via sybil attack
-Main developer left to work for Bitshares (Dan Larimer)
Similar projects:
-Akasha, LBRY, Synereo, Yours
Key figures:
-Ned Scott, Dan Larimer

Back
Top Bottom