Official BBQ thread

Apparently it's actually for the flavor

But recently we picked up a trick from a Dallas chef that has rocked our minimalist approach to its foundation: We cook meats directly on the coals.

No, the precious porterhouses do not incinerate, even though the heat is consistently 800 to 1,000 degrees. The char is robust and earthy, but never too ashy or excessive, even when we use thinner cuts like hanger and skirt.

Sear on coals, finish on indirect.

You don't do this?
Can you get sear marks indirectly, I mean I guess you could but the heat needed would be insane to heat up the indirect part enough to sear.
Always enjoyed this

Watch "Cooking Steak with Lava" on YouTube

Old school video I remember the first time seeing this. I was like no way, nope, nope. Wait what.

Unless you put the coals on one side of the grill, let the grill get hot enough then flip it to the other side. More work than necessary sure but it would "work"

Took a shot at trying these triple bypass bacon crusted ribs..color turned out a lil darker than I wanted but was still good

20170722_185803.jpg

^yummy!

I'm just not a fan of sauced ribs though. It should have enough flavor from the rub.

Ole boy lifting the racks with a machete lol.

Everyone thinks they need those fancy $700+ grilling apparatuses...all you need is an old fashioned charcoal grill.

^yummy!

I'm just not a fan of sauced ribs though. It should have enough flavor from the rub.

Ole boy lifting the racks with a machete lol.

Everyone thinks they need those fancy $700+ grilling apparatuses...all you need is an old fashioned charcoal grill.

I'm usually a rub only guy myself
dame2.png

If I do have a sauce I'll have it on the side

I'm not trying to die from steak. Lava probably has so much toxic gases you might as well check into the hospital after the first bite.

I'm not trying to die from steak. Lava probably has so much toxic gases you might as well check into the hospital after the first bite.

Said it before in this thread but charred and smoked meats are already carcinogenic so, not sure how much worse lava would be.

What kind of knives y'all got. Gonna get me one of those brisket knives in a couple of days

Cutco and some commercial grade knives my mother in law gave me. I havent bought any of the ones i really want cuz they are the price of a dam car note.

Cutco and some commercial grade knives my mother in law gave me. I havent bought any of the ones i really want cuz they are the price of a dam car note.
I usually just lurk/admire in here but I had to chime in on this. I was talking to my boss around Christmas about gifts I was thinking about getting my mom. He knows she likes to cook so he told me to look in to Cutco knives. So I looked them up when I got home. Went to his office the next day like you know how much I make bruh, why the hell did you suggest these? :lol:.

Cutco on that premium price level lol I'm looking for some sharp entry level joints I ain't Jay-Z

Never put yiur knifes in the dishwasher. Will **** em up.

Fax.

J.A. Henckels knives are a takedown on the Zhwilling (sp?) Henckels knives. Worth the money though.

No knife is worth more than $50 individually imo. You can sharpen a damn blade.

Back
Top Bottom